DCS: F-86F Sabre Screenshots

NRG-Vampire

This F-86 is awesome, please can you confirm that the metal effect of the fuselage is the same for us than your screenshots ?

I ask you this question because it's not easy to have this texture, no ?

Thanks for this new sharing, Skull.

Please can you confirm that the metal effect of the fuselage is the same for us than your screenshots ?

I ask you this question because it's not easy to have this texture, no ?

Updated metal reflections in EDGE, it won't require any special texturing, just the same way you make bare metal textures now.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Updated metal reflections in EDGE, it won't require any special texturing, just the same way you make bare metal textures now.

Hello dear Blaze,

If I well understand your explanation for the moment we have v1.8.0 and with this version of DCS we cannot have these metal reflections with the F-86, correct ?

The future update v1.3.0 is almost ready, please can you tell me if the v1.3.0 is EDGE or not ?

If v1.3.0 is not EDGE when we will installed the v1.3.0 and bought the F-86 we will not have the same melal reflections than EDGE, no ?

Everybody talk about the v1.3.0 but is it EDGE ?

Somewhere I've read that the release date for the F-86 is between 15 and 25 jully, if EDGE will not release before the F-86 we cannot have these famous metal reflections, is it correct ?

I'm very for all these questions, thanks again. Skull

Hello dear Blaze,

If I well understand your explanation for the moment we have v1.8.0 and with this version of DCS we cannot have these metal reflections with the F-86, correct ?

The future update v1.3.0 is almost ready, please can you tell me if the v1.3.0 is EDGE or not ?

If v1.3.0 is not EDGE when we will installed the v1.3.0 and bought the F-86 we will not have the same melal reflections than EDGE, no ?

Everybody talk about the v1.3.0 but is it EDGE ?

Somewhere I've read that the release date for the F-86 is between 15 and 25 jully, if EDGE will not release before the F-86 we cannot have these famous metal reflections, is it correct ?

I'm very for all these questions, thanks again. Skull

how the heck do you have 1.8.0?!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

So if v1.3.0 will not release before the release of the F -86 the métal reflexion will be not available ?

Is it possible to have few screenshots of the F -86 without EDGE ?

Thanks, Skull

Sorry but I've not understand your question, if my memory is good today we have this version: 1.2.8.27915.434-316 so I would like to know if the v1.9.0 is not available before the release of the F-86 the metal reflection will be not functionnal ?

mistyped

sure, they wanted to write: 1.2.8 :D

and yes, the reflection is already available in the sim - since wathog beta came out

later the current engine got newer and continuously improved materials such as glass, mirror and chrome materials - all are reflecting materials

what is new: the reflected image what we can see on the fuselage (with the current engine we can see only clouds on the reflecting surface)

by an easy way: that's an image what the graphic engine put on the fuselage

but by a diffucult way: the reflection is calculated ! ! ! and we will see all the surrounding objects on the reflection of the fuselage - just like in a mirror - but this is computationally intensive very much unfortunately

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Skulleader has a valid point!

Can you show us some screen shots in the current version of DCS?....not EDGE, since nobody knows when it's gonna be ready.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Can you show us some screen shots in the current version of DCS?....not EDGE, since nobody knows when it's gonna be ready.

sorry, those images are not my screenshots, so i cant show you sabre images made by 1.2.8

those came from ED/BelSimTek web and facebook pages

correct, i collect them all to this thread

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Hello guys,

Thanks for your answers now just wait and see the release of the F-86, it's very hard to wait this new module...

Bye, Skull.

you can already get an idea with the P51 clean body skin.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

As Tuco said, reflections are already in the game. I can get some nice ones on the P-51 skins, but not as good as the one in EDGE with the Sabre. EDGE will just improve the reflections (a lot :))

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

you can already get an idea with the P51 clean body skin.

Yes you have right because I'm a great fan of this repaint for the P-51D but with the screenshots of the F-86 I had the sensation that the metal reflection is better, but it's maybe because the F-86's has different fuselage, more curve, now ?

Yes you have right because I'm a great fan of this repaint for the P-51D but with the screenshots of the F-86 I had the sensation that the metal reflection is better, but it's maybe because the F-86's has different fuselage, more curve, now ?

Metal reflections are better in EDGE, it has nothing to do with the model.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Metal reflections are better in EDGE, it has nothing to do with the model.

Hello Blaze,

Thanks for your explanations and it's perfect for me, now I wait with impatience the release of the F-86.

Bye, Skull.

Hello Blaze,

Thanks for your explanations and it's perfect for me, now I wait with impatience the release of the F-86.

Bye, Skull.

F86 will be released based on 1.2.9 not 1.3.0. So you may need to wait more till the release of 1.3.0 to enjoy the better fuselage reflection in EDGE.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

F86 will be released based on 1.2.9 not 1.3.0. So you may need to wait more till the release of 1.3.0 to enjoy the better fuselage reflection in EDGE.

Hello,

You know the v1.2.9 is not a problem for me, now I wait just the release of this famous F-86...

Thanks again. Skull

Think the landing lights need bigger bulbs;)

Yes, please say that is an old pic. The landing lights are not good at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: