Use 2nd monitor as a manual?

Hiya all.. I was wondering if it was possible to use my second monitor (touchscreen) with pdf manuals on them whilst flying dcs? i tried it but everytime i want to change page on the pdf it minimizes dcs on my main monitor. Is there anyway around this?

Windowed mode? That the only way of doing it?

Yes. That is the way Windows works.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ohwell i will just have to use my tablet instead..

That is what I would do.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seems a waste of a second monitor though when using fc3 aircraft though. Its ok when using the a10 as i run helios on it.

Ah well, I am in the same boat. For that matter, my entire flight rig is idle if I am playing a non-flight game. ;)

Hi,

My main monitor is 1920*1080, my second is 1280*1024

For DCS I use my second monitor as "desktop", without any problems or performance impact or minimizing DCS

PDF / Word / Excel / Firefox / youtube / ...

One time : DCS -> Options -> disable "FULL SCREEN"

DCS still will be full screen

:smartass: Install and always run "Dual Monitor Taskbar" when using the second monitor or something equal

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortb

You can configure programs in Dual Monitor Taskbar or go this way ( you can handle / open everything with the explorer ) :

Open the Windows-Explorer and Firefox or IE and move the windows to the second monitor

Configure for the DCS-Moduls you are playing under Options / Controls a joystick-button for "Active Pause"

LShift+LWin+Pause on / off

Hi,

My main monitor is 1920*1080, my second is 1280*1024

For DCS I use my second monitor as "desktop", without any problems or performance impact or minimizing DCS

PDF / Word / Excel / Firefox / youtube / ...

One time : DCS -> Options -> disable "FULL SCREEN"

DCS still will be full screen

:smartass: Install and always run "Dual Monitor Taskbar" when using the second monitor or something equal

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortb

You can configure programs in Dual Monitor Taskbar or go this way ( you can handle / open everything with the explorer ) :

Open the Windows-Explorer and Firefox or IE and move the windows to the second monitor

Configure for the DCS-Moduls you are playing under Options / Controls a joystick-button for "Active Pause"

LShift+LWin+Pause on / off

You sir are a star thanks. Will try when i finish work..