Black Shark Poll

Black Shark Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Black Shark Poll

• Awesome! Just what I wanted!
    • I'm looking forward to it.
    • Meh. It's something new. I might like it.
    • I'll buy it, but not because of the helo.
    • I'm not wasting my money on it. I like planes.

Has there been any in game shots of FighterOps? I just wondered as I've not seen any online and find it odd if its that close to release and that they already had a game engine.

they have stated later this year..

and yes they do have an engine... X-Plane v8 (modified for jet FM)

Thanks,

Brett

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=14011 See post #8 by Wags (posted on 02-19-2006).

"What happens after Black Shark is still very much up in the air. While "Tank Killers" is still a possibility, I would not bank on anything at this time.

-Matt"

thanks hawg...

I heard this on the forums, but never saw Wags post per se...

So even then, after LOBS...the F16 is not definative....and by then FO should have a product.....(I just had to throw that back in :p )

Thanks,

Brett

they have stated later this year..

and yes they do have an engine... X-Plane v8 (modified for jet FM)

That's what I meant, they already have a game engine so why no shots yet? I hope they do get to release something, my interest in what they are doing has got me tinkering with the idea of getting X-Plane as well but the dev team was born out of such a mess (the whole G2i saga) I'm still a little sceptical. If they do get to release I'm sure they will have a customer here, IMO there can never be enough flight sim developers so the few we have I like to support. Has anything like in game shots been released to Area 51 customers yet?

That's what I meant, they already have a game engine so why no shots yet? I hope they do get to release something, my interest in what they are doing has got me tinkering with the idea of getting X-Plane as well but the dev team was born out of such a mess (the whole G2i saga) I'm still a little sceptical. If they do get to release I'm sure they will have a customer here, IMO there can never be enough flight sim developers so the few we have I like to support. Has anything like in game shots been released to Area 51 customers yet?

no ingame screenies.... any screenies they have available are in the Area51 forums...

They attention to detail is quite astounding... (not just aircraft either). "Buckshot" states they are close...

As for the Engine...it's a prop sim engine, and they're customizing it for Jet Aircraft....

Just go to xplane web site for a general idea of what it's to look like.

Due to the agreement of being a member...I don't think I can discuss anything beyond this...

I will say of the screenies they are sharing with area51 members, some are just great. Even the proof of concept ones....

Thanks,

Brett

the problem is.. I think ED is missing the boat.

Fighter OPS will be out by then, and the way it's shaping up will leave ED behind. (except for in the CIS)

If it is out when Black Shark is released, FO will be a training simulation, not an adversary combat simulation so we are talking 2 VERY different products.

Black Shark is a true study sim of the Ka-50... Eagle dynamic's first true study sim and it's paving the way for study sims of other great military machines.

I'm blown away with the depth of what they have done in the Ka-50 at even this early stage.

no ingame screenies.... any screenies they have available are in the Area51 forums...

They attention to detail is quite astounding... (not just aircraft either). "Buckshot" states they are close...

As for the Engine...it's a prop sim engine, and they're customizing it for Jet Aircraft....

Just go to xplane web site for a general idea of what it's to look like.

Due to the agreement of being a member...I don't think I can discuss anything beyond this...

I will say of the screenies they are sharing with area51 members, some are just great. Even the proof of concept ones....

I find it hard to rationalize your comments directed at ED and their way of communicating when it's clear that there is a language barrier (the fact that their business is mainly directed at the Russian market) and yet you are quite happy to pay to get information from XSi which other developers give freely. I find comments like

If you counter and even wish to discuss (to learn), you are met with the famous russian stoicism and hardline approach

loathsome and xenophobic, more so when you go trotting back to the FighterOps forum to say the same thing.

I'm sorry S77th-GOYA, I wished this thread could have just concentrated on the good things to come.

Here are some early screenies of FO's terrain. At one point, they were on the FO forum. Then all terrain shots went over to Area51.

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/fighter_ops/screenshots.html

BFlagg, x-plane is not only a prop-sim. It models larger jets quite well.

What x-plane doesn't do well is:

-model FBW/SAS/CAS systems (inhehrent in most modern fighters).

-High Alpha scenarios

-Trans-sonic/Supersonic flight dynamics

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Anything can look good from high altitude... have they shown any in game pics of the low level terrain detail?

Hehe, back when FO had screenies on their general forum, I was one of the first to complain about how bad the terrain looked down low (same problem as x-plane).

