Is there a problem with OSA 9A33??

Folks:

I set up a mission (with the FBP and 1.12a) having an Su-25T going up against a lone OSA-9A33 SAM unit.

Here's the problem: the OSA launches its SAM salvo as one would expect once I get into range, but each one of the six SAM's that gets launched travel a few metres above the launcher and explode (or self detonate) for no reason. None of the launched SAM's ever make it near my plane. I do not turn on ECM or launch any chaff/flares.

Anybody know what's going on here??

Cheers,

Greco

I have noticed that if you fly within radar detection of a SAM, such as a SA-8 it will launch. When you hid behind terrain the missile will self destruct. Kinda seems kinda oke to me as it c(sh)ould be in RL?.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I wonder of those having problems with SAMS if they fresh installed FC and then patched to 1.12a or if they patched over 1.11 and FC?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I posted this reply in the BUGS Section as well.................

OK, here's what I found is happening. If I assign just one waypoint to the OSA (for example Waypoint 0), then everything functions fine: the OSA launches and there is no early detonation of the SAM's. If I assign more than one waypoint to the OSA (for example, the FBP assigns two waypoints by default, WAYPOINT 0 and WAYPOINT 1), then the SAM's behave as per my original post: they launch, travel a few meters away from the launcher and detonate. This early detonation of the SAMS happens even if I set the speed to zero between the waypoints (ie the OSA is stationary)!!

Bottom line is this: give your OSA only one waypoint and it'll function properly. Expect wierd behaviour if you assign more than one waypoint to your OSA.

Good info. Is this a mission made from a previous build or made with 1.12a?

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I understand but was the mission made fresh with 1.12a or made from 1.12 or 1.11 or any previous build?

Dusty Rhodes

I saw this too. I had a big column traveling on the road and I can see sometimes when they fire at my Su 25T that the rockets explode rapidly after launch. In the column are 2 Strela and 2 Tunguska.

Mission was build in 1.12a and no fresh install :icon_evil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wow, thanks for that analytical observations. Finally, a Bug!! :horseback

But we have to admit, that FC only seems to have minor bugs, that are hard to uncover, which is a good sign. :icon_excl

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Dusty,

All missions were set up using 1.12a. All observations (obviously) were made on 1.12a.

Missile Effectiveness slider was set at default position of 50%

(As an aside, I did the exact same test using version 1.1 to build the mission and observe it and found that the number of waypoints did not affect SAM performance. So, obviously, something was changed in 1.12a to cause this dependancy of SAM behaviour on the number of waypoints.)

Cheers,

Greco

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I wonder of those having problems with SAMS if they fresh installed FC and then patched to 1.12a or if they patched over 1.11 and FC?

"For the love of simming", give it up already; patching is obviously not an issue.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Missiles exploding quickly after launch seems to be fairly common in my experience, from a variety of launch systems on all sides. I've not bothered being scientific in my observations though. If I kept a record of everything weird that happened in LOMAC I'd never do any flying ;-)

Andrew McP