How to switch modes (Nav, A2G...)?

Godzila

I am going to build some sort of universal panel mainly for FC3 planes. I have pretty much decided on the layout for stick, throttle and panel. The only thing that bugs me is how to change modes.

I though about rotary switch, but there is a problem with different nav modes. I could make separate switch for changing nav modes and next waypoint, but I am afraid there is going to be conflict if rotary is in lets say BVR mode.

Last resort is to put keys 1-8 on a panel, but that is the least favorable plan.

I also thought about mouse wheel with a button, but as I see it there is no way to implement this because there is no "previous/next mode" in options.

I know that most panel builders here make copies of real panels, so there is not much to decide. I read through the forum a lot, but couldnt find any solutions. I really dont want to reinvent the wheel with this and hope someone has ideas or it has been done before.

You can assign the different route modes and waypoint advancing to a rocker switch. There really isnt any conflicts between the two, as the selected waypoint will remain stored in memory until you advance to the next waypoint regardless of which submode you are in.