Weapon Training - Door Gunner Position

Timm

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here please. I am going through the Weapon Training section and have come across a slight problem. I have got to the point of sitting in the left seat bring down the sight etc etc, when my instructor then states lets move to the right door gunner position, key command 3, but when I press that it put me in the pilots seat and the training just stops, it seems to be waiting for me to move, but I can't as there is no guns attached at the doors. Any ideas? Regards Timm

Just been looking through the various post and come across this

I just installed the most recent update for DCS World. I have the UH-1 module and when I go into the training mode the gunner positions (3 & 4) still have not been corrected. When asked to press key #3 or #4 to go to gunner position it just defaults to the front right pilot position. Can anybody assist as I am new to this program. Thank you.

Edited by Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Try deleting the controller assignments under C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\UH-1H

DCS will then re-create the default assignments, which should solve your issue. Just make sure that you check the controller assignments afterwards ... as DCS has the habbit of creating multiple assignments for some axes.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I took what you mention and sadly no joy. When I press 3 it put me back in the pilots seat, no actions at all when I press 3 or 4. What I did notice when I looked in the settings section that it states that the Left Gunner position is key command 3 and the Right Gunner position is key command 4, completely opposite to what the instructor is saying.

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hi,

I took a screen shot of what I am getting. This is far as one can go in the session.

fXzkAKn.jpg

Which gunner position are you trying to load into? Copilot gunner, or door gunners? Because copilot gunner is 2...and you arent pressing the right keys if you are using the number key pad on the right hand side of your keyboard. Also, make sure door gunners are actually loaded before trying to select them.

Which gunner position are you trying to load into? Copilot gunner, or door gunners?

Hi,

If you look/read the quote that the instructor is giving he is stating 3, but if you look at the side mounts there are no any weapons attached so me thinks that because there are no weapons the position is not available.

Edited by Timm

Open the mission in the editor and add door guns to the helicopter

Hi,

Thanks for that I will try it out. But surely if it's down as a Weapons Training Session these should be fitted already. OK Looks like the door option is not available as the only weapons available for the training are the rockets and the mini guns. So again this mission is incorrect and incomplete. Here are some shot of what weapon load out you are given, unless you can add the side guns which I have missed. I have tried in adding a new weapon load but with no joy.

Timm

kJtPw2s.jpg

k97048k.jpg

Edited by Timm

Maybe someone that knows about Lua editing can help you... there's probably a config or something you can change but that's not my area I'm afraid.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Hi,

All sorted. I made up a new weapon load and hey presto I got side guns/ Went into the Weapon Training mission and everything works fine. Timm

Zpiqy33.jpg

Edited by Timm
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

All good here. Having never messed with the mission editor, I was a bit confused how to edit the mission, but thanks to Timms screen shot I was able to figure it out.

Carry on.

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2