June 2014 Update

Wags

That is pure speculation.

Indeed. You still must appreciate the offering being pristene, undiluted and untarnished by actual knowledge of the situation.

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for a day and came back to 20+ pages of this. To be honest, this doesn't come as a big surprise at all, as I think many of us had sensed something had gone pear shaped with this project a while back.

First of all though, I want to send a huge thank you to ED and team for coming to the rescue on this and providing the communication they have so far.

I'm not a huge WWII fan, so I funded this KS project on the basis of:

1. It supports the DCS enterprise as a whole (I would never want to see this fail).

2. ED were partners with RRG on this, so to my mind it brought that level of professionalism and level of detail that we all love about DCS (Hence the first time I have backed something via crowd funding).

3. With a whole suite of aircraft and a period EDGE map being delivered as part of the project (with more content likely to follow) I thought I might actually get into the WWII scene a bit more.

Poor SiTh!! Having just read 20+ pages of this it looks like you got thrown under the RRG bus. Reminds me of the Blues Brothers behind the chicken wire fence at the first gig they did at the "Country & Western" pub.

I do have one question though please SiTh: As you stated, work has been continuing on this project all along; and as Matt stated, most of the old RRG team has been picked up by ED. Therefore I don't understand why final delivery of this project has been delayed by 8 months! The initial project was planned for just under a year: funded 6 Oct 13 - delivery Sep 2014 (from KS). Now we will not see the map until May 2015 (at this stage) and unknown as to when the 262 will see the light of day. Why such a long delay if work has still being ongoing all this time and existing RRG staff have been picked up? An additional eight months on top of a <12 month project seems excessive? Thanks.

• ED Team

Not sure what you mean Phantom, I never have been working with or talking to RRG, I was just a backer like you guys in that respect. So, I am not under any buses. :) As for the comments I made about work continuing, its the truth, I was able to see certain aspects progressing, not to mention I talk a lot with Yo-Yo and I do a portion of the research, I have helped out with a number of the WWII aircraft so far, research wise. So I saw the stress levels rising in the backers section, and thought I would share that in the hopes it would calm some nerves, of course I didnt know this would all happen as it did :)

I really cant comment on the timeline, but in my own very personal opinion, and nothing official about this, I think the timeline that Luthier originally went with was going to be difficult to make, I was assuming/hoping there was more done that we couldnt see or didnt know about, but by Wag's timeline now, I am assuming there probably isnt/wasn't a ton beyond what we have seen. Again, this is all my personal opinion, I know nothing of the finer details of what happened between ED and RRG.

I do like your analogy though...

4851086_std.jpg

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

SiTh 'Joliet Jake' SpAwN

Yes, I like it. :thumbup:

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply SiTh.

My comment about you being thrown under the RRG bus related to you having to field the last 20+ pages of people venting (understandably) and asking a bunch of questions. Not tying you to RRG in any way, other than being a backer like the rest of us.

Thanks also for your "personal thoughts" on the timeline. I guess that's pretty much what I was suspecting by way of reasonable deduction.

DCS WWII - something to look forward to In the future then. Roll on Hawk, Mig 21 and EDGE!!

• ED Team
Thanks for your reply SiTh.

My comment about you being thrown under the RRG bus related to you having to field the last 20+ pages of people venting (understandably) and asking a bunch of questions. Not tying you to RRG in any way, other than being a backer like the rest of us.

Thanks also for your "personal thoughts" on the timeline. I guess that's pretty much what I was suspecting by way of reasonable deduction.

DCS WWII - something to look forward to In the future then. Roll on Hawk, Mig 21 and EDGE!!

Dont forget the 190, she is a beauty :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

thank you Wags for another update!!

yeah, personally i would agree if we were talking about the short nosed radial variants.but this long nose Dora doesnt appeal to me from the looks of it.still i cant wait to fly it!and cant wait to see the "leaked" video...

thank you Wags for another update!!

yeah, personally i would agree if we were talking about the short nosed radial variants.but this long nose Dora doesnt appeal to me from the looks of it.still i cant wait to fly it!and cant wait to see the "leaked" video...

Do you want to talk about the A5 version of the FW 190 david ?the version wich was in luthier wish list ?:dunno:

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

There is also flanker pfm coming. Personally that is my most sought after update.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

HA! Finally somebody made a right decision and got rid of Luthier. What a waste of time he was! Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed and wish best of luck to the team. Hope to see you in the virtual sky. Please keep updates comming even the smallest ones.

