Kickstarter Physical Extras

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ $250 it's 2 copies of the release, plus the $80 level. Within that $80 level is a copy of all flyable aircraft. My post above are direct copies (with added periods) from the kick starter page.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

• ED Team
@ $250 it's 2 copies of the release, plus the $80 level. Within that $80 level is a copy of all flyable aircraft. My post above are direct copies (with added periods) from the kick starter page.

I dont know what Ilya was thinking to be totally honest, now that I read it again, it certainly sounds like 3 copies of al.... This is my own opinion and not EDs, but look for them not to give away so much... I dont think any company could afford that... yikes...

Anyways... this thread was about the physical stuff, not so much about the actual modules and such...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

At this point I don't even care about Beta Access if its going to cause ED any huge problems. ED could of just finished the FW190 and dropped the rest but they have decided to try to finish the project. Just give me the planes we were promised when they're finished and I'll be happy.

At this point I don't even care about Beta Access if its going to cause ED any huge problems. ED could of just finished the FW190 and dropped the rest but they have decided to try to finish the project. Just give me the planes we were promised when they're finished and I'll be happy.

This is my take as well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Fx-8350 | ASUS M5A99X EVO | EVGA 1050G PS | Corsair Force 3 240GSSD

Samsung 840 EVO 500G SSD | 32G Corsair Vengance DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 7200RPMHD

WD 2TB 7200 RPMHD XFX DD FX-HD 7870 2GB DDR5 | SB Xi-Fi APU | W7 U | TIR3

MSFFB2 | Saitek X-52|SaitekPro Pedals | Logitech Z-640 5.1 | ASUS VE248 24" LCD

I dont know what Ilya was thinking to be totally honest, now that I read it again, it certainly sounds like 3 copies of al....

He may be many things but not a good businessman considering this..

Anyway, my pledge was $185 which includes two licenses of P-51D (both which I received and donated already since I have it from earlier time) and two licenses of FW-190D.

Also if "all" aircraft in that level includes also FW-190D that would be three licenses for it.. :doh:

The wording and many hastily added levels of backing have made it a mess to know what is included and what is not.. Especially if there are $50 levels that include all aircraft (usually $40 a piece) it is hard to decipher what the "levels" are anymore.

Anyway, as I've mentioned elsewhere the physical extras aren't that important to me, the planes with PDF manual will do fine thankyouverymuch :D

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

That majority is going to rule in this... ED is going to do the best they can to make sure people are satisfied with the outcome.

Hi SithSpawn. I have to be honest and say I don't feel comfortable with the line "That majority is going to rule in this".

When I originally backed the project there were various backer options offered . Going by the line I quoted, I wouldn't have expected to choose rewards in the original phase and then hear that I couldn't have them because the majority of backers had chosen something else.

As with most Kickstarter schemes nothing is guaranteed but I would hope that those of us who chose a Physical item could be offered something of equal value?

I have to be honest, I was looking forward to a printed manual because I like to have a book open while using the computer, rather than closing windows, opening windows, etc, etc to read a .pdf, I also think it says 'quality'about a product having a printed manual (I remember the days of European Airwar...what a manual that was!)

I would really prefer to have a printed manual, especially as I paid an extra $12 for delivery outside of the US, but if Manual's can't be provided as a printed option I think offering a .pdf of each one AND credit for the DCS shop would be a fair compromise. I personally have a few friends I would like to give the chance of flying DCS P-51 and so being able to gift a key to them would be great, but also maybe entice them into buying DCS WWII Europe when it is released.

Below is what I backed at and the rewards I chose after the backers section was opened.

-------------------------

ALPHA Tier 4. Everything at the $50 ORIGINAL level, plus a digital copy of DCS World FW-190D-9 with beta access (when available in early 2014), and a digital copy of DCS World P-51D Mustang (on successful kickstarter completion), plus ALPHA ACCESS.

Original $50 = Everything at the $40 level, plus a spiral-bound copy of a complete aircraft manual for the plane of your choice.

Everything at the $10 level, plus a digital copy of all flyable aircraft in the game (this will grow with the stretch goals and possibly end up offering a huge value!)

Everything at the previous level, plus early access to the game’s closed beta.

