To Ironhand

Hi Ironhand :)

Do you have plans on making tutorials for KA50 after Black Shark's release?

I'm wondering if you already taste BS, and what's your thoughts?

Thank you ;)

=FN= Six o'Clock

Member of Falcões da Noite Squadron

Florianopolis :: Brazil

...Do you have plans on making tutorials for KA50 after Black Shark's release?

The short answer is "yes". Had you asked me this question several weeks ago, I would have told you that I didn't know whether or not I would be making black Shark tutorials. Helo sims have never held much attraction for me. And the only one I ever installed lasted a 1/2 hour on my hard drive before I removed it. But after sampling Black Shark, I'm hooked.

Any of you who, like me, are fixed wing (sim) pilots have developed a number of 'bad' habits that we will have to unlearn. We will have to develop new ways of thinking in mission planning and execution. And there's definitely a lot to learn. But Black Shark will be coming with it's own tutorials. So we'll start with an excellent base. And we can all build upon that.

I'm wondering if you already taste BS, and what's your thoughts?

Like I said above, I'm hooked. :)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand - just one question matey..........

how different is the Ka 50 to fly than say the A-10 / F-15. Are we talking more equipment to fly the Ka-50 correctly or will my trusty MS Sidewinder 2 do the job

Cheers

SumoScouse Out :cool:

Is it possible to be a flight-sim enthusiast, and NOT also being hooked on helicopter sims? I'm a fan of both types of simulators, and they offer quite different gameplay experiences.

I like the dive down, drop your bombs, and then get the hell out of there approach offered by plane simulator, as well as the sneak, hide behind a hill, and then pop up and release your rockets approach found in a heli-sim.

I'm looking forward to Black Shark (and the tutorials) :)

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Ironhand - just one question matey..........

how different is the Ka 50 to fly than say the A-10 / F-15. Are we talking more equipment to fly the Ka-50 correctly or will my trusty MS Sidewinder 2 do the job

I'm flying an X-45 and have my hands full. There's quite a workload compared to even the Su-25T. In fact, I might finally lay out the cash for some rudder pedals. Using the rudder imput on the throttle can get a bit overwhelming as your fingers and hands are busy doing three or four other things at the same time.

...I'm a fan of both types of simulators, and they offer quite different gameplay experiences...

Previous helo sims never did much for me but I know what you meant. I've always conceptualized what happens in a military fixed-wing flight sim as fencing: Thrust, parry, thrust. On the other hand, helo sims are about sniping. Sneak in, kill shot, disappear.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Would it not be plausible to ask ED what type of configuration set-up they are using to fly the KA-50.

This would help me decide on whether or not to spend money on up-grading my set-up. If we are talking extra dosh to fly this chopper well, then I might have second thoughts about buying LO-BS

TIR 3 / 4 seems a must as well - MORE MONEY arghhhh

Cheers

SumoScouse Out :cool:

Longbow 2 anyone? :p

Heck, I've got quite a few flight hours playing Gunship - Gunship 2000 - Longbow - Longbow Korea Expansion - Longbow 2 - Apache...I can't freakin' WAIT for LOBS! Perhaps it's my Army training, but I'm more comfortable down in the weeds then up in the clouds. Perhaps that's why my A-10's are always coming home with grass stains! LOL

Hmm...now where to find money for rudder pedals??? :D

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0