Is a gtx 770 4gb and i7 4770k 3.50ghz good for multimonitor?

I am getting an i7 4770k and will only overclock if i absolutely need to.... plus i will get a gtx 770 4gb if anyone can recommend me a good motherboard, ram, HDD and SSD it would help.

i am asking this btw because it will be my first build and i want it to last

Case: http://www.amazon.ca/CM-Storm-Stryker-SGC-5000W-KWN1-Cabinet/dp/B008O2HOI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404422044&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+stryker

GPU: http://www.amazon.ca/Geforce-Displayport-Graphics-Cooler-04G-P4-3776-Kr/dp/B00EIG47JC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404435495&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+770+4gb

also will these run dcs at medium settings on a 27" main 1080p monitor and helios for dcs a-10c running on a 23" touchscreen 1080p?

touchscreen: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-23-led-touchscreen-monitor-23tm-23tm/10272233.aspx?path=253f2936cf834252372fb7b77008bc6den02

also i was wondering if my current pc: gtx 660 1gb, i7 3770 3.40GHz, 8gb ram, 64-bit, win 7 home premium would run this touchscreen and main monitor for now if i lowered some things in dcs?

Edited by Zombiescu

I have only an i5 CPU and also the GTX 770, just with half of the RAM and I use 4 screens (1920x1080 + 1280x1024 + 2x 800x600) with settings on max. Your configuration will work, I'm pretty sure. :)

For main boards I prefer Asus, the sabretooth series are pretty good. Corsair RAM (16GB) and a Samsung 840 Series SSD should do. Concerning HDDs IMO the Western Digital Black are pretty good.

Edited by Aginor

Take a look at 2GB gtx 770 vs 4GB gtx 770 and you will see the 4GB is not any better than the 2GB .I run a 27inch 1920x1200 and a 22inch 1920x1080 touchscreen on my gtx570 with no problems so a gtx770 will run it fine

I have only an i5 CPU and also the GTX 770, just with half of the RAM and I use 4 screens (1920x1080 + 1280x1024 + 2x 800x600) with settings on max. Your configuration will work, I'm pretty sure. :)

For main boards I prefer Asus, the sabretooth series are pretty good. Corsair RAM (16GB) and a Samsung 840 Series SSD should do. Concerning HDDs IMO the Western Digital Black are pretty good.

That pretty much covers it except for a good PSU.

I like Corsair AX series but there are a number of good choices. Look for a nice long warranty from a name brand (i.e. 5 years) and you should be in good shape. Just don't skimp on the PSU cost.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As the others have said, a 4770k is plenty. If all you're going to do is gaming save some cash and go with the i5. You'll see zero difference in gaming performance.

This might be the case with DCS, but the CPU not making any difference is a myth, especially when crossing architecture lines. Most benchmarks on the internet supporting this claim are based on single-player tests. However, multi-player benchmarks have shown that CPU power differences, even ones assumed modest(like going from a 2500k to a 4670k) can pay large dividends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

This might be the case with DCS, but the CPU not making any difference is a myth, especially when crossing architecture lines. Most benchmarks on the internet supporting this claim are based on single-player tests. However, multi-player benchmarks have shown that CPU power differences, even ones assumed modest(like going from a 2500k to a 4670k) can pay large dividends.

But a 2500k and a 4670k have two different architectures so comparing them doesn't make any sense. If you want hyperthreading and a little more L3 cache then the i7 would be worth the extra cost, but it won't make much, if any difference for games. Having a higher cache is better for processes that are easily to guess for queuing up the next set of data for the CPU to process, like video rendering. Games are too irregular most of the time to make much use of the higher cache. Comparing a 4670k and a 4770k, you will see zero difference for DCS. DCS is still a single core (not including the separate thread for sound) so anything more than 2 cores, virtual or real, is excess if we're talking strictly games. I'm fully aware the background processes can be done on the remaining cores so a 4 core with no hyperthreading is still plenty for DCS.

But a 2500k and a 4670k have two different architectures so comparing them doesn't make any sense. If you want hyperthreading and a little more L3 cache then the i7 would be worth the extra cost, but it won't make much, if any difference for games. Having a higher cache is better for processes that are easily to guess for queuing up the next set of data for the CPU to process, like video rendering. Games are too irregular most of the time to make much use of the higher cache. Comparing a 4670k and a 4770k, you will see zero difference for DCS. DCS is still a single core (not including the separate thread for sound) so anything more than 2 cores, virtual or real, is excess if we're talking strictly games. I'm fully aware the background processes can be done on the remaining cores so a 4 core with no hyperthreading is still plenty for DCS.

. Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace

Where never lark, or even eagle flew.

And while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

also i was wondering if my current pc: gtx 660 1gb, i7 3770 3.40GHz, 8gb ram, 64-bit, win 7 home premium would run this touchscreen and main monitor for now if i lowered some things in dcs?

It's worth giving it a go. Also if you can wait for edge to come out and see how other similar systems go it might be worth waiting a little. I have been waiting for edge to come out before i upgrade for a few years now and it has saved me lots of cash . When i do finally get around to building a new system it will be much better than the one I was considering when i first decide to wait.....

You might want to look at the 4690K that's newly out, cheap and as good as the 4770K for DCS.

Edited by Rangi
drunkenness

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.