Op Joint Warrior

FLANKERATOR

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down for Mig21 please:)

MiG21? You'll be among your squadmates, flying an Su-27 out of Anapa mate.

Count me in.

Thx again Flankerator!

Confirmed, thanks mate!

I guess I can be GCI (aka Leprechaun) again. lol Maverick is more active now and can fly. To be confirmed! :thumbup:

Sure, standing by til you sort it out guys.

We also wiped DCS and reinstalled it from scratch on our server since the previous event.

Great Soviet, than you!

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

This sounds like a shitload of fun, I'm still too new to DCS/sims to sign up for the wait list (read: I suck) but once I am up to speed I'd love to get in on something like this in the future.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This sounds like a shitload of fun, I'm still too new to DCS/sims to sign up for the wait list (read: I suck) but once I am up to speed I'd love to get in on something like this in the future.

Anytime mate. Sooner or later, you'll have to go through your baptism of fire :)

Many seasoned and veteran pilots will be out for blood on this one, I'd suggest that you grab the post-battle ACMI once available and dip into that.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Anytime mate. Sooner or later, you'll have to go through your baptism of fire :)

Many seasoned and veteran pilots will be out of blood on this one, I'd suggest that you grab the post-battle ACMI once available and dip into that.

Absolutely, I got this thread bookmarked and I will keep an eye out for the ACMI. Maybe there will be some YT videos that come out of it too, I love watching how the guys interact with each other -- it helps me pick up on things and learn faster. Cheers.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Confirming Su-25T.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Not a fan of the frog.sry Guys if you need to replace me and take a 3rd frog let me know..I understand the Hog would slow you dwn..

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hi Flanker!

How did I miss this thread? :doh:

I can confirm I ll be there!!

373vFS_TaliG

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

23/06/2014 Update

Dear pilots,

Thank you all for confirming your participation.

As mentioned initially, we said that we wont go for more than 24 pilots for server stability reasons, though we ended up with 28 pilots in for this Saturday. We want everyone in the party, but at the same time, we would like to avoid going above the stability threshold that we set initially. Therefore, we have decided to run 2 back-to-back battles of 7vs7 each on Saturday, then winning teams will face each other on Sunday.

We believe this is the best solution to give everyone a chance to fly Op Joint Warrior in a hopefully smooth environment.

Aircraft allocation above is not relevant anymore so anyone can choose a different jet according to the needs of the team.

We will have 4 teams of 7 pilots each. Possible configurations (up to the team to decide) are 6 fighters + 1 striker OR 5 fighters + 2 strikers.

Remember guys that this is not a death match, it's a tactical mission and the objective is to STRIKE the primary enemy airfield (Red Gudauta and Blue Sukhumi).

The point system has been revised to reflect that and according to real unit cost:

• AWACS = 150pts
  • Battleship = 100pts
  • Tanker aircraft = 60pts
  • Fighter = 50pts
  • Striker = 25pts
  • S-300/Patriot = 80pts (for the whole battery)
  • Tor/Hawk = 40pts
  • Strela-10/Shilka = 6pts
  • Other vehicles and stationary targets = 1pt
  • A 100% bonus of the SAM value if at Gudauta/Sukhumi

We will try to make squadron members fly together as a team as much as possible, so here is our suggestion:

Team 1

DanielNL - Kunz - =36=Gaanalma - 373vFS_TaliG - 373vFS_Greg - 373vFS_Chrico - 373vFS SPANKER

373vFS_Crash (Reserve)

Team 2

- 104cdt_Blaze - 104th_RIPTIDE - 104th_Maverick - 104th_Spade - =2IAE=FahhhBG - TurboRUSH - Slowhand

Team 3

=UVAF=Backfire - =UVAF=ALexfly - =UVAF=GregOzby - =UVAF=Voka - =UVAF=Recoba - =UVAF=MAD_MAX - =UVAF=Peter

Team 4

<51>Breakshot, <51>Frostie, <51>Teknetinium, <51>X-man, <51>Soviet - <51>Rage - <51>Camper -

<51>Shaman (Reserve)

Note:

• Squadrons wishing to position their pilots differently can request so.
  • Pilots agreeing on swapping their positions can request so.

Team roster changelog

• Upon 51st request: Shaman and ralfidude moved to Team 1, Camper and Rage moved to team 4.
  • Upon 51st request: Shaman moved back to team 4, one 51st pilot will be on reserve - 1 free slot available in team 1 for people on the wait list (373rd SPANKER contacted)
  • Ralfidude withdrew on 26.06.14 - 1 free slot available in Team 1 (ECV56 and 71st squadron contacted)
  • Moved 373rd from T2 to T1 to join Spanker who replaced Ralfi in exchange of Slowhand and TurboRUSH.
  • Crash from 373rd put on reserve for Team 1.

SCHEDULE & RULES

Saturday 28 June at 1830z: Pre-flight general gathering (TeamSpeak: 51st.hopto.org)

Saturday 28 June at 1900z: Team 1 vs Team 2 (104th server)

Saturday 28 June at 1930z: Team 3 vs Team 4 (51st Server)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 29 June at 1900z: Final battle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Each battle maximum duration is 3 hours after which the team with the highest score will be declared winner.
  • If draw, the team with more survivors, having inflicted more damage to primary target win.
  • Battle will stop if all anti-air defenses are wiped out at primary target.
  • Play hard, play fair and most of all have fun!

To all pilots standing by in the wait list:

Please feel free to drop by on Saturday in case of a last minute no show. We would have included everyone if it was possible stability-wise. Also, please subscribe to sa-sim.com to be notified on time about upcoming events. Thank you all for your interest.

Edited by FLANKERATOR
  • Like 1

Pretty solid improvisation there, having a little 4 team playoff format should be fun as hell for everyone involved. I'll be at an airshow having a heat stroke all weekend but I will have to check the results when I get back home Sunday night. Good luck gents.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Pretty solid improvisation there, having a little 4 team playoff format should be fun as hell for everyone involved. I'll be at an airshow having a heat stroke all weekend but I will have to check the results when I get back home Sunday night. Good luck gents.

Enjoy the air-show mate, I've been to Dubai's few month back, just frigging awesome!

Hello Flankerator,

Under Schedules & Rules, you have dates listed as 28 July & 29 July. I assume you meant this weekend and hence it should be 28 June & 29 June.

Regards,

TR

Good call mate, thanks! a lot on my plate lately, it starts showing tongue.gif