Black Shark Poll

Black Shark Poll  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Black Shark Poll

• Awesome! Just what I wanted!
    • I'm looking forward to it.
    • Meh. It's something new. I might like it.
    • I'll buy it, but not because of the helo.
    • I'm not wasting my money on it. I like planes.

I will enjoy the KA-50 very much as sometimes lock-on is a release of reality and just fly around in a make believe world. Not every time I play I am so focused on a "combat" mission. Just flying. This will be a pleasure with a highly detailed Ka-50.

One of my favorites sims since my gaming started was Longbow 2. Countless hours were spent flying multiplayer with one of my friends in the days of dail-up and using your telephone with a headset as voice comms. What a blast that was.

So, I do like Helos, and I like Jets. Really wished we could have seen in this release( Black Shark ) was to complete the AFM for all russian harware. That in itself I would have paid for and would keep me firmly planted in my chair with joysticks in my hands. I know there would be some upset F-15/A-10 pilots but, eventhough I live in the USA, I like and accept the fact that ED has only so much resource about Airframe Data. And also, I do like the Russian birds.

So to conclude my thoughts I am happy to see progress since this probably will be the last stage of lockon. Where I am left is, I wish in this last stage at least all Russian Aircraft had AFM. That to me(my opinion only) would be the final touch and to end this series with a "Bang". Guess I will not be able to land on a Carrier in a beautiful Su-33 with AFM :( Ever. Such a Pity

Future: Really hope that ED will take a close look at upcoming technology with their products. After being told many times from members of ED that lock-on could not be advanced in technology, build your next product with that in mind. Shader Model 4 will be out, DirectX 10 will be out, HDR is out. Better use of SLI. A different sound engine. Probably the most important is Dual Core Support. SMP is not going away, if anything it is the future. Not just keep using Directx8.1 with the previous code. It was good, it has it's fame, now move to the next level.

Thank you,

Monnie

Dual Core Poll Please Vote

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

That alone says a lot about you Buckshot and it also reflects on your product and your team.

I expected much more from you.

Umm how do you draw that bow??

The poll is asking for a personal opinion in regards to whether I am interested in a helicopter simulation.

How does that reflect on me, let alone the product and the fighterops team?

Because I don't particularly care for helicopter simulations I'm a lesser person?? because I don't care for a helicopter simulation, the entire fighterops team are somehow tainted??, come on now you have to admit that is a pretty silly statement to make.

As I replied to the post you made on our forums, I have purchased a couple of helicopter sims in the past, but my primary passion has been, and will likely continue to be fixed wing. If black shark really stands out to me I'll likely buy it, but to be brutally honest, my investment so far in lock on products hasn't really been money well spent, apart from the fact of supporting another flight sim development team. For that reason I gave an honest answer to the poll, that I would currently consider it unlikely, based on the fact that it is a helicopter simulation, and based on my current expectations, that I would purchase black shark. I would be glad to be proved wrong.

So, I do like Helos, and I like Jets. Really wished we could have seen in this release( Black Shark ) was to complete the AFM for all russian harware. That in itself I would have paid for and would keep me firmly planted in my chair with joysticks in my hands. I know there would be some upset F-15/A-10 pilots but, eventhough I live in the USA, I like and accept the fact that ED has only so much resource about AIrframe Data. And also, I do like the Russian birds.

/Some/ upset? How about an uproar? ... way to make a good part of the LOMAC community feel dissed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hummm,

Why does this happen in such wonderful threads?

Buckshot,

thank you for your honest opinion and all the professional input you offer. Your head has always been level as you fully explain your position with tact. Good work.

Shepski,

Wether he likes Helos or not, has he not been nice when at the forum? I expected more from you than to dig up his opinion and throw it in his face as a charactor flaw. He likes jets. I like both, You like both. Are the other 3 gentlemen that voted in that category tainted?

Thank you,

Monnie

• Like 1

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

/Some/ upset? How about an uproar? ... way to make a good part of the LOMAC community feel dissed.

Something is better than nothing? Who wins in the end if AFM were to be added?

I understand your point GG. I really do. But from my understanding, AFM is not possible with the F-15 or A-10 ( I wish they had AFM also, I fly both) because of limited data about these airframes. Correct me if I am wrong please Sir.

All I was trying to say is, if the data can be had, and it was only for the Russian Hardware, it would be better than only having it for the Su-25 and Ka-50. Yes, I would perfer it for every Airframe, trust me !!

