need suggestions for sim chair.

hannibal

so i found out the hard way that ebay car racing seats are not comfortable.

so im starting to find a design or a off the shelf product for a chair fit for car driving and flying planes.

a chair that i can sit in for many hours and feel comfortable.

sitting but it self is already bad for us, i want to avoid having a chair that will affect my health. (like having me slouch, reduce blood circulation, etc)

thank you for any advice! smile

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Don't laugh but my electric massage computer chair weld broke and kind of rendered my computer chair snaffu.

I have separated the back and seat cushions and am in the process of building a hybrid from the (Aces 2 seat plans) the free plans on LOF.

It is taking a huge amount of measuring and fitting but I feel I can come up with a compromise. I will stick some photos up in the morning as I'm getting tired, (shitty day at hospital). If anyone is interested I'm happy to share measurements and ideas.

Weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Im in a similar situation. I have been heavy into sim racing for a long time and i have only just started with Flight sims and i need a cockpit where i can do both. I currently run a home built cockpit but its no good for both flight sims and racing sims. Need something that i can use both my thrustmaster t500rs and my Thrustmaster warthog. This is what it used to look like when i had my Logitech G27.

P1000116.jpg.

I have now removed the dashboard and replaced the g27 with the t500rs and also got a 22" touchscreen as a second monitor

I use a second row seat from a Ford Windstar. It has armrests, is fully adjustable, and even has a cupholder built in.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

These are really cool, I really like seeing what you all put together here. the ejector levers are most cleaver. and the console on the car pit is most impressive. keep these coming I make links to them for later reference's. my pit is not really what your looking for but could give some Ideas. I like to tout my coffee cup warmer, still working on the beer tap though.

http://forums.eagle.ru/album.php?albumid=894

picture.php?albumid=894&pictureid=6386

Edited by spokejocky
Forgot the pic..hehe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Weeb's Gaff (Work in Progress)

Please excuse the disorder. I am in the midst of doing my flight sim build, so its looks a bit of a mess. I still need to route wires etc. Set up is 24 inch left, 27 inch centre and 24 inch right, using softth and bezel correction. Joystick,throttle and pedals are mounted on Wheel Stand Pro.

This will change when I've finished creating and welding a top mount for joystick only in the centre, throttle will be on left of chair.

Sorry cleaners day off. :music_whistling:

IMAG0377.jpg

Ejection seat. Now I had an electric massage chair and the weld on the base broke so rather than weld it back up it got me thinking, how could I integrate it with a flight sim chair.

So I decided to build it in cardboard so that I could use the cardboard as templates when I was finished.

So here goes.

First problem was base of seat cushion was contoured wood and not flat so it took quite a while to get the profile right. I started like this.

IMAG0391.jpg

Then had to decide how to mount the backrest at 109 degrees. So it evolved like this.

IMAG0400.jpg

To this so far:

IMAG0401.jpg

Still got a fair bit to go as the contours on the back of the backrest need calculating before I can transfer all the measured pieces into the required templates for transfer to wood. It's been time consuming, not difficult, so hope it can encourage you to have a crack at making your own chair.

weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.