A-10 training missions

Joni

Hi, Im seriously considering getting the A-10C module and I was wondering if it includes training missions in game or am I going to be forced to look online all the time?

Thank you!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Hi, Im seriously considering getting the A-10C module and I was wondering if it includes training missions in game or am I going to be forced to look online all the time?

Thank you!

Yes. Though I highly recommend using the training missions combined with YouTube to get the best results.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi thanks.

Im a real life civil pilot so I only need some specific systems introduction since all concepts are within my mind right now :P

I think if it has training in game i'm all done

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Im a real life civil pilot so I only need some specific systems introduction since all concepts are within my mind right now :P

I think if it has training in game i'm all done

Really? I thought CCIP (among others) wasn't such a common concept in civil aviation? Let alone HOTAS, SOI and SPI... :music_whistling: :D

But seriously, the included training missions do a pretty good job of introducing the aircraft and its most important systems, but that's really just an introduction. The A-10C is a pretty complex aircraft. Flying it is the easy part, fighting in it (efficiently) will probably take you a little while longer... :thumbup:

Edited by Yurgon
Typo

When you load A-10C and go to training in the options you will need to download them. There is a tag that lets you do this on the training page.

Are you sure about that? I don't recall ever having to download any of the A-10C trainings.

For some of the other modules that's indeed the case, but for A-10C they come pre-installed AFAIK.

Yeah, pretty sure they're there from the start.

As someone who considered the A-10C to be aggressively complex before learning it (reason I did was because I bought FC3 and got bored of the limited capabilities of the under developed A-10A), I can honestly say that the tutorials along with YT tutorials help you learn it well, and after a while all of the lessons and tutorials melt into one, and you can use the A-10C like no other plane in DCS.

I'm a noob as well. And yes, there are training modules. IMHO, they could be alot better, but still good enough to get you started. I am not a real pilot and havent tried a sim since I was a teenager, so the learning curve to me is steep but fun. Good luck.

The A-10c is probably the most interesting and complex module for DCS. As others have said, it's easy to fly but the systems and avionics take some time to master and you'll find there's always more to learn.

The basic training missions are fine to get you started and include everything you need to know to get in the air and start deploying weapons. They are by no means exhaustive though.

While it's tedious, I strongly recommend going over the manual. Many things will make more sense once you're familiar with certain elements in game, so it pays to look through it again from time to time.

Many youtube tutorials are excellent and will help fill the gaps left by the training missions, as well as present the dryer parts from the manual in much more intuitive ways.

Also, the Flight Qualification Campaigns by Sabre-TLA are great for testing your knowledge. While they're not training missions strictly speaking, they show you what you need to know and highlight gaps in training. You can use the practice missions to learn the subject matter and look up anything you don't know.

Link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62992

For specific questions you can also just search the forums. The vast majority will already have been answered.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat