input profiles

Holmer

Hey guys. I just got the ka-50 and cant wait to jump into aktion. I found a couple of profiles with the HOTAS Warthog setup. But for the love of god i cant figure out how to get them into the game!!!

I unpack the files.

then i go dcs-options-controller and i delete all the pre made indputs. End i clik load profile and then i pick which of the files i need ( stick - throttle- rudder) but nothing shows up or get in the game...

what am i doing wrong ? Im not using the target software because i cant figure it out atm. But is it the reason its not working ?

-Holm

Edited by Holmer

Old profiles, anything created prior to the current DCS version (v1.2.8 ), will not work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I know many here will disagree, but while default Warthog profile for the A10C is exactly what it's supposed to be, I suggest you give a chance to TARGET (Thrustmaster profile utility) when it comes to the shark.

Reasons are:

-It's quite handy and versatile, and with the layers system you'll have way more room for the bindings.

-you don't have to change the DCS default bindings (except for the axis), since you'll use them for the TARGET profile.

-no need to worry about your .lua becoming obselete after a patch.

I was one of the NO TARGET crowd, and I still have a couple of of big issues with it. But I have since reverted to using target in all my sims mainly because TrackIR software also sucks and will not allow me to have a button in the joystick/throttle to recenter/pause without having the same number button in the other controller doing the same. With that said TARGET does allow for some nice tricks. For example I have my trim hat doing trim like its suposed to, but if I pause TrackIR it will pan the view instead.