DCS WWII Rewards

Wags

I am a $30 backer, and I just ordered the Dora for 39.99. It looks to be a great plane that I did order it and support ED/Wags and team with some money.

What ever I can get for my $30 bucks later is a gift from ED/Wags.

Great job every one.

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the majority of peoples posts in this thread, and also say thank you ED for assuming the project and changing the rewards allotted to us to choose the backer planes we would like and adding in beta access on top of that. I think WW2 planes are ok, I will fly them here and there but in the end I backed this Kickstarter just to see ED's popularity grow....so hopefully I can get that F-18 that has been mentioned being worked on once or twice in these forums sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I think my number one key got stuck by some bubblegum or something.

Technically, you get all 6 airplanes, all of them will work in DCS:World, and you get ONE additional DCS module of choice (which should include the WW2 planes), so you've got all your own personal stuff (six airplanes) and one key that you can give to your brother.

Also, if you already own the P51D, you can probably select another second copy of any of the airplanes (instead of the P51D), which you can again gift to your brother. ;)

Maybe the math works. I don't know. I intended to give him 2 planes for WW2, and alpha access to a WW2 environment. The others were just my curiosity about how well they were modeled. I'm really not a flyer, except when I can drag my brother into it. I'm a half-baked modeler who just wants to support other talented people. So, the DCS world doesn't strike much a note for me. I was trying to help Ilya pick himself back up. Obviously, that is no longer possible.

Thanks ED for making the best of a bad situation. I'm not happy, but I accept it.

I asked a little bit more about Alpha, and the answer I got is that it MAY still happen... that is MAY... as in not for sure... they dont want to list it right now if they have to pull it later because the technically cant pull it off.

Still awesome. Could you also ask them to release EDGE this week, please? Maybe we´ll get something this way. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

No, could you please explain?

lets stop this pretending game. any way you look at it 1-10$ is a symbolic contribution level. i'm not going to argue with anyone about how much valuable or non-valuable those low pledges were for this campaign. but the fact is that symbolic contributions are usually rewarded with equally symbolic rewards, like "our deepest virtual thank you!" or a skin or something on that level.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

You dont think 2 modules of your choosing and the Map are not good value for your 50?

Amen. Getting two DCS-level aircraft and the map is a great deal. Getting 6 aircraft for 50 bucks was never going to happen.

dear backers of this project, those who decided to be and stay angry with ED about this debackle, those who keep demanding their hard earned money back.

while ED certainly bears good chunk of responsibility for RRG non delivery or however you want to call it , please take a hard look in the mirror as there you will see someone who is also responsible - You. it was not that hard to see that the rewards promised were non- attainable (how many free planes were prommised to EVERY backer?) and the structure was nothing but solid. on top of that the organization that made those promises did not really bear the best reputation. the only thing that was going for this is ED far far on background. Yet you decided to disregard all the red flags and perform a very stretched leap of faith. Had the campaign end without being funded ED and RRG would have had to step back at look at plan more closely. so instead of demanding money perhaps a pat on your back with "well, i kinda helped this situation to develop" is in order? (i'm obviously not at fault as i pledged only after it was fully funded :P :music_whistling: :))

in any case, welcome to adult world where not all of the investments pay out, and far fetched, too good to be true investments pay out almost never.

with that said i'm quite happy with the resolution ED decided to go with. i don't care for free planes or map so much (as those are only couple cases of beer) but specifically because they retracted the Mustang offer. being awarded a second mustang to me was equal to going "MUHAHAHA! you stupid idiot!" while pointing a finger. so i'm happy ED decided to retract that statement.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Disappointed

I'm a little late to the discussion but I am disappointed with the disbursement of kickstarter pledges. I understand that 2 planes and a map in exchange for my $50 is still a great value, but I was promised and backed for all the planes, I even increased my pledge level to support the stretch for the ME262.

With only 2500 kickstarter backers, I'm sure you have enough of a market left to make considerable amounts of money from the purchase of the WWII modules and map that you could honor the spirit of the campaign and fulfill rewards we were promised.

You say the reward levels were not realistic, and that may be the case, but Kickstarter is very clear to project creators and by extension those that assume/purchase liability thereof that you need to deliver the rewards you promise your backers. There was litigation here in the US that set precedent to that effect as well.

Thank you for taking this project under your wing, but whom should I contact about working out my concerns?

• Like 1

• ED Team

As very little of the project was done, and none of the Kickstarter money remains, its not possible to just say ED will benefit from this, for for a few years anyways.

As for who you should contact... you are in the right spot. Any question you have will be read by ED staff if posted here as they monitor this thread.

I can tell you this has been discussed to death... this is what ED can do, the project is still in progress, the only change is the rewards, which you still get, but at a more realistic level.

Feel free to read over the posts by Wags on the subject to get a better feel for where we are at and why.

