[ANN] Web-based Lua debug console for DCS: World missions

FSFIan

When I run Witchcraft after aircraft are added to the mission, I have seen where the weapons on the aircraft are shifted on their pylons. Here is an example from a Hawk -- that gun pod should be on the centerline.

attachment.php?attachmentid=120275&stc=1&d=1438637433

This has also happened with A-10Cs -- weapons shifting after Witchcraft.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

When I run Witchcraft after aircraft are added to the mission, I have seen where the weapons on the aircraft are shifted on their pylons. Here is an example from a Hawk -- that gun pod should be on the centerline.

This has also happened with A-10Cs -- weapons shifting after Witchcraft.

WC

You mean after editing and saving a mission with witchcraft that already had client aircraft in it?

Could be a bug with how the mission data is passed around between Lua and JavaScript (the javascript side cannot deal with tables that have both numeric and string keys, so the Lua functions "witchcraft.luaMissionToJSONable" and "witchcraft.JSONableMissionToLua" deal with an edge case -- maybe I missed one). Or maybe my code breaks the mission data structure in some other way.

I probably won't fix this, as EDGE is right around the corner and will include a proper preview mode in the mission editor.

And although I do look forward to focusing on mission scripting again in the future, nowadays all of my DCS hacking time is spent on DCS-BIOS.

Yes to your question. I try to do all my Witchcraft locating before adding Client aircraft, but this latest example comes from a mission that I had copied over to a new one.

Whenever I see this, I go back to the weapons page for each a/c and reset the loadout. All works fine after that.

I get it about waiting for EDGE. Thanks for Witchcraft.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 5 months later...

Hey!

I just wanted to give witchcraft a try, as I need to reposition some units placed in a mission i've been working on for a month. Unfortunately I'm getting an error:

"Missing error handler on 'socket'

TypeError: Cannot read property 'coalition' of undefined

at ...missionmodel.js:128:22"

Any one got an idea how to trace this one back and solve maybe?

thanks!

beef

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Is it something wrong with my configuration, or it's not possible to see and manipulate units on the map anymore, while Lua console is working properly?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 1 month later...

The Lua Console works fine in both 1.5 and 2.0.

The mission editing part of Witchcraft has been broken ever since the mission file format was changed (and I don't plan to fix it -- I'll either remove it at some point or merge the Lua Console into DCS-BIOS 2.0).

The mission must be running and unpaused.

The mission has to include a current version of MiST and then call "witchcraft.start(_G)" in a DO SCRIPT action.

The MissionScripting.lua file has to be edited as shown in the README and the video.

If it cannot connect, you should either get an error message in a message box or in dcs.log.

• 6 months later...

DCS Withcraft works with static objects or only with units?

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals

• 11 months later...

Hi Ian!

I have problems with the witchcraft.cmd, after the "" it says:

C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src>..\windows\nodejs\node backend\server.js

C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\engine.io\node_modules\uws\uws.js:3
const http = require('http');
^^^^^
SyntaxError: Use of const in strict mode.
   at Module._compile (module.js:439:25)
   at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
   at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
   at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
   at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
   at require (module.js:380:17)
   at Server.init (C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\engine.io\lib\server.js:115:16)
   at new Server (C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\engine.io\lib\server.js:65:8)
   at Function.attach (C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\engine.io\lib\engine.io.js:123:16)
   at Server.initEngine (C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src\node_modules\socket.io\lib\index.js:274:21)

C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src>rem start http://localhost:3000/

C:\Users\Lowlee\Desktop\dcs-witchcraft-master\src>pause
Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

Do you know this error?? :(

I need the console to try some lua code

Fletto i muscoli...e sono nel vuoto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

If anyone else bumps into the problem LowLee mentions, updating the version of node that is shipped will fix it up. D/l from https://nodejs.org/en/download/ - grab the binary rather than the installer.

Open it up your zip handler of choice, then copy the node.exe over the top of the one in your "windows/nodejs" folder under witchcraft.

Hope this helps!

~S~

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.