STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

It means we're branching off development and making sure the aircraft runs properly on 1.3.0.

Not sure how you managed to read that much into such a simple, short, post.

I would assume ( I know I shouldn't assume) it is because you said that the MIG would be released while 1.2.8 was the released version.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused on point 2. Isn't everything going to 1.3.0? I thought the 1.3.0 version will just overwrite 1.2.8 version and so we can forget about implementing Mig into 1.2.8. And if You are developing this module towards the version 1.3.0, the version 1.2.8 will be no more, by the time the Mig will be released. :smartass: I just don't know, why asking about having this working in 1.2.8.

I know it sounds confusing as well, but here is the summary:

Will 1.2.8 and 1.3.0 versions separate things or not? :)

Thank You. If it's already mentioned somewhere on the forum, sorry for that.

1.2.8 was used to demonstrate all mig 21 functionalities and during that time, 130 may not be ready for 3rd parties. when eveything has been demonstrated on a stable platform then it can be moved to a newer platform w/ tiny or big changes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

when eveything has been demonstrated on a stable platform then it can be moved to a newer platform w/ tiny or big changes.

I should hope big changes would not be needed. With enough big changes it could be made into a Cessna. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I should hope big changes would not be needed. With enough big changes it could be made into a Cessna. :P

I dont know the details so I used 'or'. it also depends that even dcs core changed a lot but the app interface or module related keep unchanged, then the effort on movement can be tiny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

i think cobra mentioned minimal changes.

anyway, i can have a weekend with good mood and then wait for the video released today or tomorrow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, that'd be WAY too long. /s

:smilewink:

lol

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Can't wait for the live stream. What time will it be and will it be on twitch?

Live stream was cancelled, bruh. Expect a video later.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I'm into stock markets and shit.

Vegas Baby!

:megalol:

Sry....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

1.2.8 was used to demonstrate all mig 21 functionalities and during that time, 130 may not be ready for 3rd parties. when eveything has been demonstrated on a stable platform then it can be moved to a newer platform w/ tiny or big changes.

Thanks a lot.

After everything, I wasn't hopeful the live stream was gonna happen anyway

Edit: I really hope the video is actual game play rather then another 90 second teaser.

Edited by f18fan

Live stream was cancelled, bruh. Expect a video later.

Where is to the link that the Stream was cancelled. Not that I am shocked of course , since these guys haven't really lived up to any promise, hint, nudge or indication they have made so far.

Where is to the link that the Stream was cancelled. Not that I am shocked of course , since these guys haven't really lived up to any promise, hint, nudge or indication they have made so far.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2108326&postcount=168

Page 17 of this thread. Enjoy.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

^that works now

So I take it that MiG will arrive only with 1.3.0.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

So I take it that MiG will arrive only with 1.3.0.

Not necessarily. If you read the thread, you'd know that Cobra said there's still a very real possibility of a 1.2.8 release, but the team is currently committed to migrating to 1.3.0. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^that works now

we shouldn't really complain that they are merging 1.3.0 with MiG-21BIS, this is actually good news it means soon we will have both the MiG-21 and EDGE and then a new road of bugs lie waiting for us

hopefully they let us keep 1.2.8 going (because its damned stable) while they iron out EDGE but then again maybe all this time they have been fixing all EDGES issues. future does look bright indeed but perhaps a bit bumpy at first.

chompin at the bit for the video, but yea no teaser show us a sortie :P

Edited by =LFC=Chameleon_Silk

hopefully they let us keep 1.2.8 going (because its damned stable)

That's why there's open beta and switching to past patches.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

That's why there's open beta and switching to past patches.

It is also easy to maintain multiple versions on the same machine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I must say. This might be gettig by close to loosing to the Sabre for me. The constant delays to canceling the much anticipated live stream today have set a bad taste for me. Belsimtek has just been spitting out modules and I really like t he beta system. I rather get to enjoy the module earlier than Wait for absolute perfection. Oh well let the races begin. Hopefully that video (If it ever comes) will inspire me to wait for this instead

I must say. This might be gettig by close to loosing to the Sabre for me. The constant delays to canceling the much anticipated live stream today have set a bad taste for me. Belsimtek has just been spitting out modules and I really like t he beta system. I rather get to enjoy the module earlier than Wait for absolute perfection. Oh well let the races begin. Hopefully that video (If it ever comes) will inspire me to wait for this instead

well, you should know that sometimes 'tomorrow' has the energy as powerful as 'two weeks' :D

So be patient that after more than one year or even longer waiting, several more weeks' not a big deal.

I believe everything will become more clearer once the Sabre being released that at that time we will know whether EDGE is ready as a release (Sabre on 1.2.8 or 1.3.0). If EDGE keeps the pace (end of this year), then the following modules should base on 1.2.8. So I think we could see MIG21 soon, since 1.2.8 is damn stable (=LFC=Chameleon_Silk's words :)). All above are assumptions. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I pretty much has for me and has lost a lot of my faith in the company, as a consumer. I'll probably get Fishbed, but their next project? To be seen. And I certainly will have absolutely no expectations for deadlines to be reached, regardless of how vague.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!