the GPU clock of 280X is locked to 300MHz, hoping for solution

The GPU clock of my 280X is unreasonablely locked to 300MHz. It can only reach 1GHz which is supposed to be at the first 10 minutes when i turn on my PC.

When i start playing the game, instead of getting a higher GPU clock, it's getting down to 300MHz and never change again. I've install the catalyst 14.4 and 14.6 for several times and the problem remains.

The unbelievable low GPU clock cause a high GPU utility rate and low FPS in games. Anyone can help me?

Did you check it with something like open hardware monitor, which logs your performance, GPUs these days have dynamic clock adjustment, that means it quickly goes back to 300Mhz when you lift the load, this happens when you e.g. alt-tab out from DCS, as soon as it is not displayed on the screen it is not processing anymore and goes down to 300.

I am sure that is the case othervise you would not have anything in any game apart from 5fps slideshow.

TrailBlazer

Did you check it with something like open hardware monitor, which logs your performance, GPUs these days have dynamic clock adjustment, that means it quickly goes back to 300Mhz when you lift the load, this happens when you e.g. alt-tab out from DCS, as soon as it is not displayed on the screen it is not processing anymore and goes down to 300.

I am sure that is the case othervise you would not have anything in any game apart from 5fps slideshow.

It's not something like that. No matter what i do, the clock never went up. I've already checked its history on GPU-Z, there isn't even 1Hz up and keep on 300MHz what ever i do.

If you use the render test function in GPU-Z does it ramp up?

Oh, and what type of card, OS, etc...

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip