mission: General Helicopter Operations

piXel496

#ebabil

I will remember your ideas, thx :)

#Cibit

The units in the sea are spawned with a script. If on land will not be checked as a regular editor unit seems to do.

Maybe now you will not believe me if I say you can make your own comparable scenario at an other location in less than 30 minutes. But I hope to make a video tutorial of around 7 minutes that will explain howto and no scripting knowledge is nescessary. It will be as difficult as placing triggermarkers and an airplane with the mission-editor.

That would be awesome ..I also would enjoy some MEDEVAC/HEMS based missions...Looking forward to the video.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@piXel496, thx man , looking forward to seeing them.

additionally, is it possible to do this mission as a dynamic campaign?

for example, we can wait at base and atc may ask us some sort of random mission, and waits us to accept or decline mission:

atc: we have an accident/fire/avalanche at xx xx xx location, can you land and collect the victims and take them to the south hospital?

f1 for accept, f2 fpr decline

etc...

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

are the individual pilots/helicopters given random tasks, or are the tasks assigned specifically by which pilot you choose?

I only ask as so far I have flown as the New Zealand (or Aussie) pilot and have only received stolen cars for at least 4 missions. will this change or do I have to choose a different pilot to get the other type of mission.

Great mission though loving it so far.

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Yes pedals ftw. Has anyone tried to pick up the guy on the yacht it is tres difficult :)

How does one pick up the guy on the yacht? There is no way to land on it, right? Does one have to hover above the guy for some time, or how is it done?

Great mission, btw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

How does one pick up the guy on the yacht? There is no way to land on it, right? Does one have to hover above the guy for some time, or how is it done?

Great mission, btw.

Yes, you have to hover close to it for a number of seconds. You'll get one message saying he's climbing on board and another saying he is on board.

@ ebabil & the_soupdragon

With this .lua script I gave myself the task to create an open freeflight MP mission where you could do things and earn points while doing so. As a secondary task I wanted to formulate it in a way that others could use it and make there own scenario, without getting trapped into paralizing technical difficulties. Because making stuff should be fun. And not the least it has to work and be released.

So now the play structure is more of a free open style but the next time I will focus on getting tasks and a random storyline by a dynamic script. (btw. next month life does not privilege me a computer. So I do my best to finish today :wacko: )

Sorry just an addition to your list. Unless I have forgotten something, the Mi-8 cant track the stolen vehicles. Can you add another line to broadcast a signal for ARK UD

This may help

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1951035&postcount=39

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great mission! We had a lot of fun playing it.

You can track the stolen vehicle with the Mi-8, you just have to add 4900 to your preset freqs for the R-828 and use that radio to track it. The tracking range is not as good, but it works.

R-828 tracking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FrJdjrQ4nA

HHC, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

Hi thanks for getting back. I am confident in my working of the systems, been using all the navigation modes since we first discovered how to. I suspect my lua editing is the culprit.

Will keep trying but if I could even get a copy and paste of your entry would be useful

TY:)

Fixed, I added the same 0000 as in the original line and that sorted it out

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See first post.

Update 26-06-2014:

- Now with 3 passenger pickups instead of 1, including the correct multiplier for exiting passengers and your score

- The first stolen vehicle will spawn later then 45 sec. after mission start

- If someone enters the MP mission with the same name as another player. He will become a spectator and be asked to change his name

- A meetingpoint is added and it is the startpoint of a groupflight to Krymsk airport (can be flown solo too)

- added: empty mission template with sounds for DIY and a written tutorial

- Added: disconnected players with score 0 are removed from the score list

- Added: Now 14 pickup locations and 18 slingload locations

And file is uploaded in userfiles.

Edited by piXel496

• 6 months later...

I'm a tad confused about the Meeting Point and the flight to Krymsk.

The meeting point appears to be where the 2 inflatable pylons are. There is a crowd of people standing/sitting there. When I land there, the script says that the flight is approx. 10 mins and I get a bonus for flying directly to Krymsk where there are other passengers and cargo.

I flew back and forth multiple times but didn't really understand what was happening. When I arrived at Krymsk, I got the message that I was awarded $1200 (I think) for being there. Then there are 2 people to be picked up. So I pick up as many as I can (because at least once I already had 2 ppl so I could only pick up one more at Krymsk

But now where am I supposed to take the people from Krymsk too ? Back to the Meeting Point OR to the Airport ... where there is another crowd of ppl standing and sitting ???

Also, after going back and forth a couple times ... and not really knowing what to do with whom ... I noticed that I wasn't being notified about any more stolen vehicles. Is this because I failed to go after a couple of them or because I was still busy with the Crowd/Krymsk objectives (i.e. incomplete objectives ?). ???

Also, when at Krymsk there are ppl and Cargo. Must be choose who or what to take OR can we pick up the ppl AND the cargo ? And if so, where to each get taken to ?

I need a few more details and/or some clarification to really enjoy this mission/map.

I can see that it has Great Potential .. providing one knows exactly what they are doing (i.e. one understands each of the objectives).

Thanks in Advance.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Hi Snowtiger,

The general idea is a freeflight non-militairy mission (MP) where there are things to do with a reward.

Playerscore

For completing tasks you get payed. With F10 you can see the players results. Your saldo is saved during the mission. If you disconnect and return at a later stage your saldo will still be there.

Pickup passengers

They flare if they see you. Land or hover close to a passenger and they will embark. You can pickup max. 3 passengers at at a time then bring them to heliport Madrid.

There are 14 pickup locations.

Cargo transport

Cargo is of random weight and need to be delivered at the big hanger on either airport. Stay with your cargo untill rewarded. Cargo from farther pays better.

There are 18 slingload locations

Find stolen vehicles

They have an ARC FM beacon and spawn random on the map. Follow them closely to get your reward.

Meeting point

From here you can organize a group flight (or fly solo) and you receive a bonus if you fly from the meeting point to Krymsk.

The mission is not working properly. The problem is the cargo-object is broken since 1.2.12? And it's DCS so it will be fixed when it's ready...

Without bitterness. I was planning to update voices and already started to create races and added cargo transports without slings (also for wings). And you are right I will add kneeboard information to find info. in game.

[paragraph removed]

:animals_rooster:

Edited by piXel496
I effortless go beyond the truth in describing something
  • Like 2

Hi I understand your bitterness and I feel for you after so much hard work. The mission though is without doubt one of the missions to have if your a huey or hip pilot.

I love your work so please do your best to update it when possible:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi piXel496 and thanks for the reply.

With regards to the Cargo AND the Bug you refer too, is that why I don't seem to ever get paid for the cargo ?

I have flown several cargo loads which I place near the big hanger. I usually place it within a few feet of the Truck and/or Soldier that is parked/standing in front of the hanger opening.

I have hovered there and landed there and waited and waited and waited some more .. without getting any indication of ever being paid for it.

Thanks again.

SnowTiger:joystick: