Any servers available without cussing?

Fakum

Hey guys, I am trying to find an Eastcoast USA server for noobs flying A-10 that I can talk to guys on Teamspeak while training etc but without the cussing. Im 51, and have some of my grandchildren at the house. I cant wear a head set for reasons not worth getting into. All Im trying to do is fly with some friendly adults that don't have to say F#$% all the time,,, its not going over well with the family. I can cuss with the best of them, I just dont do it in front of the kids. Id appreciate any direction on this. Thanks

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

For non-combat flying, will suggest the Virtual Aerobatics server. Few simple rules on the server is no weapons, use the runways as intended and no vulgar language. It is the internet, so people sometimes still cuss, but we try hard to keep it clean.

I appreciate that, I am looking for combat however. And your right, it is the internet, hard to control unless your the Admin of a server. I ran a 1st person shooter server for about 10 years, it was cuss free so the adults children could also play along,, but I get it,, might be harder to find for this sim,, thanks though.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just asking for a 'friendly request to not swear because you don't have a headset' should do it, you'd be surprised at the result.

When getting together on TS it can make you feel more relaxed with your vocabulary because of the set up, most are adult and extremely courteous but when men play, men tend to swear, just a gentle reminder of what/who they are broadcasting to helps people keep things in check.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

OK, so the kids have to be able to enjoy listening to dad/gramps simulating blowing people to smithereens with high-explosives and depleted uranium on a combat server, without being subjected to four-letter words?

Just double checking that I understood the issue correctly. I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times.

"Daddy, what does it mean when you say 'shack', and what's 'infantry'?"

Ah, quite the preparation for The Talk later on!

Now, a public service announcement: If you ever see this link on the net, be warned that it is highly offensive and do not, I repeat, do not click on it. I'm warning you, I'm still flushing my ears with a concoction reminiscent of lysol, alcohol and a touch of gasoline after making that mistake!

The tomfoolery above aside, I'm actually interested in hearing the argument for what I perceive as hypocrisy and double standards on a galactic scale. Clearly some people find it absolutely rational but I just cannot grasp it, even if I do try to see the other side of the argument. Care to enlighten me?

• ED Team

You might not agree with the issue of language, but no need to turn it into some bloated forum argument for no good reason, he was stating the fact that he plays comms through his speakers and everyone can hear everything, he isnt talking about sitting his family around the computer and showing them how to dispatch a squad of troops with a CBU. Point in fact, we dont allow profanity in this forum.

OK, so the kids have to be able to enjoy listening to dad/gramps simulating blowing people to smithereens with high-explosives and depleted uranium on a combat server, without being subjected to four-letter words?

Just double checking that I understood the issue correctly. I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times.

Now, a public service announcement: If you ever see this link on the net, be warned that it is highly offensive and do not, I repeat, do not click on it. I'm warning you, I'm still flushing my ears with a concoction reminiscent of lysol, alcohol and a touch of gasoline after making that mistake!

The tomfoolery above aside, I'm actually interested in hearing the argument for what I perceive as hypocrisy and double standards on a galactic scale. Clearly some people find it absolutely rational but I just cannot grasp it, even if I do try to see the other side of the argument. Care to enlighten me?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

DCS is a SIMULATION...

Sounds like YOU have moral issues with the whole thing but the rest of us are not interested in your issues. The OP was asking for a server with no cussing.. Keep your moralistic judgements to yourself and let the guy seek a server with no swearing..

If you have something useful to offer to the OP great.. Otherwise save the moralistic outrage...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Start your own TS server w/pw Called no pottie mouths allowed and give to the ones you fly with?:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• ED Team
Start your own TS server w/pw Called no pottie mouths allowed and give to the ones you fly with?:thumbup:

I think he is wanting to fly with people on a server, I am assuming he doesnt have his own server or he would do that, but if you fly on other peoples server then you get what you get... he is asking if there is any servers out there that frown on the language.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ask them in the nicest possible way to........

3045712936_stfu1_xlarge.jpeg

If that does not do the trick then a change of TS/Server-venue might be more appropriate.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No, I do not agree, but that's not the issue here. I don't think anyone here will be able to convince me to change my view, and I do not really think I'll be able to change the view of anyone else here. I simply do not care enough to put in the effort required.

As I stated, I posted since I do not understand and would like to have it explained. Clearly some people have very different views on this than me, and I'm curious and interested in broadening my perspective. I'm giving you the chance to explain your reasoning. If my jibes appeared at all offensive or judgemental, I think there is indeed something to explain. Why would explaining the employment of CBUs be preferable to explaining the use of foul language to little eavesdroppers?

There is no outrage from me, moralistic or otherwise. I do perceive a bit of outrage from other posters though. I'll refrain from any deeper analysis as to why the issue appears to be a sensitive one with certain individuals.

kontiuka,

'sanitary'? I'd say 'Orwellian'. :)

I think the world would be a better place if we did not allow politicians (or others) to refer to the dirty business of war in a sanitized way. But that's probably my light infantry background speaking - I had little hope of war ever being anything near sanitary for me.

Viper,

:megalol:

Just asking for a 'friendly request to not swear because you don't have a headset' should do it, you'd be surprised at the result.

When getting together on TS it can make you feel more relaxed with your vocabulary because of the set up, most are adult and extremely courteous but when men play, men tend to swear, just a gentle reminder of what/who they are broadcasting to helps people keep things in check.

I get your point and agree, Im just not one to impose on others,,, if they want to run a server that way, thats all well and good with me, I dont want to make others feel uncomfortable that they feel they have to watch thier mouth just because 1 guy has concerns about it, thats not fair to them. Like I said, Im just politly seeking feedback to find options.

in addition, Im not offended or surprised at effte's remarks, I get it, there are alot of people out there that have a different perspective, I just think he really didnt absorb my point as intended,,,,

Thanks guys for the feedback so far,,

Hence my post to start his own :music_whistling::smartass::thumbup::D:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Another thing is that language which resembles Urban's dictionary oftentimes leads to gradual and almost imperceptive (imperceivable? iDunno) shifts in the communicated content. This is far worse on other Teamspeak servers, but might or might not contribute to OPs request. And not only is there nothing wrong with that, but it is also considerate and responsible.

Hence my post to start he's own [...]

Been there, done that x2, and it's a peepton of work even for a smallish group. For the situation that I picture Fakum in, it is just remotely helpful but effective at "guiding" the discussion.

I think he is wanting to fly with people on a server, I am assuming he doesnt have his own server or he would do that, but if you fly on other peoples server then you get what you get... he is asking if there is any servers out there that frown on the language.

You are correct, I am looking for an established server. I wish I had the time to have my own and create this enviroment, much like what I did with Blackhawk down, COD etc,,, I just dont have the time to do it and admin it,,, just trying to see if one exists already.

effte, your entitled to your opinion, I respect that, keep in mind, Im respecting your point, you made it, but its not helping me. All of us have read your comments, we dont need to switch gears here to address yours. I made a post specific to my needs, if you want to go on with your opposing position, you are entitled to start your own thread, please do not disrespect my post, I wont disrespect yours. no need to comment any further ok,, thank you kind sir,,,,

• Like 1

I'm with Frostie - if you just explain to people why you could do without the swearing, then most people will try to accomodate you (minus the odd "slip of the tounge"!). Most of it (the swearing) is the perceived "amongst my peers" feeling people have when they're comfortable on a given teamspeak server.

I honestly think that if you explained it to whoever you're flying with then they'll most likely be happy to modify their behaviour - which may take time. Not asking because you want to avoid imposing on them is a non starter. Teamspeak denies us the vast amount of visual communication that goes on between folk in a normal face to face conversation, so we don't pick up on body language cues. You have to just explain it to people - if you sit in a TS channel not saying anything, then they'll assume it's fine and carry on. It only has to be "Guys, there's some kids that can hear TS here so can we keep it clean please?". If they don't stop then they're not interested - and neither should you be :).

