June 2014 Update

Wags

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Wait, did a bomb just go off in here?!

So much for trust, naiveté and good will...?

Or perhaps judgement should better be reserved until it is finally knwon what really happened.

I guess one has to say thanks to ED...?

With the backers section (beta) moving to the ED-homepage some time ago and the long delay this has to be something that didn´t just happen over night...

remember when almazi said that he is out of business and surprised by the fact, and that he had wished to finally fly a spitfire on dcs level of fidelity :)

i dont think it happened over night either...and yeah, for sure i did expect this.

i also think, that we have to thank ED to still keep to the inital plans!my guess is, that they have come up with a lot of money now, to make this still happen.

make this a success!thats good news!the delay was glaring obvious anyway.now we have the BOSS taking care of it at least.

remember when almazi said that he is out of business and surprised by the fact, and that he had wished to finally fly a spitfire on dcs level of fidelity :)

i dont think it happened over night either...and yeah, for sure i did expect this.

i also think, that we have to thank ED to still keep to the inital plans!my guess is, that they have come up with a lot of money now, to make this still happen.

make this a success!thats good news!the delay was glaring obvious anyway.now we have the BOSS taking care of it at least.

I remember that, yeah...

There is not just a reputation at stake here. Hard to say what kind of damage could be done if they didn´t take over, but it´s gotta cost them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I wonder this as well. It seems resources within ED will now have to be shuffled unless they pull in some members from RRG to continue to meet the deliverable. BUT there is VEAO!!

The question is, if only the project management is replaced and perhaps (the majority of) the old team will still work on this or if now the complete workload is shifted onto EDs devs and artists. I believe ED and RRG (and BST) used to "share" manpower on a "as needed" basis anyways.

I remember that, yeah...

There is not just a reputation at stake here. Hard to say what kind of damage could be done if they didn´t take over, but it´s gotta cost them.

I wonder what impact this might have on other, current and future 3rd party devs. I am not talking about their funding via KS or otherwise ... but about ED maybe becoming a bit more carefull and reluctant to allow others to potentially endanger the reputation of the DCS brand.

I wonder what impact this might have on other, current and future 3rd party devs. I am not talking about their funding via KS or otherwise ... but about ED maybe becoming a bit more carefull and reluctant to allow others to potentially endanger the reputation of the DCS brand.

As long as the current stable of "in-development-projects" (including the F-18C!) isn´t in any danger, we´ll have lots to play with. A lot can change until then, but your concerns are spot on.

BTW, does anyone like the screenshots and are those reflections on the BF-109 instruments real time? Probably not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Although I am not surprised at ED's honour and commitment to keep up the RRG promise with their community, I hope that they don't break their bank or go broke by having to cover for too many missteps. This happened before with Nevada for dcs:a-10 module, the debacle with Beczl and now the potential 150k kickstarter by RRG.

Just a reminder ED.... please don't go broke by trying to cover for other people's mistakes.

Also, I don't know the complete story, so I only hope ED has control over at least a major fraction of those kickstarter funds.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thanks for the infos.

I'm sad for Luthier but it was inevitable I guess.

Glad to hear that the project is in good hands. I hope for a sustainable future now, at least I will support the project further with my money if needed.

The screens look absolutely stunning. Can't wait to get my hands on.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the updates!

Cheers

There seems to be a lot of intrigue going on behind the scenes at the 3rd party devs. Wonder how this affects the alpha access we chipped in for? Will we be able to alpha test each aircraft or will we get access first when Normandy gets closer to release?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Okay, excellent news. Best possible outcome from this messy situation.

:thumbup:

MAC

Excellent and sad, especially for us who are waiting Hornet over ww2-line.

Hipefully ED can hire more ppl for this project and hornet wouldnt get pushed more to the future... Remember why DCS is as strong brand as it's nowdays, because of us jetheads supporting it. :joystick:

And about screenshots: indeed it looks like realtime reflection on gauges! Cant wait for 1.3.0 :thumbup:

Well I was afraid of something like this, but am so glad ED is picking up the ball and running with it to honor the commitments made by us backers.

As far as Luthier, I have no idea what has happened there nor do I have any care whatsoever.

Thanks ED for the honesty in communication and for stepping up to the plate.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wow, this is ... unexpected? Perhaps not really, but still ...

Tons of questions are atm going through my head, but I need to sort them out a bit myself before I can actually ask them, lol ...

But maybe this:

Is forseeable if and what impact this will have on your other projects, most importantly EDGE and the F/A-18?

Yes. Where does this leave the F-18?

Worrying times, lots of plans and no products released.

roll on Edge.

Thanks for the save, ED, and good luck.

It is worrisome indeed.

It's been a long time since we got new content, everything is delayed and cancelled.

How can ED cover EDGE, F-18 and all these WW2 planes?

What does this mean for DCS in general?

Excellent and sad, especially for us who are waiting Hornet over ww2-line.

Hipefully ED can hire more ppl for this project and hornet wouldnt get pushed more to the future... Remember why DCS is as strong brand as it's nowdays, because of us jetheads supporting it. joystick.gif

Yeah, I'd be a major shame if F-18C was delayed because of this, we've been waiting for a new modern jet since 2011 and now we're getting 8 or even 9 props in the next year alone and not even a word on the status of the Hornet.

Edited by Slipp
  • Like 1

Well, glad to hear some news again although I'm sad about the fact that there is one studio less now..

Btw, those screenshots look amazing!

Because there are some shared resources between projects (like cockpit systems programming), there will be some impact to our other projects. However, because much of the former RRG team is now employed by Eagle Dynamics, the impact on other Eagle projects will be minimal.

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Thanks for the update.

And thanks for ED and TFC to jumping into the main development.

It is sad, that the 2nd. founded Kickstarter Project got some/same problems on the way to the finish line!

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Hipefully ED can hire more ppl for this project and hornet wouldnt get pushed more to the future... Remember why DCS is as strong brand as it's nowdays, because of us jetheads supporting it. :joystick:

I'm pretty sure with the addition of propeller heads much, much fatter wallet, them extra moolah will come in handy for the jet heads one way or another.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Wags, Thanks for the update.

Can't say I'm surprised by the news but it is disappointing. We probably can only speculate as to the reason RRG "folded". I'm again reminded of the CloD situation.

Anyhow, let's move on. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Thank you ED.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I made my happiness known in an earlier post.

I would just like to add though that I hope that Luthier and his team or whoever he was working with are not somehow caught up in the unrest areas in Europe, I wish ill on no man.

I am very glad that ED have picked up the reigns though.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||