DCS WWII: 1944 FAQ Discussion

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for the info!

Initially I was pretty upset with ED. First came the removal of the bonus points and then this. As a $50 backer I also disliked all the 'fanboyistic' forum comments like "you should have known $50 was too cheap for six flyables". Well, I didn't buy planes. I backed a project. Period.

Well, well... **** happens. That's a fact. And the brown stuff came down on this project like a torrential downpour. The situation at hand is what it is and I really think it is time to move on. DCS WW2 is still alive. Perhaps not kicking. But alive. At the end of the day that is all that matters.

Just my two cents.

Edited by NineLine
Rule 1.1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I'm okay with what ED has done. As I have stated before I'm happy that DCS is trying to expand the sims fan base into the very popular WW2 genre. More customers equals more profit equals more modules equals expanded popularity of a shrinking and almost extinct game class. Honestly what are the other options available to us providing a sim of this level? A-10c personally blew me away as I have never seen anything even comparable to it ever and my final answer to this is I want more, sooner rather then later and anything that can help make this happen I'm in.

I was honestly shocked by some of the feedback ED got over this. I've seen many Kickstarted projects fold and not deliver. I see it as part of the 'game' that is Kickstarter. But for ED to step in and offer what it did.... i was and am still getting a bargin for my money. I backed £40, and im getting 2 planes and a map. Brilliant! its not all that i was expecting, but considering i like the idea of DCS:WW2 enough i was willing to back it up front, its fair to say that if this product came out without kickstarter i would have ended up buying it all anyway. This way i'm getting a bargin out the starting grid!

As long as ED keep me in the loop and i get to drool over screenshots everynow and then of whats comming, im a happy simmer! :)

I was very shocked logging into Youtube today to see a certain Youtuber i follow bad mouthing ED a fair bit over this. There was so much missinformation being spouted im thinking about removing him from my feed!

Sixth can I make a suggestion, and in no way am I some sort of forum expert but is there a possibility we could start a separate thread to discuss this The reason being I can see this going on for pages and pages and people will not go to the start and take the time to read what has been stated. It needs to be somewhere that everybody can read quickly and easily, as I think any reasonable person will read this and understand ED's decisions.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

It was ok'd by Wags before posting.

It would hold more value if it was posted by Wags.

No offense, intended.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
It would hold more value if it was posted by Wags.

No offense, intended.

No offence taken... but this was my idea, and it was a bit of work to put together. Wags is a busy boy. And Lets be honest, if I can take away some of the headache here, its only gonna be better in the long run. A lot of this info was from his announcements.

I can remove it if you guys dont think its helpful at all.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I have read that the DCS109 and Dora are being flown at Duxford Airshow...and under EDGE engine, really would have thought that kind of news should have been posted by ED here to get a bit of positive PR back, can this be confirmed please

Cheers Dakpilot

No offence taken... but this was my idea, and it was a bit of work to put together. Wags is a busy boy. And Lets be honest, if I can take away some of the headache here, its only gonna be better in the long run. A lot of this info was from his announcements.

This is a very Helpful post please do not remove..

And once again I praise you for your patience!

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Thanks for putting this together and sharing the info with us!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I did not say that. However, Wags would not be the first manager to say...

...'Good idea. You write it and I will send it.'

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
I did not say that. However, Wags would not be the first manager to say...

...'Good idea. You write it and I will send it.'

Well as I said it was meant as a collection of info, a good percentage of it could be pulled from Wags announcements. Most of it isnt new, more so just put together to make more sense and a clearer picture.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I am consumed about 10 years DCS, and I won't even buy a plane of mai!

For the second times fuin tricked by LUTHIER, the first time was in the Cliffs of Dover and now in WW II 1944.

Blame the DCS and ED for making partnership with a deceiver.

I am extremely upset with this situation, I paid $ 40 pair support the project and it would receive all aircraft flyables, therefore I feel harmed

with this situation

therefore I feel harmed with this situation
Just read the FAQ again, read all pertinent threads on this board, read all the original KS threads if they're still available, then use your noggin - and after a wee break, get back to us.

PS. @Sith: thanks for the FAQ and everything you've endured, it really is appreciated more than you may think :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I am consumed about 10 years DCS, and I won't even buy a plane of mai!

For the second times fuin tricked by LUTHIER, the first time was in the Cliffs of Dover and now in WW II 1944.

Blame the DCS and ED for making partnership with a deceiver.

I am extremely upset with this situation, I paid $ 40 pair support the project and it would receive all aircraft flyables, therefore I feel harmed

with this situation

I can understand that people are disappointed the kickstarter project was unable to sustain the rewards stated however for your $40 you shall get two aircraft of the same standard as the DCS p-51 and a WW2 environment in which to fly them. If you had never backed the KS would you not be happy to get all this for 40bucks? I know I would be more than happy with that.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Sixth can I make a suggestion, and in no way am I some sort of forum expert but is there a possibility we could start a separate thread to discuss this The reason being I can see this going on for pages and pages and people will not go to the start and take the time to read what has been stated. It needs to be somewhere that everybody can read quickly and easily, as I think any reasonable person will read this and understand ED's decisions.

If ED has partnered with RRG, she should fulfill what was promised by his partner.

In my view they did was fool everyone, and now they're giving an shut up for funders to ...

I am very disappointed with the ED and DCS, all negative ads that I can do in the community of pilots of WW II I'm going to do.

ED and DCS never more

• Like 1