DCS Bf 109K-4

Dont expect a firm date, they did that with the Dora, were a day late and some people lost their minds...

risking the next warning and a possible ban, as this question will probably again considered as "trolling" and deleted soon :doh::

i ask again: does the above mean, that we will not get any release dates for future modules?

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

We already have proposed release dates for the P-47, Spit IX, 262, and Normandy map. But they give us a window of about 720 hours instead of 24 for when each will be available.:smilewink:

We'll know when to expect the Bf 109 when ED knows. That is my prediction.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

hi everyone just a quick little question, what's that pistol-looking like thing on the right hand side of the cockpit? reminds me a bit of a flare gun or something like that

It is flare gun indeed.

edit, golani was already answered...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David,

We already have proposed release dates for the P-47, Spit IX, 262, and Normandy map. But they give us a window of about 720 hours instead of 24 for when each will be available.:smilewink:

We'll know when to expect the Bf 109 when ED knows. That is my prediction.

yeah :)

thats ok with me, just wondering whether this will be their future strategy from now on, or if it is only the case with the 109 now, as i imagine them beeing very busy currently with all the new modules and the BIG PATCH.

Best thing for ED to do is to give a time frame, rather than a specific date, which would reduce frustration on both sides. As it is, delays should always be expected when it comes to developing new computer programs; even if the developers have plenty of experience with similar programs, there's no guarantee that there won't be problems sticking to proposed schedules, particularly if there are other programs that need to be sorted. :juggle:

Best thing to do, while waiting for a favourite aircraft to emerge is relax - fretting about exactly when things are going to happen and putting pressure on (possibly) overworked developers doesn't help anyone and just makes people and mods (:smilewink:) tetchy. :joystick: :badmood:

Edited by Friedrich-4/B

Yep, I agree: We should take a step back and give DCS some peace of mind because SW development is hardly a linear affair is it? While you could work out an average SW development speed for a team over the project as a whole, when you zoom in on a day to day basis the progress is more stepwize, especially when you are close to releasing the SW and you are chasing bugs. In the end you may have one serious bug left only and you may solve it in an minute or it may take days.

So, based on the feedback DCS got last time :ranting: when they were a day or two late compared to a date which was probably their best estimate, I completely understand and sympathize with their decision not to give a firm date.........

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

So, based on the feedback DCS got last time :ranting: when they were a day or two late compared to a date which was probably their best estimate, I completely understand and sympathize with their decision not to give a firm date.........

Sorry, but this seems like an exaggeration? I don't remember angry ranting, just normal disappointment.

The idea that ED is not giving a specific date because they disapprove of past community behavior is an unhealthy rumor. What Sith said in passing was, I suspect, just an expression of his frustration with the endless "when?" questions.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think from todays "gaming industry" you guys should be glad as hell about the fact that ED likes and CAN take it's time to perfect things.

Seriously, not many studio's or companies offer their devs this flexibility anymore.

I wouldn't care if they released K4 in 2016 if it means it will fly/behave like it's supposed to do!

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

heck I just downloaded CoD to fly the 109..makes waiting easier:D

Good choice! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

i hope you are right!

+1! ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've watched this thread with some measure of confusion. It always surprises me when people have this sense of entitlement. Thankfully not all of the community feels that way. But it seems many people believe they are owed a release date. I applaud DCS for not giving us a firm date. It's still November. That means they have not broken their release timeframe yet. Smart move on their part if you ask me. Given how the community tends to freak out if it's three hours late. If they had aimed for the beginning of the month this also get some extra time to work out any last-minute bugs that they catch. All in all a very good way to do it.

Thing is we still have gotten no indication that they do not plan to still bring out the K-4 before the end of November. So my response mirrors a lot of other posters here. Crack open a beer, calm down, and enjoy the outside world. We all know we won't be doing that once the 109 comes out.

• Like 1

I've watched this thread with some measure of confusion.

I definitely agree more people need to include /lighthearted and /sarcasm tags when expressing their "disappointment".

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've watched this thread with some measure of confusion. It always surprises me when people have this sense of entitlement. Thankfully not all of the community feels that way. But it seems many people believe they are owed a release date. I applaud DCS for not giving us a firm date. It's still November. That means they have not broken their release timeframe yet. Smart move on their part if you ask me. Given how the community tends to freak out if it's three hours late. If they had aimed for the beginning of the month this also get some extra time to work out any last-minute bugs that they catch. All in all a very good way to do it.

Thing is we still have gotten no indication that they do not plan to still bring out the K-4 before the end of November. So my response mirrors a lot of other posters here. Crack open a beer, calm down, and enjoy the outside world. We all know we won't be doing that once the 109 comes out.

A big +1