I don't have a membership to Area51, and I know those who have memberships probably can't talk about it, but my guess is the low-level terrain still looks pretty lousy.

Even though we went a bit off topic, I feel alot of interesting information was passed along in this thread. I see that as a good thing.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Hey guys, just to clear up a couple of quick things, the FO terrain was replaced simply because it didn't look good enough down low. The new terrain system is coming along well and will look great at all altitudes.

As for in-game shots, limited shots were released to Area51 of the current prototype in December last year. The main problem with releasing prototype shots at the moment, is that the terrain development is still occuring outside of the prototype so the place holder terrain in there now is not representitive of the final product. Expect that to change in the coming months.

As for the age old claim of Fighter Ops fans needing to pay for what other sims give for free, nothing could be further from the truth. If you are really interested in the truth about that little myth, then this thread may provide some insight http://www.fighterops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4233

I'll certainly buy 1.2, without a doubt. If nothing more than to support ED and their building of flight sims.

But my interest will wane considerably if follow on projects do not have some sort of "replayability" engine (Read - Dynamic Misison or Campaign Builder) added on. ED has already said that it is planned for follow on projects so I am optimistic, but I also have a side that says, "I will believe it when I see it". If nothing else, give Swingkid full support so he can build his project (Skywars 2) and allow that support to continue so he can make it work with each project, or build one themselves, but this reliance on the community for canned missions and campaigns makes LOMAC an also ran, though at the top of the also ran list ,with Janes F-18, though JF-18 had more tools in it's Mission Builder to simulate a living world.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

loathsome...xenophobic....

I am neither loathsome nor xenophobic....and leave it at that.

You're relatively new here.. you will experience the stone wall effect sooner or later. It's not derogatory,,,nor meant to be. It's just fact.

I've now heard from 3 seperate people here on this thread that the KA-50 is going to be all that and would hope the product comes to fruition as reported by Ice, Hawg, and Shep's posts. (all three I respect as being level headed and knowledgeable folks as shown by their posts).

Eveyone please understand that I have my misgivings and pessimistic viewpoints, because I have heard similar stuff before when LO first released, and during posts since then and none has been realized.

But as for the poll.. I stand by my feelings. KA-50 doesn't fix the 15.. so this product won't be on my must have list....but is in the may check it out list.

Thanks Buckshot for chipping in and correcting my wrong info....

Thanks,

Brett

But my interest will wane considerably if follow on projects do not have some sort of "replayability" engine (Read - Dynamic Misison or Campaign Builder) added on. ED has already said that it is planned for follow on projects so I am optimistic, but I also have a side that says, "I will believe it when I see it".

I said nearly the same thing on the UBI forums back in '03 when LO:MAC first released.

Thanks,

Brett

I'm sorry S77th-GOYA, I wished this thread could have just concentrated on the good things to come.

I didn't start this thread to concentrate on good or bad. Simply everyone's opinions.

I do have a question for those that answered "Just what I wanted": You wanted a helo and not an airplane, but you bought LOMAC because there were no helo sims?

Well I voted and since so many opinions going around I might add this. I am looking very much forward to the Black Shark. For me, its another first....in the way that I always admired the flight sims but it was Lock on that made me jump in. Even though its been bumpy as hell its the best out there. So Black Shark will be my first chopper sim. I think BS will be the best out there too. I think its going to offer a first time or a vet chopper pilot something that is totally new and WORTH playing. Thats what makes gaming companys succesful. Look at what Blizzard entertainment did..... Anyways I thought Id throw in a first time comment about Black Shark as I have always wanted to fly a chopper too I think this is going to be cool. The quality and talent behind it all won my sincere appreciation. Cheers!!!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Thanks for the input Buckshot!

Looks like I jumped the gun on that comment...

... looking at the way Buckshot voted it seems he has no interest in supporting another sim developer... http://forum.lockon.ru/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=134

That alone says a lot about you Buckshot and it also reflects on your product and your team.

I expected much more from you.

I didn't start this thread to concentrate on good or bad. Simply everyone's opinions.

I do have a question for those that answered "Just what I wanted": You wanted a helo and not an airplane, but you bought LOMAC because there were no helo sims?

What I have always wanted was to see Eagle reach their potential with a study sim and with Black Shark we get that... plus the ability to operate fast and slow jets all with individual avionics modeling... it's never been done before.