But....you'll never eliminate it completely. You just can't. It's too commonplace to be assured you would never hear something. It's also more or less acceptable depending on the culture of a particular speaker. Unless you fly regularly with the same bunch of people, who can learn your own preferences, you have no chance at all.

I would suggest you look at ways to minimise what the family hear first (could you for example manage an earpiece rather than a headset?) - or only use teamspeak when no one else is around. The best you can hope for is a "mostly not swearing" TS - whether that's acceptable or not is up to you.

Edited by carrollhead

It's quite difficult to enforce language rules. S77th will act on extreme cussing or raging, but that's only when something gets reported or some admin is online.

I'd suggest either finding more private channels or try just asking, although you may be asking every time you fly.

In any case, it's probably easier to do something about it on your end then to change things on the public side.

I hang out at SimHQ with a few TS channels set up for DCS. There are established guidelines for use of these TS channels. If a complaint is sent to the admins they may block a user -- but they do say that the session moderation is up to the current audience. (I am not a SimHQ admin.) You do have to sign up at SimHQ to use their TS channels.

That said, we have SimHQ dedicated channels for The Firehouse and Hollo Pointe servers where the server access is controlled with Ban lists to prevent obnoxious people from joining. We do not tolerate abusive language on our servers.

See our thread at SimHQ:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3685928/Eno's_Firehouse_and_Crew's_Hol#Post3685928

Wrecking Crew

PS -- Weekends see more folks on those ^^^ channels.

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

simulating blowing people to smithereens with high-explosives and depleted uranium

I understand what you're saying. But the key word is "simulated" still, and if a minor asked me about my killing people in DCS, I'd explain to them how this is NOT real; and how I wouldn't EVER want to find myself in a RL situation involving killing other humans. Well not that I'm even actively flying ATM - and we're a no-kids couple as well - but should the need ever arise, I mean...

But swearing in front of kids is not "simulating" anything, it's plain swearing in front of them, end of. And that's not something you'd want to do ANYWAY, right?

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Had some good luck over on the 104th Phoenix TS3 in the last week. They have been very accommodating, few slips here and there, very apologetic about it. I realize its a difficult matter. Had to shut it all down last night when my 5 yr old grand daughter came down the stairs and heard a quick blast of F@#$$ ,,,S^&*,, F$%&&,, wasn't intentional,, but I had to deal with that matter with her mother (my daughter) and my wife which then turned into and argument. Good times! Thanks for trying guys over at the 104th,, I will be back,, you guys have been cool to fly and work with,,, I appreciate it

• 4 weeks later...

This hasn't worked out so well over there, too bad too,, I like flying with those guys,,, I dont know why every other word has to be the F Bomb though? I personally dont care, but my grandkids are there most of the time, and i cant wear headphones (long story),,, still on the hunt for Multi Player server that actually has people in it, and they dont cuss so bad,,, tips appreciated, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly I doubt you find find such group of people :)

I think I am quite a nice guy but I swear a lot :D (ask my squad guys :lol:) its just the nature of the "game", real pilots do it, all military personel do it... I don't see a way around it... it comes with the teritory.

Hm... now imagine if TS had some sort of filter for swearing words, lik eon TV that replaces it with "beeep" :)

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Honestly I doubt you find find such group of people :)

I think I am quite a nice guy but I swear a lot :D (ask my squad guys :lol:) its just the nature of the "game", real pilots do it, all military personel do it... I don't see a way around it... it comes with the teritory.

Hm... now imagine if TS had some sort of filter for swearing words, lik eon TV that replaces it with "beeep" :)

You should come to Shrek SQN :D

You'd fit right in :music_whistling:

• Like 1