Thank you,

Monnie

Yes Sir, you are wrong. AFM info for those AC is available :)

It's a matter of time/timing/resources and fairness from here on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Still say LOMAC's a great sim which is handicapped by poor performance on high end mc's and lack of a good mission editor. Need to addr these on either

LOMAC or the next product to move forward. Same things been said since early Flanker days.

Yes Sir, you are wrong. AFM info for those AC is available :)

It's a matter of time/timing/resources and fairness from here on.

I stand corrected and here by this moment wish in the end of this series that all Airframes included AFM before the next project by ED. Thank you for clearing up my misconception about data on these Aircraft.

I would fly the A-10 and F-15 more if they included the AFM for sure as well as some of the avionics problems with the F-15 were to be corrected.

Maybe I should start a poll of how many users would pay for a AFM update for all Aircraft. Think that would get us closer to our goal GG? I am trying that with dual core to show the hard facts for ED to look at.

Thank you,

Monnie

Umm how do you draw that bow??

The poll is asking for a personal opinion in regards to whether I am interested in a helicopter simulation.

How does that reflect on me, let alone the product and the fighterops team?

Seeing how little there is in the way of development of modern combat simulations today I would expect that you see Black Shark as more then *just* a helicopter simulation and in that you would, as a developer, throw your support behind Eagle Dynamics and what they are trying to accomplish with it rather then just brushing it off as a " I'm not wasting my money on it. I like planes.".

When you represent the group that you do, your opinion counts more then you might think... especially when it's public.

Beyond a helicopter simulation, what is it?

It's evolution Goya... it's not just the piece of equipment you fly, it's the technology and the limits being pushed in the development and as a developer, Buckshot should be looking at it that way rather then Eagle's efforts being a waste of money. His vote would be like me saying that Fighter Ops will be a waste of money because I don't want to have to go through the training on a Turbo-Texan. Although I don't agree with Area 51 I would never say that I don't support FO because I will when the time comes because of what they are trying to accomplish in this small community.

Area 51 is a choice. You don't have to join. It is also a way to make revenue for a team that has never had revenue and is trying to make a benchmark sim. It replaces the revenue from a publisher. These days you have to get money where you can to pay for the tools of the trade that you need to accomplish your goal. Without that revenue (and investors) then you wouldn't be able to set such lofty goals and put up a high quality, "Hard Core" sim.

• Like 1

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Obviously with any poll, you choose the answer which best fits your personal opinion. Waste of money is not something I would have said, and as I have indicated in subsequent posts, I have supported LOMAC in the past, and if Black Shark interests me in any way, I'll support it. I generally don't purchase civilian sims, or PS2 arcade sims for the exact same reason, attacking me and the fighter ops team for that stance would be just as misplaced as attacking me and the fighterops team in relation to a helicopter sim I may or may not purchase. I don't have an unlimitted personal budget, if I did, yeah sure I might support every game developer out there, but I don't, so I have to use a little more discretion in my personal spending.

WOW Mark, that was a low blow. Buckshot gave his PERSONAL opinion. Just like you have your opinion about Area 51. Should he shove that in your face and say that it reflects badly upon you as a person, a beta tester (part of the dev team), and a moderator for Black Shark/LOMAC forums? Hardly my friend. We all have our PERSONAL opinions and he gave it. Just as you did about Area 51, but no one questioned your character. I can't believe you stooped that low! :(

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Originally Posted by S77th-GOYA

Beyond a helicopter simulation, what is it?

I'm surprised at your question.

Obviously it's technology proving. The 6DOF, advanced avionics, navigation, system modeling, The beginings of WAFM, clickable cokpit etc are all directly applicable to any future planes they model.

Also I don't see anything wrong with Shepski suggesting that someone in as influential a position as Buckshot making public statements might like to look beyond their personal preferences to the larger flight sim "strategic" position & offer support for a sim even if he doesn't like the particular aircraft being modelled.

Cheers.

It is also a product that hasn't been seen since 2000 when EECH was released.............a Hi Fidelity Chopper sim with all those advanced technologies and such. Black Shark is very important to flight simming and the ED line of flight sims as they add more and more to each product.

Dusty Rhodes

Waste of money is not something I would have said,

But you did with no further clarification in the thread... I wasn't attacking you and the FO team, I was simply expressing my disappointment with your vote and what it literally meant.

You represent FO and with that comes a lot of responsibilty in public forums... believe me, I know. Better get used to it now because when FO hits the shelves it only escalates.

Well that goes for you to as a Moderator and ED Beta Tester Mark! You represent ED and with that comes a lot of responsibility in public forums. Sound familiar? I can't believe you are lecturing him on his responsibility and you did the same exact thing he did.........gave your PERSONAL negative opinion on their Area 51. This thread needs to be closed. You are taking shots at someone, Mark, and that is highly inappropriate as a Moderator and a representative of ED, on a public forum, which you moderate no less!

Dusty Rhodes

• ED Team
I am neither loathsome nor xenophobic....and leave it at that.

You're relatively new here.. you will experience the stone wall effect sooner or later. It's not derogatory,,,nor meant to be. It's just fact.

I've now heard from 3 seperate people here on this thread that the KA-50 is going to be all that and would hope the product comes to fruition as reported by Ice, Hawg, and Shep's posts. (all three I respect as being level headed and knowledgeable folks as shown by their posts).

Eveyone please understand that I have my misgivings and pessimistic viewpoints, because I have heard similar stuff before when LO first released, and during posts since then and none has been realized.

But as for the poll.. I stand by my feelings. KA-50 doesn't fix the 15.. so this product won't be on my must have list....but is in the may check it out list.

Thanks Buckshot for chipping in and correcting my wrong info....

I don't know if it will satisfy you a bit, but at least we know now what exactly must be done in the F-15C. Of course I mean the info availability (as usual when I am writing something there :) ). It can not be just 'fixed' - too much things to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Well that goes for you to as a Moderator and ED Beta Tester Mark! You represent ED and with that comes a lot of responsibility in public forums. Sound familiar? I can't believe you are lecturing him on his responsibility and you did the same exact thing he did.........gave your PERSONAL negative opinion on their Area 51. This thread needs to be closed. You are taking shots at someone, Mark, and that is highly inappropriate as a Moderator and a representative of ED!

Easy there Dusty... Area 51 is not Fighter Ops and like I said, I have every intention of supporting Fighter Ops.

Thanks for the lecture though. ;)

Hehe, well I wasn't under the impression that every vote needed full clarification. I do understand where you are coming from in that it may look to someone that I was indeed saying that black shark was a waste of money, which I don't agree with. I do think you went a little overboard though in your comments, and I certainly apologise if anyone mistook my vote to mean that and was offended. I hope my explanations here dispell any thoughts along those lines. I continue to have a good relationship with some of the original developers of LOMAC. I believe they certainly had a great vision for the product, unfortunately due to corporate realities those visions didn't come to fruition, but I hope ED are able to gradually bring LOMAC to what it could be. I'll continue to support them as they develop the jet combat portion of the simulation further, and like I said I possibly will purchase Black Shark, it's just not currently something high on my priority list. If it turns out to be as good as some predict, I'll likely still purchase it even though I'm not interested in that side of PC flight simulation.

Jeez....

Look at the poll option available for people who simply don't have any interest in the Black Shark add-on....

I'm not wasting my money on it. I like planes.

....it's hardly the best worded option. Not desiring a helo-sim is one thing, but that hardly means they think it's a 'waste of money' and all that implies.

Re-word the poll with some less suggestive language.

Area 51 is part of XSI and Fighter Ops, Mark. Not a lecture, but more disbelief that someone I respect holds a double standard for themselves when it comes to voicing your PERSONAL opinion. It is OK for you but not for someone else? C'mon Mark! :(

Dusty Rhodes

Hehe, well I wasn't under the impression that every vote needed full clarification...[/Quote]

It does for a man in your position.

...I do think you went a little overboard though in your comments, and I certainly apologise if anyone mistook my vote to mean that and was offended. I hope my explanations here dispell any thoughts along those lines. I continue to have a good relationship with some of the original developers of LOMAC. I believe they certainly had a great vision for the product, unfortunately due to corporate realities those visions didn't come to fruition, but I hope ED are able to gradually bring LOMAC to what it could be.

Good to hear Julian... my reaction was a little dramatic, sorry to offend, but that comes from being involved with Eagle Dynamics for almost a decade... man I can't believe it's been that long!

:beer:

Area 51 is part of XSI and Fighter Ops, Mark. Not a lecture, but more disbelief that someone I respect holds a double standard for themselves when it comes to voicing your PERSONAL opinion. It is OK for you but not for someone else? C'mon Mark! :(

Dusty,

Area 51 is a philosophy that I don't agree with but it is certainly not Fighter Ops. Me, as a representative of Eagle, not supporting Area 51 in no way tarnishes the Fighter Ops product. If I publicly said that I would never support FO then you would have an argument.