I'm a little late to the discussion but I am disappointed with the disbursement of kickstarter pledges. I understand that 2 planes and a map in exchange for my $50 is still a great value, but I was promised and backed for all the planes, I even increased my pledge level to support the stretch for the ME262.

With only 2500 kickstarter backers, I'm sure you have enough of a market left to make considerable amounts of money from the purchase of the WWII modules and map that you could honor the spirit of the campaign and fulfill rewards we were promised.

You say the reward levels were not realistic, and that may be the case, but Kickstarter is very clear to project creators and by extension those that assume/purchase liability thereof that you need to deliver the rewards you promise your backers. There was litigation here in the US that set precedent to that effect as well.

Thank you for taking this project under your wing, but whom should I contact about working out my concerns?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As for who you should contact... you are in the right spot. Any question you have will be read by ED staff if posted here as they monitor this thread.

I am glad that ED are monitoring, and I sincerely hope they take the feedback on board. Speaking only for myself, I just reviewed my order history, and I have spent just a bit under $500 so far on DCS products. Yet I can't help but feel a certain of loss of faith with ED as a result of my feeling somewhat cheated (as I mentioned before, I am a $50 backer), even though the amount at issue is only $10.

To any ED people reading, I respectfully suggest that any amount you "save" by not giving anything in return for my $10 may end up costing you far more than that in the future as a result of my lost goodwill. Just something to consider when weighing options...

Edited by wombat778

I am glad that ED are monitoring, and I sincerely hope they take the feedback on board. Speaking only for myself, I just reviewed my order history, and I have spent just a bit under $500 so far on DCS products. Yet I can't help but feel a certain of loss of faith with ED as a result of my feeling somewhat cheated (as I mentioned before, I am a $50 backer), even though the amount at issue is only $10.

To any ED people reading, I respectfully suggest that any amount you "save" by not giving anything in return for my $10 may end up costing you far more than that in the future as a result of my lost goodwill. Just something to consider when weighing options...

And that folks is a well worded, well stated statement of disappointment / complaint. (Along with the previous posting) I think anyone can understand the point of view and the reasoning... Well done sir!

Others would do well to take a good look at this post as this is how it should be done.. Rather than bludgeoning Sith with multiple pages of rude crap and threats of litigation (Really? Folks really think that with a $1 pledge you have a legal case? UNREAL! LOL)

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Can't we just compile a FAQ of the reoccuring same 2-3 questions? It is getting a bit tiring ...

That might work, with some additional safeguards. One must read the FAQ, and then pass the self-paced content quiz at the end, for posting privileges to be enabled. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That might work, with some additional safeguards. One must read the FAQ, and then pass the self-paced content quiz at the end, for posting privileges to be enabled. ;)

Yeah, some sort of captcha.

"Please answer the following questions to get posing rights for this thread.

1. How many flyables were you initially entitled to get when your pledge amount was 63.22 USD?

[ ] Seven. Plus B-17 bomber pre-alpha access.

[x] Only Ilya knows ...

[x] Including or excluding shipping fees?

2. I pledged 1.00 USD plus 59.00 USD shipping fees. How many physical, leather bound, personally signed flight manual copies will I get.

[x] Lol, u serious?

3. Where can I place my pledge? Or am I too late?

[ ] Give me your email address and I send you my bank account details. Contact me at flagrum@reallynoscam.com

4. If I wanted to sue someone, who would be apropriate?

[ ] RRG

[ ] ED

[x] YOUR MOMMA"

"Sorry, you have to answer all questions. Try again?"

:D

Edited by Flagrum
  • Like 3

Yeah, some sort of captcha.

"Please answer the following questions to get posing rights for this thread.

1. How many flyables were you initially entitled to get when your pledge amount was 63.22 USD?

[ ] Seven. Plus B-17 bomber pre-alpha access.

[x] Only Ilya knows ...

[x] Including or excluding shipping fees?

2. I pledged 1.00 USD plus 59.00 USD shipping fees. How many physical, leather bound, personally signed flight manual copies will I get.

[x] Lol, u serious?

3. Where can I place my pledge? Or am I too late?

[ ] Give me your email address and I send you my bank account details. Contact me at flagrum@reallynoscam.com

4. If I wanted to sue someone, who would be aproriate?

[ ] RRG

[ ] ED

[x] YOUR MOMMA"

"Sorry, you have to answer all questions. Try again?"

:D

I'd like to add:

5. Before discussing a potential for litigation and the merits of your case on an internet forum - have you ever received your Juris Doctor, passed the Bar Exam and become a licensed attorney?

[ ] No, but I've seen "A Few Good Men" a couple times and you can't handle the truth!

[ ] WTF is "Juris Doctor", is that like "Doctor Who"?

[X] I went to a bar on Friday night, does that count?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone