Removing Icons

chardly38

With more aircraft being added to world more icons will be added to the main menu. I think would be nice to have an option to remove the icons from the main screen. As time goes along the main menu will get cluttered. I dont think Im the only person that doesn't like clutter.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I agree. I understand that ED is a business and want to advertise their products but most of their customers are fully aware about every single module that comes out (or is about/planned to be). In the main screen there should only be the modules that are available to play. It's a start screen. If a module hasn't been bought then it can not be started. So it really has no place in the start screen. We have the Module Manager for that.

It can also be a single icon saying something like: "See what else is available..." and the user could click on it to see the rest of the modules. Kinda like the news on the left. The user can click to show/hide the news.

• Like 1

It can also be a single icon saying something like: "See what else is available..." and the user could click on it to see the rest of the modules. Kinda like the news on the left. The user can click to show/hide the news.

Or have it act like the tab on the left of the main menu to help keep things clean.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I don't mind them for now, but I do agree if a lot more stuff is released it would be nice to have the option to remove them. I think most of us will own the majority of them but things like combined arms can vanish and I'd be happy.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

They should be rather easy to mod away.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed, very much a needed option. As someone who only has A-10C and CA installed (own Ka-50 but don't even install it any more), having numerous icons for things I'm never going to buy/install is a bit of an irritation.

A long way down the to do list though, given the amount of time spent looking at the single player main menu screen.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Agreed, very much a needed option. As someone who only has A-10C and CA installed (own Ka-50 but don't even install it any more), having numerous icons for things I'm never going to buy/install is a bit of an irritation.

A long way down the to do list though, given the amount of time spent looking at the single player main menu screen.

I would have to agree with the above statement.

Other than a being a constant reminder of items you're not interested in and will not purchase, it really serves no purpose.

The same can be said for samplers (P51). Make them downloadable instead of injecting them in releases.

i was under the impression that the whole point of that pane was for the news and for the modules released... what a waste of man power for something so trivial, and i hate to say it but I would rather them seperate FC3 into seperate plane icons as well (aka more icons) although i admit that thats just as trivial as saying i cant see the unused bottom of the image on the main menu.

Go to the Module Manager and uncheck the aircraft you don't want to show up. It should remove the icon from the "main menu screen. It alteast works for the TF-51 and Su-25T

WARNING DO NOT DO THIS. I went to my module manager now I not one of the aircraft that i have will show up.

Edited by chardly38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im wanting to remove all icons. Dont uncheck the ones that you own. It will remove them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to the Module Manager and uncheck the aircraft you don't want to show up. It should remove the icon from the "main menu screen. It alteast works for the TF-51 and Su-25T

That action only goes so far towards removing unused\unwanted icons.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Screen_140601_223044_zps4e306421.jpg

Or have ED give us the option to remove all icons so that with every up date we dont have to mod the sim over and over again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just did a quick test and you can remove all icons using the method I stated in my previous post.

As I said earlier, a mod should not be difficult. Thanks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But it should not be a mod. With the next little update it will revert back to the same clutter. And you will have to apply the mod again. If you only have one mod that's easy. But a mod here, a mod there...

To my experience, for ED, it doesn't matter how trivial or further down the list something is. If they see that it is a matter of a few code lines they make it happen right away.

But it should not be a mod. With the next little update it will revert back to the same clutter. And you will have to apply the mod again. If you only have one mod that's easy. But a mod here, a mod there...

To my experience, for ED, it doesn't matter how trivial or further down the list something is. If they see that it is a matter of a few code lines they make it happen right away.

JSGME

But it is true, a system like Rise of Flight has would be cool. There you can choose in a menu what icons should be visible on the main page.

+1 An thats why I put this in the wish list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]