What music do you listen to when you fly?

guitarxe

the RWR going bleep bleeep bleeep... tick tick tick... bleep bleeep bleep.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

When I pick something out, it is often something from this band, with this track being a favorite.

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When I pick something out, it is often something from this band, with this track being a favorite.

:)

You sing along? :D

For me and for now I am stuck with Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot. Next week it could be The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, STP etc.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Lately, as I ply the skies (and wind up taking multiple dirtnaps when I change aircraft and the keyboard suddenly refuses to recognize that, yes, I am in silly game control mode, and yes, all of the keys are configured so nooooo, why am I stuck in a diving turn and can only turn INTO the ground?) I've been revisiting a lot of ambient stuff I used to use a lot.

The latest cycle has been all of my ASURA tracks, most prominently, Galaxies Part Two and Simply Blue (to which I wrote a short story a year or two back). Though those two are my favorite out of all of ASURA's tracks, the most fitting one possible for DCS, or any flight sim where you can take a break and just wander, would be Everlasting. The build up, culminating somewhere around 1:41, is absolutely wonderful for ambience as you pop up from within the clouds.

Also commonly have music I've seen that others put to their flight sim videos, whether or not they're actually listening to it. (Like Groove Addicts - Fire and Ice, in the VFAT 2011 promo iirc)

Other times I just slap up Ralfi's Alley and try not to laugh myself into the ground, always amusing. (He's also the one that got me back into simming after Fighter Ace was shut down and I'd loooong since forgotten how to play Aces High II on the keyboard without sucking. Well, him and my one-armed buddy who made a joke that him, another friend and myself should all get DCS: A-10C because it had a 600 page manual and had graphics that (at the time) would have caused his computer to shoot itself in the face. We also made a bet that I'd be flying circles around them while they were still halfway through the manual. It's been about two years since we all got it, but luckily for me I'm still in the lead because they're too lazy to install it!)

It's also funny to fly to totally unfitting music, like, say, random pirate music.

Legion General Third Class Ocean Seven

~ Overseer of 753. Luft-und Raumfahrttechnik Maschinenbau-Gruppe (753rd Aerospace Engineering Division) [Even has a Wiki!]

~ Acting Commander of Erde-verteidigung Kampfgruppe, Siebtel Luftweltraummarine Geschwader (Global Defense Army, 7th Aerospace Marines)

I write a lot of science fiction, primarily combat based, and though I design machines of war for all theaters of combat, I focus on the aerospace navy and air force!

I thought everyone was like "Hiiiighwaay too the danger zone!!!"

If I listen to stuff like that while trying to fly the Huey, bad things happen! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmmm.... really depends on the situation.

Normally no music at all. It distracts me.

If I am flying around for fun, then sometimes I listen to random music I like.

Mostly Bluegrass, preferably instrumental songs.

And one time I was flying a Huey and I put on "run through the jungle" by CCR. It didn't go well. Although knowing myself I guess it was just because I am a bad heli pilot, not because of the music. :)

Queen - One Vision.

That's on my Falcon 4 playlist..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs