Get the best one you can afford.

Really this sim plays best on a high end system. You can search the forums for recommendations.

Here is what ED recommends:

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 / ATI 6950 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

If you can go beyond that do it. A new graphic engine EDGE is planned to be released at some time which is supposed to improve performance but time will tell.

Again, get the best you can afford.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I agree. To really enjoy it you will need a pretty decent machine.

An SSD can't hurt, you'll like the shorter loading times.

8 cores, i5 or i7. I recommend getting an i5 and putting the price difference into the video card

16 GB ram

SSD 256 MB

GTX770 with 2GB or more VRAM. Nvidia runs better than ATI at the moment

a HOTAS including pedals

TrackIR

a proper screen

I agree an SSD is a definite plus, it significantly improves load times, otherwise in DCS they're quite long.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The video card/GPU plays a very small role in DCS for the moment (until the EDGE engine is released).

Currently DCS uses 2 CPU threads, one for video and one for audio which by modern game standards is quite inefficient. As someone with a GTX570, older i7 950, 240GB Corsair Neutron SSD, and 18GB of RAM - I can tell you that DCS runs terribly and it has everything to do with the older i7. If I bought a new i7 4790K, 16GB of RAM, and kept the 570 - I'd get full frames at full res and it would be the CPU not the GPU that got me there.

The question you pose also needs a budget attached to it. Personally if you have the money - go with the i7 4790K, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 770, 750-900W power supply, and absolutely an SSD (like the one I mentioned). For lower end - get a new i5 with 16GB of RAM and a lower end GTX 700 series in the $180-$250 range.