Would You Pay For AFM In All Flyables

Would You Pay For AFM In All Flyables  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Pay For AFM In All Flyables

• Yes, I would pay for AFM
    • No, I would not pay for AFM

Hello everyone,

A simple poll to help ED see where the customer base is and the support behind them for extra work done for AFM on all flyable Aircraft.

I know I would

Thank you for voting, I appreciate it.

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Not to rain on your parade, but the reality here is:

Would the publisher pay for AFM in all planes?

So, you need to convince the publisher :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes, yes, yes.

Just tell me where to send the cheque.

The 25/T AFMs are stunning....it would be a shame not to share the love amongst the rest of the aircraft.

Imagine the airshows you could pull off in a Su-27 AFM ! Imagine the stall fighting !! Droool....

Not to rain on your parade, but the reality here is:

Would the publisher pay for AFM in all planes?

So, you need to convince the publisher :)

Maybe this poll will give ED some Ammo :horseback

Any reason for not voting GG?

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Probably not, not yet anyway. There aspects in Lock On that can use much more improvement, like adding some kind of radio chatter or better AI. Maybe even some improvements in ME, imo.

Not to say I wouldn't pay money for an add-on that includes AFM for the other flyables.

sigzk5.jpg

I would also pay for a dynamic mission builder or Campaign.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

You're preaching to the choir! ;)

That's the problem. Anyone who cares enough about LOMAC enough to hang around here is probably going to buy anything ED produce anyway. If we could raise $10,000 each ED might be surprisingly flexible.

Until then, we're just a small number of hardcore sim-geeks who represent a very small portion of the sales needed to pay for updates. And Joe(sephine) Public isn't going to pay just to be able to do one-wheel landings in the Su-27... even though it'd make my sad little life almost complete. :->

I did say *almost*. I'll take a lottery win and Keira Knightly as well if they're available. Then I could sell Keira Knightly and pay for the Su-27 AFM. There might even be some change left to pay for the F-15. ;-)

Andrew McP

For certain reasons I won't go into but they Start with "U" and end in "T". it is probably not in the best interests of ED to improve 1.02 flight models. At least not in the "foreseeable". Maybe another day when we see a new page in the book of flight simming by Eagle Dynamics and are flying different Skies.

Who deleted my post and why?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

hell yeah1!! AFM & a DC like F4 :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

stop teasing

I want flanker/fulcrum with AFM :( Who the hell needs that ugly monster F-16

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

advanced flight model.

to be honest, i wouldnt pay more money for afm for all aircraft, as lockon is long in the tooth now and i would rather see them move onto something else entirely that uses the capabilities of newer technology.

maybe cuz i only fly the 25t, but thats how i feel.

ED in my opinion after bs and some patches for it which are inevitable should totally stop working with lomac except for bug patches and move on. Although afm would be cool for all AC, it just seems that if they decided to do it, we will be playing lockon for the next 2-3 years without any succesor to lockon being forthcoming which in my opinion is a bad idea.

flame on

EDIT:

I would buy it anyway, but i wouldnt be a willing purchaser... not as much as i would be with BS....

please excuse me for being a noob (allthough i do try to learn),

could somebody explain what AFM is?.. I really have no idea :confused:

It's the flight model technique used for the Su-25 and Su-25T since 1.1, known as "advanced flight models" unlike the "standard flight models" (aka SFM) that the other planes are still using.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Yes I too!

I hope also this poll will give ED some courage and commitment.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

I doubt you can market such an addon successfully. Sure the core audience will embrace it, but that's it - good luck finding a publisher for something that many will consider only a tweak anyway. It's also not as easy to trade features against each others, as in "AFM updates for the current flyables instead of a flyable helicopter". Development doesn't work like that.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team