A Few Questions

Bucky

Sup all!

So anyway, pretty much a newbie to these forums. I signed up to this without too much thought, I was like f@#k yeah, cool WWII sim with modern graphics by the same guys that made IL2, nuff said!

So all the recent chat about Luthier etc is pretty disheartening, as it's completely changed the potential outcome for me personally. As such, I have a few questions.

I should mention that I've just completely read the June update thread, and appreciate completely what ED are doing. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with DCS. That said, my questions are thus:

Will there be much of a single player campaign under this new direction? I really like the idea of starting as a fledgling pilot, and working my way up through the system. From installing the base DCS game, it seems as though emphasis is based on the multiplayer aspects, and not much consideration is given to single player campaigning. (I could be completely wrong about this, it's just a first impression).

With all the recent chat about rewards, I was considering changing two of my printed manual rewards to digital DCS World copies of the FW-109 and the P-51. Why would I do this? In a game populated with F-15's etc, is there any reason I'd want to fly WWII era planes? I'm itching to fly them, but to me it seems I'd be better off waiting for them to be released as part of WWII, instead of downloading them now.

If I were to download them now, are there single player campaigns I can run to not only get used to them, but to enjoy offline? As someone who is going to be spending a large portion of the next year offline, I'd really like to know if this is a viable option, or it's simply going to be never ending combat against waves of ai spawns.

Thanks very much for any insight, I really appreciate any comments.

Cheers,

Sean

A10C and Blackshark had good single player campaigns plus users made campaigns later on. I'd imagine that once more of the DCS WWii planes and maps are completed you will see some user/developer campaign pop up. Personally I'd choose the DCS World copies of P51/FW190 over the manuals to get earlier access to the planes. These aren't as complicated as the A10c or blackshark which have a lot of required reading just to get to some level of operational readiness.

I guess no-one knows too much about how this side of coming releases will be. Original plan was that there would be single player campaign for each aircraft, if memory serves. Anyway, time will tell. And in the mean time, you might want to take a look at direction of Cliffs of Dover and IL-2:Battle of Stalingrad, if you haven't done so already. CloD is now, after Team Fusion patches rather good. And BoS is showing promise, although much more simple than DCS sims. It should come out in two or three months. At least CloD has user made single player campaigns that might suit you.

Thanks very much for the replies lads.

I've just finished downloading CloD once more, so I will definitely be having a crack at that, along with the TF patches.

I think the best thing to do might be to wait out and see if there's any more direction from Wags and Co regarding rewards.

Thanks again guys.