Use TM Cougar Microstick to slew Shkval?

Razor5-1

Is there any way to setup the microstick (Radar Cursor) to slew the Skhval around in the Ka-50?

I can't manage it at all so far :joystick:

I think there are two ways.

The easier and better way is to assign the Microstick axes to "Absolute SHKVAL Horizontal Slew" and "Absolute SHKVAL Vertical Slew". You'll find these under "Axis Commands" for the Ka-50. I haven't tested this, but it should work.

The other way would be to set the Microstick as a digital device with Foxy or TARGET and have it send the key-codes associated with slewing the Shkval. In this case, you'll find the keys under "INS Cyclic Stick".

I tried the Absolute SHKVAL Horizontal, Vertical Slew way, but noting happens when I try to assign the axis. I have unchecked the toe brakes as an axis in the control panel and the microstick works in the control panel but not in the sim it seems

How are you assigning the axis? You should be able to select the control (i.e. Absolute SHKVAL Horizontal) and then move the microstick to the left or right for entry.

I recommend this way because sometimes the naming conventions for the axes in windows doesn't match up with the way you see it (e.g. slider for range knob).

EDIT: if you have the Cougar MFDs, you're also welcome to try my TARGET profile in my signature.

Thanks Homefries. that is what I was trying, but no axis is recognised when I slew around the microstick. I dont have the mfd's unfortunately. In the calibration process, the microstick works but is't being picked up in DCS.

There might be a bug with those axes, I had the same problem with a different device.

I wasn't able to even map "Absolute SHKVAL xxx slew" commands to devices other than mice. I just don't know if it was the Shark or the 25T, but the procedure is the same:

Go to this folder: DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick

Open the default.lua file in there with a text editor of your choice

Check if you have these two lines in the axis section at the very bottom of the file:

{action = iCommandPlaneSelecterHorizontalAbs, name = 'Absolute SHKVAL Horizontal Slew'},
{action = iCommandPlaneSelecterVerticalAbs   , name = 'Absolute SHKVAL Vertical Slew'},

If they're missing or made comment (line starting with "--"), you can't map them.

If they start with something like {combos=... they're premapped by default

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have the thrustmaster warthog and the micro stick was automatically bound to the proper TGP and maverick slewing commands, but I haven't been able to get the KA 50 to recognize the input.

On a side note, is it just my flight stick or is the microstick kind of akward to use? maybe I just need to get used to it but it can be a pain to slew targets in the A 10

On a side note, is it just my flight stick or is the microstick kind of akward to use? maybe I just need to get used to it but it can be a pain to slew targets in the A 10

It's definitely one of the cheaper parts with the Warthog. :(

Is there any way to setup the microstick (Radar Cursor) to slew the Skhval around in the Ka-50?

I can't manage it at all so far :joystick:

I have CH Products controllers of Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals.

I have used Crunch's CH Profile since Black Shark version 1, then version 2, currently in World.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/files/file/131-dcs-blackshark/

Everything you want and more. Pretty well thought out. But it is CH Control Manager specific.

E-mail or PM Crunch, he will not mind. He is with the DCS 104th Phoenix squad.

I have not flown the Ka-50 for about 3 or 4 months. Flew it recently on a couple Multiplayer servers I frequent. The wheel brakes were programmed via script to be separate differential brakes using my right and left pedals' toe-brakes. This no longer functions. It used to. Some patch update I suspect negated this and I am trying to figure out a workaround instead of pushing and holding the "W" key when braking. (How I found this thread is searching for ideas.)

Concerning the mini-stick, there was a change in the Ka-50 Options\Controls method of assignments a year or so ago and a then-at-the-time workaround:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97701

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if the micro stick is set up to be detected as a mouse dcs will pick its movements as mouse movements, youll need to disable that in order to use it for other non-mouse things.

Edited by karambiatos

In my couple of years with the Cougar, i never got the micro stick to work as axis. The best I got was a script in foxy that pressed the slew buttons at different rates the further you pushed it. I don't know why DCS refuses to recognize it as an axis, but in several years of use, I never could get it to work.

• 2 months later...

Are you using Foxy software? If so, I can help you as my profile for Cougar HOTAS works for that.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I swap the axes for left and right toe brake for the mstick x and y. Took a bit of fiddling but it works great once you get used to using it and tune the axes to be less nuts

Intel i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 4g gaming edition

Asus Z97k Mobo

8Gb Corsair vengeance 1866mhz

120GB Samsung 840 evo

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint hdd

Windows 10

4 channel surround

Hotas Cougar w/ 120mm machined steel extension and elite rudder pedals

DIY collective via bu0836x plus some random buttons and knobs

Cougar MFDs

Running 1920*2104 over 3 screens