-------------------------

After I had chosen these we got an update where we could change the backer rewards and I did just that:

Your Selected Rewards

Reward Status

1. Alpha Access Accepted

2. Plane manual - P-47 Accepted

3. Plane Manual - P-51 Accepted

4. DCS World FW.190 Accepted

Selected Rewards: 4 / 4

So as you can see, I really was hoping for the printed manuals in my rewards.

Digital rewards arent really an issue, its the physical ones that we are discussing.

I don't mean to be contrary but it has to be about all the rewards rather than just the physical ones? In one of your previous posts you mentioned that you don't see Alpha access happening with ED but maybe a closed Beta.

If you look at my chosen rewards, that is now 3 of the 4 rewards I chose effectively lost.

My personal difficulty here is that people who pledged considerably less than me will be effectively getting everything that I did, for at-least $80 less. Now, I'm glad that many of the posters in this forum are happy to waive this money as a gift to ED, but this isn't about charity and gifts, it's about rewarding those who invested in this project to help fund it. It's about Backer rewards that were promised and now may not be deliverable.

Now while I appreciate this isn't ED's fault, sadly it's also not mine.

So here's my proposal. I'll agree to give up my rewards (except keys to the flyable aircraft I am entitled to) if someone at ED would please remove the twin antenna and replace it with a single one on the P-51 fuselage. Remove the aerial under the cowling and remove the squiggly aerial embedded in the tail.

Then we'll have a WW2 P-51 :)

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Cheers, MP

PS. Yes I was serious about the P-51 aerials...dear god, please correct them for DCS WW2

• ED Team
Hi SithSpawn. I have to be honest and say I don't feel comfortable with the line "That majority is going to rule in this".

I think ED is reviewing everything now to see what they can realistically do. We will just have to see what they come up with, as they said, they will do their best to make things right.

So here's my proposal. I'll agree to give up my rewards (except keys to the flyable aircraft I am entitled to) if someone at ED would please remove the twin antenna and replace it with a single one on the P-51 fuselage. Remove the aerial under the cowling and remove the squiggly aerial embedded in the tail.

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Cheers, MP

PS. Yes I was serious about the P-51 aerials...dear god, please correct them for DCS WW2

I will put in a feature request, but at this point I dont think anyone knows how these things will be handled for DCS WWII. I understand your concerns with it though.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

...So here's my proposal. I'll agree to give up my rewards (except keys to the flyable aircraft I am entitled to) if someone at ED would please remove the twin antenna and replace it with a single one on the P-51 fuselage. Remove the aerial under the cowling and remove the squiggly aerial embedded in the tail.

PLEASE!!!!!!!

Cheers, MP

Actually those twin aerials on the tail and the "squiggly" (AN/APS-13) rear warning antenna were seen on P-51Ds during WWII. However, I don't think the twin AN/ARA-8 (navigational homing) antennas were seen in Europe. Only in the Pacific, due to the long expanses of water.

Edited by Merlin-27
Spelling Error

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I care a lot about the physical individual a/c manuals (exclude the "strategy manual", I know how to retain energy etc), but I don't need a T-Shirt, posters or anything else :)

I even want to incease my pledge, respectively be able buy the other manuals not included in my pledge (which contains just 3 manuals max.) when this project is done.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

With my $500 pledge I qualified for the 6 flyables X2 as well as 6 manuals for each, a strategy manual , and the T shirt.

The T shirt is no big deal. The manuals would be nice but a pdf would be fine with me. At the present time I feel that resources should be devoted to the game and the manuals can be issued later.

I am cool with the fly-ables and pdf manuals. I did many things in my life and got t-shirts and such. Really don't need more.

Too bad you could not just send out mass e-mails and ask. Given the risk of all kick starters I am sure most people would appreciate this one wound up with a fail safe.

ED go on with your bad selves !!!!

After further reviews , I realized I get 6 free fly ables at the pledge I made which amounts to $30 . per plane . How about we call it a down payment and just give me half off on the modules as they come out. I could live with that.( I think)

Edited by algerad3
read more details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

I'd take DCS store credit as an alternative to my 3 printed manuals, if we were able to get the pdfs.

This for me too.

I really wanted those hard copy manuals however. Was so looking forward to it.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

Printed Manual would be amazing..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

PDF manuals would be fine with me. Not interested in a tactics manual. What I really wanted out of the kickstarter was a WWII map and the planes. I already owned the P-51. It just feels wrong flying it in the black sea map.