Multiplayer few years ago and now - from FC 1.12b to DCS

Falcon_S

Not having experienced this earlier life which many of you describe, I personally feel that public multiplayer is basically single player with burning wrecks on the runway.

Don't get me wrong, when I'm not playing with my small band of newcomers it's great to find a populated server with even text communication (although incredibly rare).

Having said all that, had a blast recently on the 104th phoenix server and TS :D SHOUT OUT YO.

Been trying to get into falcon BMS recently but its hard when I only know one other person who flies on it. With the upcoming updates to DCS (dedi and more 'DCS Standard ™' modules) I hope things improve.

Would be nice to find a public server using the recently updated Aries Radio system, tried it recently and its mind blowing (like ACRE for Arma)

anyway YOLO and all that

I don't know how it was before, but hardware requirements are so high, that in the already reduced population wanting to play REAL sims, than they need to have a decent computer... I just finished high school (Québec), but this year after discovering dcs, I literally asked ALL the boys of my program results : 4 or 5 had a somewhat decent computer, none were wishing to play... I hope this will change in CEGEP, but I doubt it :/

I come from the same place (Montreal too) and I'm telling you that pretty much all my friends in university don't fly DCS even with their beasty gaming rigs.

:D Uh when I remember chase to PILOTASSO but the old fox was hard to catch in mesh with no way out but when we catch him - he always be a trophy. And c r a z y Cool_T and his ninja attacks from our back :megalol:

where is that guy?

Miss the old times. :cry:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I miss the good old days too. Highlight for me was 504 server. Great missions. Almost real time stats. Real competition.

I think it boils down to this:

No Hyperlobby

Buggy net code

WIP missiles

Fragmentation of the community

Reticence in using teamspeak

Lack of/difficulty in holding big events

I must however thank all current server admins and event organisers for persevering:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hey guys, I'm still new to this game, and I used to be a part of a huge community in Arma 2, transitioning to DCS World because of my Flying Passion I feel there is no real big community setting Daily Organized Missions or even weekly. Fortunately I have found someone to play with but even so... Simulators require Events driven by Communities to really get fun and both real, and it could be achieved if someone who is really familiar with the game and community tried to create weekly events (very organized) that everyone (Single or Squad) could join. This events could be PvP or CO OP, player slots would depend on the power of the server and someone could create and prepare the missions, with already selected slots to which people would have to sign up.

I hope I made myself clear, english is not my main language.

Wait for EDGE. Should be out soon. Hopefully, we will get mod tools and/or DCS will start making vehicles and infantry. We also need better netcode. Then we can attract FPS players and get some REAL MP going! There just aren't enough people interested in Flightsim Only. And people is what we need!

Edited by Chernaren Refugee

I have to look back and remember us to good old days because I think we lost a lot more even though we get a lot with the current level of this simulator.

What we lost:

1. People / Squadrons - I will mention a few and there are many more, =SE= SerbianEagles, =TuAF=, many of 141st_Wolves, 169th_Panthers, =AH=, =RvE=, some of =238.lbae=, some of =4c=... and many more.

...........don't forget the 74th too.

Still waiting in the wings for things to pick back up, predominately stability of the whole DCS world and as Viper has said, the Netcode. I have faith in ED and its testers to come good with renewed stability of the complete package - MP, ME and SP. But until then, there's just too much fun to be had in other sims. I do hope ED pick up as they desire. Good luck all.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Seems like I'm late to the party, but what you are all discussing sounds awesome. Heres to hoping the planned deliverables come through and things return back to their old glory!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Glad to see you Safe my friend :thumbup: its been a long time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Glad to see you Safe my friend :thumbup: its been a long time.

i miss fedex. great online buddy. he made me see the lomac light. back then i was a super noob i didnt know anything about lock on, he was the one that introduced me to hyperlobby.

you were too busy with the F15 lol

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Then we can attract FPS players and get some REAL MP going!

OMG! :helpsmilie:

Please no! I'm happy, that I'm a member of a (most :D) grown up community, without hate postings and all that childish stuff, you can see on the BF forums. I don't need these BF and COD fan boys here ...

