DCS: MiG-21 Screenshots

Cobra847

Simply amazing! Pic 2.....female pilot? :-) I still can't believe, how photorealistic the cockpit looks.

I think you may be confused by your attraction to the plane itself. There's definitely a pair of manly eyebrows in that screenshot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is probably the handle to throw it away after you crashed it!

*duck&runs*

Nope. That is for tying balloons on the pilots birthday! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i dont care about bugs, you can edit/correct/update your module later, so release it now :D

guys, that's a texture bug. no texture on the inner side of that tube/hole, Rudel can edit this about 1 min in 3dsmax (no inner surface of the tube)

What the hole? )))0_103dd3_e6c7774e_orig

Hope you can see the pilot this time! Here's looking at you kid!

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

What the hole? )))

A relocated, over sized cup holder? :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well...I think it's a bubble blower, ad soap liquid and the speed will do the rest. :)

Nice countermeasure of confusion. Anyone on it's six may think they're flying thru a Lawrence Welk show.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Perhaps LN accidentally got some drawings for the charm bracelet version. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nice countermeasure of confusion. Anyone on it's six may think they're flying thru a Lawrence Welk show.

guys, that's a texture bug. no texture on the inner side of that tube/hole, Rudel can edit this about 1 min in 3dsmax (no inner surface of the tube)

outer surface got the texture, you can see here on this shot

attachment.php?attachmentid=101455.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

guys, that's a texture bug. no texture on the inner side of that tube/hole, Rudel can edit this about 1 min in 3dsmax

outer surface got the texture, you can see here on this shot

I think more correct - there are just absent some polys, for missing textures we have orange "notexture" bitmap.

anyway fix require for sure.

Some triple-monitor screenshots would be nice.. Please!

Looking great!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I think more correct - there are just absent some polys, for missing textures we have orange "notexture" bitmap.

anyway fix require for sure.

pretty sure polys are ok (but missing inside therefore it visible from outside only), the problem is Rudel used 1 sided shader basic parameter for that tube

there are 2 very easy/quick fix in max

a: detaching that tube and using 2 sided materials (texture will be same both inside and outside)

b: or adding tris to the inner side of the tube (outer polys are done, so he can use same polys/tris but it need visible from both direction) - then he will able to use different texture as well - for the inner and outer surface of the tube

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

pretty sure polys are ok (but missing inside therefore it visible from outside only), the problem is Rudel used 1 sided shader basic parameter for that tube

there are 2 very easy/quick fix in max

a: detaching that tube and using 2 sided materials (texture will be same both inside and outside)

b: or adding tris to the inner side of the tube (outer polys are done, so he can use same polys/tris but it need visible from both direction) - then he will able to use different texture as well - for the inner and outer surface of the tube

Guys, you have just delayed the release - two more weeks :cry: :cry::cry:

With all these beautiful pictures and infos....the wait is much more bearable. :-)

I also like the huge jump between 1.2.8 and 1.3.0 or Edge or DCS 2.0 or whatever. I saw some newer images of C-101 from AvioDev from 1.2.8.. It looks great, but seeing EDGE color balance, contrast, lighting and overall feel, I can´t wait for it.

Edited by Rabbit_

as i wrote earlier that's a 1 minute fix bug :yes:

however i can live with all the bugs, i need a release :D

they can fix bugs later :yes: on the 3d model too

Guys, you have just delayed the release - two more weeks :cry: :cry::cry:

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

as i wrote earlier that's a 1 minute fix bug :yes:

however i can live with all the bugs, i need a release :D

they can fix bugs later :yes: on the 3d model too

I can imagine a situations in Rudel's office - Rudel drinking a cold beer just a day before release posting final screenshots for the Mig-21 hungry pack of forum worshipers. When someone actually finds a tube, which lacks a bump-map texture from the inner side ... Rudel thinks: sh1!t, now I have to redo the whole rear section of the aircraft where the tube is attached, which means new rear fuselage textures, new bump maps, new light map, new damage model, recompile the whole model, re-test the whole aircraft, send it again to ED for another testing, etc. etc. etc. - two more weeks guys, be sure :pilotfly: