Black Shark Poll

Black Shark Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Black Shark Poll

• Awesome! Just what I wanted!
    • I'm looking forward to it.
    • Meh. It's something new. I might like it.
    • I'll buy it, but not because of the helo.
    • I'm not wasting my money on it. I like planes.

I myself feel that lo-mac fell short of many times, but it's one hell of a mud-moving platform in my opinion.

And when it comes to busting tanks, I feel that a chopper would be just great. Any chopper would do, I wouldn't mind if it was an Apache, Cobra, Hind or what not. I just really and badly want a chopper!

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

I don’t know if there has ever been a high fidelity helicopter simulator for PC? I played Longbow for months and Longbow was arcade like game, much closer to game then to simulator. Black Shark will be opposite, and that is much closer to simulator then to a game.

My older son is crazy about helicopters as well.

I am really looking forward to Black Shark.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yep- LOMAC isn't finished- but I'm not sure it could ever be 100%.. My opinion is that as long as Eagle continually improves upon existing issues, most of us will continue to fund that by purchasing the new products.

I find it particularly troublesome how poorly lomac runs (at times) on some really kickazz machines.. Little stupid STUPID things bringing the sim to a crawl... The very notion that lomac reaps no benefits at all from HT, dual core, sli, etc.. it's just plain asinine.

As long I see serious progress, I will continue to support them. I know it isn't cheap or easy- I get it.. I don't have infinite patience for it- but I get it.

My motives to aquire black shark are the Online compatibility and the hopes of getting stuff fixed. I hope they eventualy give WAFM to more missiles than the vikhr on following patches. Thats a precious feature to me.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I would happily pay for an add-on that gave WAFM and AFM to the existing fast movers ... plus fixing TWS! I'm sure the helo will be fun, but A2A is the big pull for me.

But I guess this will be the last add-on to LO ... and ED need to do something that will sell to more than just the hard-core detail freaks ... so it has to be a new plane, and given that the Russians distributor is paying, a Russian one at that ... ho hum!

In the future I hope ED makes titles and then dont turn around the priority of development torwards a theme that was not the games original reason "d'etre".

Lomac was all about Jets. They havent been finished or have serious issues to solve and before they got fixed, a Helicopter takes the priority. SO the originals game intended content will be somewhat defeated.

Dont get me wrong, It will be curious to try a helicopter out and ED has done a stellar job at flight dynamics, but I think that should have been donne for tank killers only. LOMAC was not made for ground war immersion and should have had AFM and WAFM first. Nothing that would have stopped ED from their integrated continuous software development, but rather swaped the order of things to do.

Just my 2 cents. :)

My PC specs below:

the problem is.. I think ED is missing the boat.

Fighter OPS will be out by then, and the way it's shaping up will leave ED behind. (except for in the CIS)

ED has to solidify it's customer base now.. instead of later. They could get so much more people...if they fixed everything that is currently in the product, (not even talking about AFM yet).

SO instead of fixing what needs to be fixed, they have opted for the "new book cover" approach.

I guess they think were that stupid.

If you rolled out the KA-50 addon.. great, but fix existing problems in prior releases that your merging this product into should be number one. This way customers are willing to stay in the LO world.

I myself will not fall in the "maybe KA50 addon will fix - xxxx" trap.

It's us lying to ourselves and since ED stands to make money on that attitude, they say nothing to correct it.

like I said.. bad business model.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Brett

I'll get it to be up to date and oline compatible, but i'd like F-16 better.

I'm sure i'll like it, but there are things i'd like more than a choper.

Anyway, i hope it sells like hell, more money to ED, more titles we get ;)

Fighter OPS will be out by then, and the way it's shaping up will leave ED behind. (except for in the CIS)

I think you "ass-U-me" (like someone else once said) too much. FO is very ambitious but so far they didnt even release a DEMO wich was due to fall last year. FO team has much more to build while ED will use the current code development for the next 2 titles.

Its decieving to think that FO as one product alone will be faster to develop than ED next 2 SIM's. Infact FO has more features intended for that single SIM than ED future SIM's put together, and much less to start from.

Dont count on flying F-16's in FO in the next 4 years. According to what they say about terrain detail and FM theres no PC on earth capable of handling it. That itself is indicating how long in the fututure it will be run on, then, contempranean PC's.

My PC specs below:

LO is turning into a A2G focused product ... and for me, and many people who play on-line, A2A is the buzz - jousting at Mach 1.

A2G, while fun doesn't work so well online ... especially with such a poor scenario engine. You run out of targets and lets be honest, you'll never recreate big ground battles on PC hardware in the level of detail that the sim is aiming for ... and people running around will always be missing in anything but a token few!

But A2A, LO is so close! The bits are mostly there ... stick to a time frame 1990s where you can get good documentation and do it to the best detail posible. Finish off the 15s radar, WAFMs, AFMs, new models for 27, add a NATO strike plane ... add better weather modelling, improve AI, improve scenario engine ...

But it ain't going to happen :( bflagg, you are right, 1.2 ain't going to fix anything I'm interested in ...

I think you "ass-U-me" (like someone else once said) too much. FO is very ambitious but so far they didnt even release a DEMO wich was due to fall last year. FO team has much more to build while ED will use the current code development for the next 2 titles.

Its decieving to think that FO as one product alone will be faster to develop than ED next 2 SIM's. Infact FO has more features intended for that single SIM than ED future SIM's put together, and much less to start from.

Dont count on flying F-16's in FO in the next 4 years. According to what they say about terrain detail and FM theres no PC on earth capable of handling it. That itself is indicating how long in the fututure it will be run on, then, contempranean PC's.

... the "ass-U-Me" was me on the UBI forums when LO came out.

(even tho the saying has been around for centuries i'd guess)

Look.. I do fear FO will turn into another F16/Falcon4 smoke hole that the history of falcon devs have done.

But it doesn't appear this way, as you suggest.

In Fact they have been very upfront on what they are doing and what the customer can expect initially. Trainer first. Flight Acadamy type training... then a fighter (16/15/a10 ...don't remember right now).

ED's comminications ablities on this side of the language barrier has been spotty at best.

When they do respond it's selective and everyone goes...." Ohhhhh ... ahhhhh....... thank you!.. what about...."

It's the same old diatribe.

FO to date haven't done smoke screen or mirrors like UBI/ED did back in 03 with LockON. (did you all forget?)

The thing the FO is shooting for is realism. ED doesn't and that appears to be their business model, tho we may hear otherwise. The proof is in the product.

ED can mass produce tons add ons, but if everything brings your PC to a crawl, infects your machine with it's protection measures, and opperability of the aircraft are either flat out wrong (i can only speak for the 15) or oversimplified to the point, the word "sim" is a very general label, then it's still broken.

The KA-50 maybe the shiznitz and all that snoop dog stuff.. but everything else is the limiting factor.

I am still considering it's purchase, just for curiosity sake with their interface with the 'copter.

The only reason why I play LO is the interface when I'm "flying" the 15.

All other Flight sims suck in comparison. In this aspect ED hit it right on the nose and did a great job.

I am not trying to start a fight, but discuss what ED is doing here and why I think they are wrong leaving it's current class of customers out in the cold.

If you counter and even wish to discuss (to learn), you are met with the famous russian stoicism and hardline approach (has happened to me quite a few times on this forum).

If I'm wrong here with my viewpoint.. then so be it.. I try to learn something new each day.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Brett

bflagg you missed my post entirely. I spoke of development time, and reasons why I dont believe ED' future produts will be shadowed by FO. thats all.

LO DEV's had always been very communicative and we dont have to pay anything for it. ;)

My PC specs below:

I think you're a bit wrong about FO. Concerning the demo, that was back in the time where G2I was in charge of the developpement. Things have changed greatly since then, it's a whole new project.

And considering developping time, they don't really have much less to start from. They didn't start from scratch, they bought the X-Plane engine and modded it up to now. That's quite a good base. Plus they have a large team of developpers and they have plenty of experts and pilots on board. By looking at their developper's diary, you can see that great progress is made each month. Do not underestimate them, they really know what they're doing (and I'm not saying that ED isn't).

I don't want to start another FO vs lomac war....just wanted to clear some facts.

Fighter OPS will be out by then, and the way it's shaping up will leave ED behind.

Bah hahahahaha aha ha

Ok seriously though...

He hehehheheeehe

Alright, I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

AHHH hahahaha hahaHAHA

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Bah hahahahaha aha ha

Ok seriously though...

He hehehheheeehe

Alright, I'm sorry. I'm sorry...

AHHH hahahaha hahaHAHA

:)

LOBS will be out soon (5/15/06 at simware) and FO is on schedule (as stated by FO on their forums) for trainer release this year.

FO has been in the works for 11/2 years now.

ED has yet to implement aspects that were listed on the original retail box from 3+ years ago!!!

Thanks,

Brett

bflagg you missed my post entirely. I spoke of development time, and reasons why I dont believe ED' future produts will be shadowed by FO. thats all.

LO DEV's had always been very communicative and we dont have to pay anything for it. ;)

then I misunderstood your post....

sorry 'bout that.

But I stand by view point about FO will be better because of the realism aspect they are shooting for....

Where with LO and it's current form is arbritrary at best.

on a small side not.. ED stated they are going to put out a F16 with AFM etc...etc..

Will the avionics be like F4? or the oversimplified and inaccurate versions we are using now?

Thanks,

Brett

then I misunderstood your post....

sorry 'bout that.

But I stand by view point about FO will be better because of the realism aspect they are shooting for....

Where with LO and it's current form is arbritrary at best.

on a small side not.. ED stated they are going to put out a F16 with AFM etc...etc..

Will the avionics be like F4? or the oversimplified and inaccurate versions we are using now?

169th_Ice PROMISED in another thread that Falcon4 fans will be impressed by the level of avionics/switchology in BlackShark. If that is true, then the same should hold true for an F16 sim, if one is made.

AFAIK, ED hasn't officially committed to anything after BlackShark.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I haven't read the ICE thread...

But as you suggest, it would stand to reason that the 16 will have AFM and better avionics from their KA-50 experiance. But their history of realism has proven to be far off....

Don't you remember hearing about their CEO? talking about what's instore for LOC about 6 mo ago?

Thanks,

Brett

Don't you remember hearing about their CEO? talking about what's instore for LOC about 6 mo ago?

No. I recall seeing a thread posted by Wags, I believe (don't quote me on that), which said anything after Black Shark is "pie in the sky."

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I heard that too...but the CEO statement was on a russian website and I had to babelfish to read it.

I wasn't the only who commented on it back then.

now that I rethink this...it was longer than 6 mo ago.

Begginning of last year sounds 'bout right...

Thanks,

Brett