collective inputs too sensitive

Using Flight links controllers. Please see specs on my Bio.

Having difficulty controlling altitudes, particularly during hover. Seems that millimeters of collective adjustments generate large changes in torque/altitude.

In game axis tuning doesn't allow for reducing sensitivity without changing end points of collective input. The controllers run off Windows game controller which defers any adjustments to game.

Might be issue inherent with collective device itself in which case ill just have to get use to it.

Any thoughts on this much appreciated.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I have noticed a similar sudden spike in collective (35-50 psi Torque)as well previously ( 1 week ago ) no sudden spike was present not sure whats going on..

I am using the X-55 (no curves ..Slider/invert checked) ...and before last week power management was excellent..

Same settings. Was thinkin that it's just the build of my collective.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 3 weeks later...

Chic

I had the same problem with the throttle I was using for my collective. To solve the problem I clicked 'User Curve' and made manual adjustments. The numbers I'm using are as follows....

(0, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 75)

Now those numbers work for me and are a good starting point, but you have to find what works for you.

As far as the effect those numbers have for me when I move the collective I get an initial jump on the torque gauge to about 17%, but from then on the amount goes up slowly giving me very fine control. I can just about choose any altitude in a hover and maintain it.

Thanks DeJohn,

Have had some recent success with custom Saturation Curve.

Can't take credit, cuz i found it on a forum, cant remember where.

0, 13, 25, 37, 45, 50, 55, 63, 75, 87, 100.

Use SLIDER mode. Shouldn't get that initial torque bump.

Big improvement on my end. May still tweak settings to see if can get any better.

good luck

JUST CHOPPERS

• 4 weeks later...

collective sensitivity

Fellow simmers:

I to have a problem with the collective . Ihave a CH throttle pro and it works fine with all the other planes in DCS including the MI8mtv. I have full throttle on the control indicator on all but the HUEY,on the HUEy I dont have any lift until about 3/4 the way up the indicator. I really only have the upper 1/4 of the indiactor to control the HUEY .Ihave reinstalled the mod tried every thing with the controllers but no joy .Ireally think it must be in the sim it self. Iam about to give it up.But I really do like the HUEY.

Regards OLEKROW

Fellow simmers:

I to have a problem with the collective . Ihave a CH throttle pro and it works fine with all the other planes in DCS including the MI8mtv. I have full throttle on the control indicator on all but the HUEY,on the HUEy I dont have any lift until about 3/4 the way up the indicator. I really only have the upper 1/4 of the indiactor to control the HUEY .Ihave reinstalled the mod tried every thing with the controllers but no joy .Ireally think it must be in the sim it self. Iam about to give it up.But I really do like the HUEY.

Regards OLEKROW

Look in your axis tune settings for the Huey. Try changing it to slider if it isn't already, or turn off slider if it is. Make sure you don't have any extra axis binds that could be interfering with it.

you have to keep in mind, that also the Collective on the DCSHuey itself is a little buggy... when you look at the torquegauge and listen to the engine during a flight, esp. in fast hover around a small landing place or with slingload...

i hope they fix that. in my opinion a huge issue..

Edited by dahui
added "DCS Huey"

you have to keep in mind, that also the Collective on the huey itself is a little buggy... when you look at the torquegauge and listen to the engine during a flight, esp. in fast hover around a small landing place or with slingload...

i hope they fix that. in my opinion a huge issue..

this^

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||