And FPS players and "real" multiplayer ? :huh: ... can you see the mistake in your sentence. :music_whistling:

Then, we would have a lot of players, who make their kills with mid-airs and kamikaze attacks.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some of you might remember me, some not. It was long time I didn't even think of this sharade called LOMAC, DCS, etc for one simple reason. All this turned into bad attempt for ED to make money and to do nothing what community wants or need. After all I felt like i waste 7-8 years of my life talking to the walls, and didn't get right answer. Some of friends surely can remember what i said before 2.0 showed. If we were smart, we should keep playing 1.12 and let ED, and GGTharos to play this crap. As Falcon said, community is totally destroyed, nothing remains except fake promises, and some makeups... Fact is ED dont give a damn for community and what we all want. Fact is community doesn;t need GG's maths about missiles and bs, ppl want fun and a chance to organize as before. Fact also is ED didnt offer nothing to community, it was always "us" squadrons which rent game servers, make mods etc, and make LO grow up. And even that wasn't enough. At some point i realize i am wasting my time waiting for better, and I disband a squadron. I miss things, miss you guys and miss old days. My opinion is, nothing's gonna change. LO rest in peace.

S! from =SE=blackG.... Let the force be with you :)

Edited by blackgruya

... Fact is community doesn;t need GG's maths about missiles...

:megalol:

I miss you BlackG :D

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Some of you might remember me, some not. It was long time I didn't even think of this sharade called LOMAC, DCS, etc for one simple reason. All this turned into bad attempt for ED to make money and to do nothing what community wants or need. After all I felt like i waste 7-8 years of my life talking to the walls, and didn't get right answer. Some of friends surely can remember what i said before 2.0 showed. If we were smart, we should keep playing 1.12 and let ED, and GGTharos to play this crap. As Falcon said, community is totally destroyed, nothing remains except fake promises, and some makeups... Fact is ED dont give a damn for community and what we all want. Fact is community doesn;t need GG's maths about missiles and bs, ppl want fun and a chance to organize as before. Fact also is ED didnt offer nothing to community, it was always "us" squadrons which rent game servers, make mods etc, and make LO grow up. And even that wasn't enough. At some point i realize i am wasting my time waiting for better, and I disband a squadron. I miss things, miss you guys and miss old days. My opinion is, nothing's gonna change. LO rest in peace.

S! from =SE=blackG.... Let the force be with you :)

Owning practically everything except FC1, I can't disagree more. The sim has changed a lot over time and ED have gone out of there way to please the fan base at times, that's very clear.

The sim doesn't even seem to be in that bad of a state regarding MP besides stability limiting the number of players.

ED has been preoccupied with EDGE for a long time, providing what many have asked for, which is a new map/upgraded graphics. And it's obvious they're going to try to make money off of it. The alternative to that is to go out of business and provide nothing at all. I'd rather not be stuck in old FC releases when DCS is so much better.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Then we can attract FPS players and get some REAL MP going! There just aren't enough people interested in Flightsim Only. And people is what we need!

I just have to remember what happened to the ArmA multiplayer community when Dayz became popular and attracted FPS players (CoD kiddies, cheaters, script kiddies and all that other vermin) and change my "no" to "Hell no!".

Edited by tovivan

+ The core of our pilots switched to Falcon BMS 2 years ago, because the Level of the FC aircraft (F-15C for us) is depressing after 7 years. We didn't transfer to the hardcore DCS modules, because we are a fighter squadron - "once a fighter pilot, ever a fighter pilot" ... so, waiting for the praised F/A-18C (or a DCS F-15C) and BAE Hawk for our new squadron members and to have a feet in DCS.

What we have - in my opinion -, are only DCS aircrafts for training and co-op missions. Bombing targets is OK but after some time, you need a human opponent.

We've had the same situation in my previous squadron. We flew the A-10C but after a few years people grew tired of it and FC planes simply didn't provide enough challenge and/or complexity.

Then more and more people switched to BMS until there was no longer enough people to play DCS with. :cry:

So much hate and fear of THE fps player

I hope you all realize that

1) People are different, there are mature and kiddie people in every game genre.

