New Pricing - Steam

I see over 125 views but no posts.

I'm new, so help me out - I bought the p51 - I believe though steam. I also put up $85 for WW2, where I get a p51, etc...

Now I'm not sure I made a wise move to use Steam. I just thought it would be easier to not worry about managing keys, etc...

Now I see a special but not reflected in Steam. Should I just go directly to Eagle Dynamics and purchase the FC3 ???

The model is very confusing, and I see no explanation around here about how this works, what path someone should take, etc....

Thanks!

You can use your STEAM keys with DCS: World standalone [non STEAM] but not the other way round cos Valve stopped it.

It can take a bit of time for price changes to accour.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Ok, so if I bought FC3 directly, I'd have to install DCS World standalone to use it ?

But since I already bought the p51 through Stream, to use the p51, I'd have to run it through DCS World steam.

I wonder how the p51 I bought through WW2 backer will work then ? Like maybe it would be best to switch to non-steam ?

Still a bit confused - but thanks for your response!!!

You can use the STEAM P-51 in World aswel. But if you brought the Mustang From ED you can't use it in STEAM.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

So wait, Steam version of DCS World can not support content purchased from Eagle Dynamics? Is ED planning on continuing to support Steam with further DLC in the future, I noticed the Dora and now the F-86 are available from ED but not on Steam. So if I chose to download DCS World independently of steam, can I transfer my Steam-purchased and installed FC3 onto my new DCS World? I would like to do this anyway just to help out ED, I do not mind if I spend a little more off of Steam just to make sure more of my money spent on modules makes it into ED's pocket rather than Steam's. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So wait, Steam version of DCS World can not support content purchased from Eagle Dynamics? Is ED planning on continuing to support Steam with further DLC in the future, I noticed the Dora and now the F-86 are available from ED but not on Steam. So if I chose to download DCS World independently of steam, can I transfer my Steam-purchased and installed FC3 onto my new DCS World? I would like to do this anyway just to help out ED, I do not mind if I spend a little more off of Steam just to make sure more of my money spent on modules makes it into ED's pocket rather than Steam's. Thanks!

I'm sure ED is going to still sell DLC through Steam, but that's just my opinion.

I thought I read somewhere that the F-86 would be on Steam sometime in August, but don't remember if there was an exact date.

For the other part, you can use keys purchased in Steam and activate them on the standalone version from ED. It just won't work the other way.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip