Anyone noticed fps drop 1.12a?

My setup is exactly the same as in 1.1. Same values in graphics.cfg, etc.

In 1.1 when flying through big cities and looking to the side, the graphics

were sharp and fps was great. I could focus on any object flying at low

altitude at high speed. Not in 1.12 - the objects appear blurred as if fps

was real low. The fps is not really that much lower then in 1.11.

It happens only when looking to the side at close distance, regardless

whether I use TrackIr or not.

My rig is AMD 4400+ with Asus7800GTX. Other than that everything works

good. Well... I haven`t done any online flying yet with 1.12a.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

neg, i aint noticed, thing that i did notice however, dunno if this has been changed in the patch or cause i got a new monitor but, ground targets are viewed as a square box from a distance, only when i get close to them do they appear as what they should be, maybe its like that for ease of spotting them, but come on, everything seems to be a dam square from a few ks til about 1-2ks out then they appear as tanks trucks etc etc.

I do get your affect when going fast down real low and have zoomed in a touch, and the stuff going past is blurryish, but that would be how it would be in real life, just look out of car side windows when its going fast, apart from that its crystal my end

...I do get your affect when going fast down real low and have zoomed in a touch, and the stuff going past is blurryish, but that would be how it would be in real life, just look out of car side windows when its going fast, apart from that its crystal my end

Yes, but in 1.11 for some reason I could follow an object with my TIR and

the picture was clear (in RL I could do that too, when sober - without TIR:))

In 1.12a the blurry stuff happens also at medium speeds. Oh well, not a

big problem.

No drop here, I have seen a increase in FPS, but I did add another gig of ram (2 gigs dual channel) and a new cpu.

neg, i aint noticed, thing that i did notice however, dunno if this has been changed in the patch or cause i got a new monitor but, ground targets are viewed as a square box from a distance, only when i get close to them do they appear as what they should be, maybe its like that for ease of spotting them, but come on, everything seems to be a dam square from a few ks til about 1-2ks out then they appear as tanks trucks etc etc.

that would be the object LOD doing its stuff for FPS, remember that hotfix for ground units a while back?

I don't complain in singleplayer. But in multiplayer (same mission) FPS are way below - bad.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, looking over the shoulder results in FPS going down to as low as 5 or 6. If i switch to outside view when this low FPS happens, i get quite a bit stutter. Thought it had something to do with TrackIR (just upgraded at about the same time 1.12a came out) but it also happens without TrackIR.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I get fps freezes happening every few seconds or so, over certain areas.

Was completly smooth in 1.11

Not sure what to make of it.

I am having the exact same issue, but only when looking at the ground. If i fly about with the FPS counter on and look up into the sky fps is pretty steady (which would be how it should). However as soon as I look towards the ground it starts to pause every few seconds.

The FPS counter shows around 45 fps when normal then when it pauses it drops to about 30fps thern jumps straight back to 45ish, and its pretty noticable. It causes the scene to jerk every 2-3 seconds, regardless if the aircraft is flying or is taxiing on the ground.

Never did this in 1.11 which was the last version i played before doing the upgrade.

Might have something to do with the water, becasue if I understand correctly it is rendered under the land scenery but i havent flown over water with 1.12a yet so cant comment whether it does this over water aswell.

I also find the vehicles are square boxes until 2km out annoying but I guess I can live with this.