FC1.1 and training missions

I know this is dumb but, being a good citizen, when I installed FC 1.1 I immediately patched it up to V1.12.

Now I discover that a great many of the training missions can't use v1.12, but require v1.1.

So, in order to do the training missions, do I need to totally uninstall everything, and just put on v1.1? or can I install a new v1.1 in addition to v1.12? and is so how- do I just put it in a different folder? I am somewhat confused by the fact that there are already two lockons in 'Programs' and in the 'Add/Remove' panel.

Anyway, be grateful for any advice....

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

Look in Lock On installation folder... you have a version 1.1 back up (Backup_1.1). Just put the whole content of that folder back to Lock On folder (up one level that is :) ) overwriting all the files and you just got to 1.1. When you want to get to 1.12a just apply the patch again. You can do that safely as much times as you want... just take note that some files may get lost, like if you have a complicated setup for your HOTAS (back up the files from "input" folder as necesarely from 1.12a) or if you apply the skin pack for SU25T that also alterate the graphic.cfg file. Well actualy they are not lost, just modified.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanks Zaelu,

Can you clarify something, though;

Just put the whole content of that folder back to Lock On folder (up one level that is :) ) overwriting all the files and you just got to 1.1.

I'm not sure how to do that. Do you mean rename the folder? Or copy it and replace the Lock-On folder it's currently in with it? Or what? Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks......

Thermaltake View 71 Snow, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, i9-9900K Coffee Lake,8core,16 Thread,3.6 GHz, Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 GB, NZXT Kraken X72 AIO CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid, Win 10

If you look in the back up folder you can recognise folders and files from the Lock On installation folder (the up one level one :P ) so, is quite obvious that they are the old (1.1) versions of those files and folders.

You have select all the folders and files from "Backup_1.1" then hit "copy" (Ctrl+C also tends to work :) ), then up one level (backspace) to get up to Lock On base folder and then hit "paste" (Ctrl+V). The operating system will ask for confirmation to overwritte the files, that is you sign that you didn't get it wrong and you click "OK". When copying was done you are back to 1.1 version. Note that in version 1.12(a) the joystick has an ID number now and when you revert to 1.1 the file is no longer read (I think) and you will have the 1.1 joystick settings. When you go back patching to 1.12a your stick with ID number will be used again.

Sorry if my explanations sounds too "4 n00bs" but at least is more clear.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Your explanation is great, Zaelu. And much appreciated.

Thanks much........

xylem,

I have done all the training missions for the A10 and F-15 using the FC1.12 patch. I was just too lazy to uninstall just to do the training. It's really not all that bad.

All the A10 missions worked fine, even those labeld "For 1.1 Only." There are a couple of the F-15 missions that would not work properly but they worked well enough to get the basic idea of what it was trying to teach. In fact, one F-15 mission gave me a real laugh when the instructor gets painted by a Mig29 and says "Let's turn on the Radar Jammer..." then BOOM! Too late! Oh well!

So, before you peel back to 1.1, you might just try working with 1.12a and see what you think. I haven't tried any of the Russian planes yet so they may not work out as well. It's probably going to be a while before I want to start flying those planes anyway.

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Thanks for the heads up, Snomhf. I'll give it a try.