Fury

NineLine

ah, c'mon. since when is anything positive said on the forums. :lol:

I'm positive that Bucic did not like the movie. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Amazon US reviews, fwiw.

641265857_furyamazon.JPG.3d283518e73623c29a1aea7d365e5c8c.JPG

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The best part 3 vs 1.. Got me really like:

Come on reload fast, shoot his ass!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Tiger Vs 3 Shermans was epic, real deal staff showing real might of Tiger IV, even firefly could not penetrate its front armor, it was amazing battle, nicely done, but rest of the movie is really Hollywoody. SS would not leave this guy alive when spotted him under the tank .

Well, even this highlight of the movie (because it featured an actual Tiger tank) felt rather off - it's very unlikely for the Tiger to operate alone and then to attack the Shermans at such close range in the open country. It was only done so the tanks could "charge" at each other and make for a tense movie experience. The previous scene of German AT guns missing barely moving Shermans from short range also felt off, especially given the fact they were summarily dispatched by the very roughly aimed Sherman's 76 HE shells which were somewhat weak in reality. And the movie only gets much worse after that with that final battle scene.

All in all, a technically very well filmed movie, but ruined by a terrible script IMHO - not sure if it wants to be overly gritty about the war (the overdone kill-or-be-killed attitude of the U.S. soldiers) or heroic (the final Alamo style battle). The lunch scene felt somewhat inspired by the French Plantation episode from Apocalypse Now. Personally, I was disappointed, even though I wasn't expecting too much. For someone looking for a gritty WWII war movie, I'd recommend the HBO production "When Trumpets Fade".

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Thats a Sherman *Firefly* it could knock the armor of the regular Tiger.

A Firefly had the 17pdr anti tank gun - but nothing on the planet at that time could knock the armour off a Tiger at long ranges. Plus of course no matter how big a gun was put in a Sherman turret, it was still just a Sherman - or as the tank crews of the time called it - the Ronson.

The advantage the Sherman had was sheer numbers and reliability. No way were they ever an equal to the best German armour. Take a look at Whitman just after D-Day if in doubt of that fact.

Also bear in mind that in your average tank troop, you'd have 4 short 75mm guns and just 1 17pdr.

I loved band of brothers from HBO, which I guess is gritty and realistic, but I also loved this movie. You wouldn't think you could make an interesting story about 4 men sitting in an armoured box and shooting at infantry but I thought it was great. The final battle scene was a bit much, with SS troops just running into MG fire, but it can be overlooked :)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

ah, c'mon. since when is anything positive said on the forums. :lol:

DCS is not only great, it also goes in the right direction. It improves steadily, approaching the point of featuring an overwhelming amount of high quality content.

There. Let's get back to giving the 'Fury' what it deserves :)

I was expecting a lot, after all... Shia LaBeouf... I'll still check it out at some point.

On that note. I haven't seen his other performances but in this one he seemed to be overacting a lot. But please keep in mind I'm rather picky when it comes to overacting. I have to do a month worth of preparation before I watch any Japanese movie :D

Tiger Vs 3 Shermans was epic, real deal staff showing real might of Tiger IV, even firefly could not penetrate its front armor, it was amazing battle, nicely done, but rest of the movie is really Hollywoody. SS would not leave this guy alive when spotted him under the tank .

Real deal? I'm not a tanker simer nor knowledgeable in WWII weapons history and yet I think it is damn obvious Tiger's only advantage there was a standoff range gun. And what he did? He thought to himself: Pissing downwind is for losers. Let's make it harder. Charge!

The previous scene of German AT guns missing barely moving Shermans from short range also felt off

What was the range then? Some mere 300 meters, less?

(the overdone kill-or-be-killed attitude of the U.S. soldiers)

That...

For someone looking for a gritty WWII war movie, I'd recommend the HBO production "When Trumpets Fade".

...aaand that.

As I said before, most movie makers think no bull - no success. That's fine but 'Fury' goes really far with this. I see it like this:

running straight at a machine gun:

untrained peasants wouldn't do it

but in the movie:

soldiers do it (accpetable somewhat, but it's where acceptable level of ridiculousness ends for me)

+

SS

+

battle hardened (end of the war)

Edited by Bucic

Oooh, yeah. Pick all that apply to war movies made in USA.

A) The trigger-shy, chicken shit new guy who gradually gains respect by the people that ridicule him. He doesn't bring diary.

B) The trigger-shy, chicken shit new guy who gradually gains respect by the people that ridicule him. He brings it.

C) The inexperienced Lieutenant no one respect nor pay attention to who survives the war.

D) The inexperienced Lieutenant no one respect nor pay attention to who doesn't make it to third act.

E) The merciless enemy who spares one random American.

F) The merciless enemy who spares one random American. Unfortunately, his soldier friend spots this American and shoots him more than once.

G) The foul mouth American who turns out to have great big fat kind heart and doesn't die gruesomely.

