DCS Bf 109K-4

Sorry, is November still the current release date?

I certainly hope so! Haven't seen any information to the contrary yet... They still have the rest of this week to go.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Do somebody know if a report exists about high Mach measurements of 109F,G,K maximum lift? Or something similar for NACA 2R1 airfoil - it was not very popular for European and American high-speed designs.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I have not so far found any charts concerning wing lift/weight :noexpression:

Messerschmitt Bf 109K NACA 2R1 14.2 NACA 2R1 11.35

"one of the secrets of the Me109 is its wing. A unique design like no other. The Me109 used flaps and leading edge slats with a NACA 2R1 14.2 airfoil at the root so that a max lift coefficient of 2.0 could be achieved.

"one of the secrets of the Me109 is its wing. A unique design like no other. The Me109 used flaps and leading edge slats with a NACA 2R1 14.2 airfoil at the root so that a max lift coefficient of 2.0 could be achieved.

Where do you see the slats on the 109?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• ED Team
I have not so far found any charts concerning wing lift/weight :noexpression:

Messerschmitt Bf 109K NACA 2R1 14.2 NACA 2R1 11.35

I can not say that 2R1 was something oustanding just because it was not used for fighters by no one except Messerschmitt and his Japaneeze followers... I could not find its detailed investigation in NACA.

Possibly Germans performed wind tunnel or flight tests...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I can not say that 2R1 was something oustanding just because it was not used for fighters by no one except Messerschmitt and his Japaneeze followers... I could not find its detailed investigation in NACA.

Possibly Germans performed wind tunnel or flight tests...

Messerschmitt probably had put all of that on paper, I always wondered what happened to their data collection...perhaps burned by a allied bombing run :(

They might sneak it in while no one is looking :)

Yeah!

agree with you guys.......no worries here:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Next Tuesday or Wednesday is ok. We can now move on to the next crisis... :D

I do hope there is some good news in the newsletter next week though.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Yes indeed thank you for the update, Wags & Sith. Its going to be a busy December with the Bf109k-4 and DCS:- Hawk beta. I feel a bad flu coming on!

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!

so glad its almost out! just wish it was a day sooner Monday is the day I go back to school ;)

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Plenty of vacation time soon to learn the 109. Looking forward to it!:yes:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria