OSA 9M33 Bug in 1.12a??

Greco

Folks:

I set up a mission (with the FBP and 1.12a) having an Su-25T going up against a lone OSA-9A33 SAM unit.

Here's the problem: the OSA launches its SAM salvo as one would expect once I get into range, but each one of the six SAM's that gets launched travel a few metres above the launcher and explode (or self detonate) for no reason. None of the launched SAM's ever make it near my plane. I do not turn on ECM or launch any chaff/flares.

Repeating this exact same scenario in Version 1.1 had the OSA seemed to work fine during each test run, launching its salvo without the early detonation.

Anybody know what's going on in with the OSA in 1.12a??

Cheers,

Greco

Just tried it, seemed OK. I tried the 25 and 25T and also switched sides from Ukraine to Russia.

I got consistent launches (6 I think) and just spoofed them by ducking low after they launched.

See if you haven't placed the Osa in a cluttered area.

OK, here's what I found is happening. If I assign just one waypoint to the OSA (for example Waypoint 0), then everything functions fine: the OSA launches and there is no early detonation of the SAM's. If I assign more than one waypoint to the OSA (for example, the FBP assigns two waypoints by default, WAYPOINT 0 and WAYPOINT 1), then the SAM's behave as per my original post: they launch, travel a few meters away from the launcher and detonate. This early detonation of the SAMS happens even if I set the speed to zero between the waypoints (ie the OSA is stationary)!!

Bottom line is this: give your OSA only one waypoint and it'll function properly. Expect wierd behaviour if you assign your OSA more than one waypoint.