Trying to learn DCS

So I own all modules and I always wanted to ask, games like FC3 and Blackshark 2. When you buy these games are you essentially getting the previous versions as well?

Like blackshark 1 does not need to be purchased because Blackshark 2 is a more updated version? Same with FC3? Or are they entirely different games. I been confused about this and always wanted to know for future reference.

Sorry for all the post btw.

All good army-

DCSW is the base and is free- gives you that training P51 and the SU25T. All the other modules like you have mentioned (FC3, BS2 etc) are added to DCSW.

There are a few aircraft coming out individually now (F-15C with AFM, SU25) that are all included in FC3... does that help?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I own all the modules currently lol. my question for future purchases is, say if I see FC3 and buy it, is there a FC2 that's a different game entirely? Someone told me FC2 and BS2 are just updated versions of the first release, like more detail, interactive cockpit with BS2 so there is no need to buy BS1 or FC2 or anything like that, I like playing games in order.

I am one of them guys lol sorry.

FC2 and blackshark 1 are the same as our current versions, except the older ones are standalone games and donot work in dcs world. Also, the graphics of FC2 and bs1 are outdated.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

FC2 and blackshark 1 are the same as our current versions, except the older ones are standalone games and donot work in dcs world. Also, the graphics of FC2 and bs1 are outdated.

Not really for FC2 vs FC3. The biggest thing that stands out is 6DOF cockpits Also AFM for A-10A, F-15C, Su-25 and soon to be Su-27!

EDIT: May I also include 6DOF coming for Mig-29. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Not really for FC2 vs FC3. The biggest thing that stands out is 6DOF cockpits Also AFM for A-10A, F-15C, Su-25 and soon to be Su-27!

EDIT: May I also include 6DOF coming for Mig-29. :)

Mig would be nice, would we have to pay for this separate?

Mig would be nice, would we have to pay for this separate?

If there are upgrades to FC3 aircraft then current owners and owners to be will not have to pay. It comes free with any updates done to FC3.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I think ED's goal is to have a setup like they do with the Su-25A, F-15C and A-10A with the rest of the FC3 planes. Give them all AFM and 6DoF pits and sell them as standalone medium fidelity modules.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Kind of sucks because I can't play now

My fiance and I broke up over the 4th of July weekend, we were together for 4 years..... She moved back to her home state already and I'm still here but don't feel like playing really.... Only little spark of hope and light in my world right now is Sabre coming out. Hopefully they do update all the aircraft like that tho. Take care and thanks for the response guys.... :cry:

Only little spark of hope and light in my world right now is Sabre coming out. Hopefully they do update all the aircraft like that tho.

Now this is a TRUE sim enthusiast- folks... the guy just got chopped in half and STILL uses it as a way of guilting the devs into speeding up the update and release process on our behalf.

THAT is a commitment to the community!

:thumbup:

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Keep your head UP buddy ;)

There is always some light at the end of each and every dark tunnel, just keep on walking straight !

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Now this is a TRUE sim enthusiast- folks... the guy just got chopped in half and STILL uses it as a way of guilting the devs into speeding up the update and release process on our behalf.

THAT is a commitment to the community!

:thumbup:

Thanks man, and thanks to the community, I have been feeling really bad, plus my week got even worse since the last update, car got two flat tires, my sister was placed on a antibiotic that she has never taken and had a allergic reaction and almost stopped breathing and I rushed her to the hospital over that, ex and I haven't spoke a word to each other in a week now, and I almost ran a baby rabbit over with my four wheeler and so I wouldn't kill the rabbit, I ran my four wheeler in to a ditch and tore up the front end. Rains it pours.

O let me add to this, stuck using dial up internet for now as well because I moved in with my sister for now until I get my new apartment. I can't wait for Sabre to come out, still my only hope..... I keep checking, hoping to see it show up. :(

Don't worry tho, Ill put things back together eventually, just crazy times right now. My friends from my squadron I use to serve with in the Navy spoke to me about everything and they have always known me for not giving in to stuff like this so that boosted me some.

Edited by army198527

Hi folks,

I have FC2, and I saw some videos on Youtube about FC3, huge difference in the cockpit department. The cockpits in FC3 are very much 3D stereo as the player moves his head around. So I can see the point to get FC3 which I am going to get after I have decided on a right set of Joystick, Saitek X52 is what I am looking at, please provide me with your recommendation in the meantime.

I have also downloaded DCSW just yesterday actually, and it's a thumb up!! Excellent interface, and graphics smooth as fluid. The Su-25T looks photorealistic and every details is model'd right to the last. For instance, the air brake at the rear of the aircraft shows some of the moving parts animated flawlessly.

But then I have a question about the cockpit, is it supposed to be non-clickable anymore or I missed out enabling some of the features in the settings?

Thanks.

Yep, Su-25T follows sim fidelity of FC1,2,3 ("survey sim" as ED calls it), which means it neither has clickable pit nor systems functionality of some full "study sim" products (like A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1 etc.). You can still have lots of fun with it though.

Hardware-wise, keep in mind that in order to fully appreciate 6DoF movement in cockpits you need some head tracking device and software, either TrackIR (very good but quite expensive) or FreeTrack (waaay cheaper but requiring some electronic skills to make it work properly).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yep, Su-25T follows sim fidelity of FC1,2,3 ("survey sim" as ED calls it), which means it neither has clickable pit nor systems functionality of some full "study sim" products (like A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1 etc.). You can still have lots of fun with it though.

Hardware-wise, keep in mind that in order to fully appreciate 6DoF movement in cockpits you need some head tracking device and software, either TrackIR (very good but quite expensive) or FreeTrack (waaay cheaper but requiring some electronic skills to make it work properly).

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I have Black Shark 1 but never really played it coz years ago my PC was too slow for that. But then now I missed those hardcore button operations, and just wonder if it supports some touch-screen monitor which is now very common.

I do have TrackIR 4 Pro and last night, I checked its functions again after nearly 3 years leaving it in the store room. It works brilliantly.

Now what I wish are 1) get the Oculus Rift 2) hoping the games will support touch screen in the future.

Thanks for your reply.

[..]

Now what I wish are 1) get the Oculus Rift 2) hoping the games will support touch screen in the future.

DCS World support Oculus Rift:

and also the touch screen with Helios (i think)...take alook into the Input & Output subforum: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

So I own all modules and I always wanted to ask, games like FC3 and Blackshark 2. When you buy these games are you essentially getting the previous versions as well?

Like blackshark 1 does not need to be purchased because Blackshark 2 is a more updated version? Same with FC3? Or are they entirely different games. I been confused about this and always wanted to know for future reference.

Sorry for all the post btw.

(re: thread title)

Me, too...

still trying to learn DCS.

LOL!

BS1 has some really great interactive training tools.

BS2 still has servers up once in awhile and no FC3 aircraft to worry about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My fiance and I broke up over the 4th of July weekend, we were together for 4 years..... She moved back to her home state already and I'm still here but don't feel like playing really.... Only little spark of hope and light in my world right now is Sabre coming out. Hopefully they do update all the aircraft like that tho. Take care and thanks for the response guys.... :cry:

Ouch!

My wife and I married almost 40 years. Got to learn to make up. We still disagree. We dated 2 years and I joined the Navy a year in, before gettin' married.

Too much DCS has come up as an issue in the past. At least I am home.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]