2) Every game genre has people that put in great amounts of effort in to get better. If that is perfecting a barrel roll, or perfecting your aim time, i really don't see the difference. You can play any game on a committed level . There is only one goal, and that is to get better. Regardless of what game that is.

3) This sim, awesome as it may be, is not the all superior to other games when talking about "intelligence" or "knowledge". There are seemingly "simple" games (tekken for instance), that go so deep many of the experienced simmers couldn't even grasp even if they tried.

They require dedication, knowledge, and effort needed to get good, on a level that FAR exceed this sim.

So please, some of you need to get off their high horses , and shouldn't underestimate or look down upon other genres.

Edited by Maximus_Lazarus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2) Every game genre has people that put in great amounts of effort in to get better. If that is perfecting a barrel roll, or perfecting your aim time, i really don't see the difference. You can play any game on a committed level . There is only one goal, and that is to get better. Regardless of what game that is.

Spoken like a true FPS gamer- which is fine... you can be all you want to be, I don't care.

On the other side of the coin, there are people - me included- who enjoy the team aspect of what the sim (or other game) provide. Sure, we all want to be good at it- but good at what? Dropping a guided bomb on a target from 30000 feet? Taking out an infantryman with a maverick? No- I'm talking bigger picture stuff... Being better at working together while still safely in our own little bubble.

The part of it that a lot of people want to BE BETTER at is coordination and communication with the team to accomplish the objective by employing your developed skillset.

Look at the points you mentioned you want to be better at: Me, my, I.

Others have a bigger vision on what they're getting out of the sim- whether it's the interaction with people from all over the world or just the opportunity to be a part of a team while sitting half naked in front of your computer with a beer in your hand. Like you, I want to be better too- but I want to be better so that I feel I contribute more to the overall effort... not so that I can splash everyone with my awesomesauce.

You FPS types stomp around insisting on yourselves all over the place talking about how score orientated you are like your next meal depends on it... while others don't even know what a score is and could care less.

It's that self-importance and individualism inherent with the FPS culture that people dislike. I personally can't stand it, and I don't welcome that style of play in the server... but that's not to say that I can't respect the fact that a person can have those priorities and be really good at what they're doing. I don't try to sway them to my side and see it my way... at the same time I don't like having someone else's "BOOYAH" shoved in my face all the time.

The genre overall can cater to both perspectives- but independent servers (there are no other kinds in DCS, unfortunately) don't achieve that very well.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

..... (tekken for instance), that go so deep many of the experienced simmers couldn't even grasp even if they tried.

They require dedication, knowledge, and effort needed to get good, on a level that FAR exceed this sim.

Pffftttttt..........:megalol:

Yeah right.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I remember my old days with JCN (Jane's Combat.net)

USNF and F-15 was packed just about every night, and then those were the days of air-to-air combat against other on-line squads. F/A-18 came out and although there were still AA competition, AG missions became more common. I started to see a decline in squadrons, and few moved to USAF and eventually LOMAC where squads declined more.

Maybe my generation were more into AA combat than AG.

Squads I remember (97-2002ish):

32d Wolfhounds

42d Silver Eagles

58th Wildcards

82d

69th Raiders

95th Boneheads

131st

159th Screamin' Eagles

169th Pig Panthers

331st Berserkers

667th

CAG-50

VF-96

VFA-14

VFA-25

VFA-115 Eagles

VFA-133

VFA-777

VMFA-531

VMFA-323

VNFO

I truly missed those days. Although a lot of 1v1s were flown, the best were 4v4s or free-for-alls (FFA)

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

This sim, awesome as it may be, is not the all superior to other games when talking about "intelligence" or "knowledge". There are seemingly "simple" games (tekken for instance), that go so deep many of the experienced simmers couldn't even grasp even if they tried.

So please, some of you need to get off their high horses , and shouldn't underestimate or look down upon other genres.

Wow, after all that you tell us to get off our high horse? Looks like you're the one riding that horse buddy.

You have /no idea/ about air combat or even being a virtual fighter pilot yet you act like you do.