H) The foul mouth American who turns out to have great big fat kind heart then gets a panzerfaust through his great big fat kind heart.

I) A scared foreign girl falls in love with beautiful American who plays piano. They both makes it to third act.

J) A scared foreign girl falls in love with beautiful American who plays piano. One of them crushes to death by a thin layer of bricks.

I know it's hard but try anyway.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

You wouldn't think you could make an interesting story about 4 men sitting in an armoured box and shooting at infantry...

Tanker's life is very intense, according to memoirs. Lots of stories could make into movies.

I personally prefer the "All is fair at war" (На войне как на войне), a 1968 movie. It just looks so real. Don't khow if there are Enrglish subs.

Another great example is the "White Tiger", 2012. Though it doesn't involve tanks that much, but rather is a strong anti-war apologue.

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

So I finally got to sit down and watch it last night, and after some of the comments here I was expecting to be disappointed, and I will be honest, I really wasnt... (possible spoilers below)

A few things...

Shia LaBeouf... I dont like him... no matter what he is in, he is Shia LaBeouf... and that is not a good thing, I didnt buy him as a heavily religious man of conscience... not even once. But atleast he didnt do his trademark stutter... and then he got shot in the head, his acting skills there were fine.

Brad Pitt... I kept seeing Aldo Raine from Inglorious Basterds, so that ruined it a bit for me, even when he tried to act human and seem like it was effecting him personally, I just couldn't buy into it... over all his performance wasn't terrible, just his Aldo character kept popping up for me...

The rest of the tank crew was decent, and honestly, anyone stating this was an over the top ra ra 'merica movie... I dunno... half the crew were jerks... and I am using that word to stay Rule 1.1 compliant... so I am not sure it cast US troops in some glorious heavenly light, not to say war like that wouldn't do that to most, but it certainly wasn't John Wayne style US portrayals...

It kept me thinking it robbed Saving Private Ryan a few times... the noob assistant driver, too afraid to kill, his army skills were on a type writer... the grizzled leader takes him under his wing, yadda yadda..

The combat was good, and mostly believable, yes the ending was a little over the top, but its a movie, not a documentary... I expected over the top. The 3 v 1 tank battle was pretty good as well, and again, if it was supposed to be ra ra 'merica, I didn't see even this fight showing that... actually most scenes through out the movie tried to show the ugliness of war, and I never thought it cast the US troops in some pure light.

If I compared it to movies in recent history, I'd say it wasn't quite as good as Saving Private Ryan, which I really enjoyed, as I said, I felt like it borrowed from it a little... but it was a 1000 times better than Red Tails which George Lucas totally ruined by changing what was already a dynamic incredible story, and putting his own crappy spin on it, complete with x-wing fighter combat scenes...

So anyone on the fence on this one, give it a chance, I enjoyed it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Shia LaBeouf... I dont like him... no matter what he is in, he is Shia LaBeouf... and that is not a good thing

It is comforting to see I am not alone. I really don't know how he got to act in some of the biggest Hollywood block-busters. He really has no acting talent, no presence, no charisma, nothing.

On the movie itself, it was decent, some nicely done combat scenes but nothing too fancy either. The plot was rather shallow. And the ending was, well, Hollywood-style. One tank crew versus what, 60-80 German soldiers. I should watch it again just to count the number of bullets the crew expands on these Germans.

All in all, it served it's purpose, entertaining you for an hour and a half but did not went beyond and won't stay in the memories.

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Of course most people in the West a blind to the America rah rah rah in all the movies. We are desensitised to it because it is so common.

If you saw a movie which was written from the other side you might kind of get it.

There must be movies for example of tough Russians in Afghanistan killing John Rambos and Islamic extremist terrorists. You would watch that movie and think OMG but it is exactly the same thing as we have.

I think Saving Private Ryan is a great film but I probably wouldn't watch it if I was a German.

• ED Team

I dont think they painted the US troops in Fury in and special light, as I said, half the crew were a-holes... so dont give me that blind bs... and in fact, in Fury, you saw a German soldier showing more mercy than any of the US troops... so I dont by that, not in this case...

Of course most people in the West a blind to the America rah rah rah in all the movies. We are desensitised to it because it is so common.

If you saw a movie which was written from the other side you might kind of get it.

There must be movies for example of tough Russians in Afghanistan killing John Rambos and Islamic extremist terrorists. You would watch that movie and think OMG but it is exactly the same thing as we have.

I think Saving Private Ryan is a great film but I probably wouldn't watch it if I was a German.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Who wins. That is always the important part. Maybe I will watch it with ads in a few years.

Wait, Wait... you haven't even seen the movie?

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Who wins. That is always the important part. Maybe I will watch it with ads in a few years.
Wait, Wait... you haven't even seen the movie?
It doesnt seem like he has...

frustrated-gif-3996-20187-hd-wallpapers.0.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Two questions?

Does the movie feature the Tiger tank at all? Does it kill a crapload of Sherman tanks?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.