I feel a lot more comfortable that the funds have been used to develop the project. I hope this doesn't prove a financial burden on ED but they seem to run their business in a professional manner. I would be prepared to make further donations toward the project if it was decided that was an option. Alternatively could another kickstarter be contemplated for people who may have missed the first one?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I think it would not benefit ED to be involved in any crowd funding campaigns for a long while, at minimum.

I think ED themselves would have a lot of support if they ever needed it. This one probably isn't ideal for them but I suspect it will end well now... I would actually up my pledge now ED is in command if they required it.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I think ED themselves would have a lot of support if they ever needed it. This one probably isn't ideal for them but I suspect it will end well now... I would actually up my pledge now ED is in command if they required it.

Same here:thumbup:

+1

I've certainly had a disproportionate amount of fun with their products versus the money I've provided them with.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

HA! Finally somebody made a right decision and got rid of Luthier. What a waste of time he was! Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed and wish best of luck to the team. Hope to see you in the virtual sky. Please keep updates comming even the smallest ones.

First off WE don't know the circumstances of Luthiers Departure.

As for Luthier being a "waste of time" !... I would have agreed with you 3 years ago when I was "Frustrated" with the state CLOD was released.

Look at CLOD today. It is (IMHO) the best WW2 Sim available in 2014.

Thanks to TF ~S~...Show me any Sim that depicts the BOB like CLOD does ?

It was Luthiers Creation (unfinished).

Next, Luthier was at it again. DCS WW2 and KS were announced !..I Pledged straight away.

I am not really surprised by this announcement. I am not worried about "Where my $ have gone"...Luthier is bit like some of the famous artists with "incredible talent" that we all know from history.They never got to see their "Creation" succeed.

Is Luthier a good Buissness man ? NO....A "waste of time " for the Flight Sim Community....NO.

Again, someone has to finish what Luthier started !..And they were probably left with a "Mess"....Its up to us Simmers to tell the "incumbants' that we will financially support them in cleaning up the mess and delivering "luthiers" passion to our Screens.

Footnote...Every SIM that Dies is a Nail in the Whole "Simming Communities Coffin". ~S~

• Like 2

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

+1

I've certainly had a disproportionate amount of fun with their products versus the money I've provided them with.

Very true! The only other games that provide such great value in terms of gameplay and longevity come from Bethesda and maybe Valve. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

First off WE don't know the circumstances of Luthiers Departure.

As for Luthier being a "waste of time" !... I would have agreed with you 3 years ago when I was "Frustrated" with the state CLOD was released.

Look at CLOD today. It is (IMHO) the best WW2 Sim available in 2014.

Thanks to TF ~S~...Show me any Sim that depicts the BOB like CLOD does ?

It was Luthiers Creation (unfinished).

Next, Luthier was at it again. DCS WW2 and KS were announced !..I Pledged straight away.

I am not really surprised by this announcement. I am not worried about "Where my $ have gone"...Luthier is bit like some of the famous artists with "incredible talent" that we all know from history.They never got to see their "Creation" succeed.

Is Luthier a good Buissness man ? NO....A "waste of time " for the Flight Sim Community....NO.

Again, someone has to finish what Luthier started !..And they were probably left with a "Mess"....Its up to us Simmers to tell the "incumbants' that we will financially support them in cleaning up the mess and delivering "luthiers" passion to our Screens.

Footnote...Every SIM that Dies is a Nail in the Whole "Simming Communities Coffin". ~S~

Well said :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This, by all means. I want this project to succeed, and I do hope the ME262 isn't being put on hiatus because of this.

The project is in good hands. It will take longer to finish than we hoped, but with ED at the helm, I'm not worried at all.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Im confident that when people see how good this sim is upon release it will make ED a nice profit, of course I don't know that but I think this will be right up there with the greatest flight sims.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Agree with Jaydee. Whatever Luthier's faults may be, he stepped up got DCS WWII rolling. He had the balls to initiate a high risk project and follow his passion. ED now has to bear the burden of that risk but we the customer will soon have yet another amazing WWII air combat sim!

It may look bad on the surface, but remember without Oleg and Ilya there would be no Cliffs of Dover 3.12 and certainly no DCS Europe 1944!

My sincere thanks to ED for deciding to see this project through. This really is the best outcome we could have hoped for!

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1