Anyone know why this is happening?

I updated DCS to 1.2.9 and install the Sabre but after the update I was experiencing weird ground textures. So thinking it might be something screwy in my install I uninstalled it and downloaded the complete 1.2.9 torrent and reinstalled.

I have no mods installed and this is a clean band new install. But this is what I see in the game. I have tried re-installing and repairing my install to no avail. Any ideas?

Sorry about the rubbish video quality but I think you can see the issue I am having

Cheers

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

I don't think there is much you can do other than re install, unless somebody knows the problem.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Nope. This is a brand new clean install of 1.2.9 with no mods.

SD

I would try deleting options.lua in Users\<name>\Saved games\DCS\Config and then allowing DCS to generate to new file, just kill options.lua then re run single player and reconfigure your graphics settings and see if the problem is still there.

I updated DCS to 1.2.9 and install the Sabre but after the update I was experiencing weird ground textures. So thinking it might be something screwy in my install I uninstalled it and downloaded the complete 1.2.9 torrent and reinstalled.

I have no mods installed and this is a clean band new install. But this is what I see in the game. I have tried re-installing and repairing my install to no avail. Any ideas?

Sorry about the rubbish video quality but I think you can see the issue I am having

Cheers

SD

Did you activate fog in weather options?

DOH!!!

After another uninstall/re-install the same thing was happening. So I go into the settings tab and notice that the visibility distance was blank. so I click on it and choose High and BAM! problem solved.

Weird how this happened over a number of uninstalls/reinstalls. but alls good now.

thanks for all the advice though chaps :)

SD

DOH!!!

After another uninstall/re-install the same thing was happening. So I go into the settings tab and notice that the visibility distance was blank. so I click on it and choose High and BAM! problem solved.

Weird how this happened over a number of uninstalls/reinstalls. but alls good now.

thanks for all the advice though chaps :)

SD

At some point did you use an extra high visibility mod? this would explain the blank visibility problem.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix problems that are in saved config files. Deleting your options.lua in Saved Games\DCS\Config would have probably fixed it as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix problems that are in saved config files. Deleting your options.lua in Saved Games\DCS\Config would have probably fixed it as well.

This was a clean install. I even installed it on a different drive with the same thing. Really strange. But at least it's working now :)

SD

These problems are stranges.

I think its a system problem, graphic , hardware, or windows system.

Sabre is perfect for me, the same with others i think.

i hope you will find the problem.

Cheers.

Sorry my plane is running and the fuel is expensive.

Take care

Vrooaaaaarrrrrrzzzzzz fschhhhh :pilotfly:

Alojes

This was a clean install. I even installed it on a different drive with the same thing. Really strange. But at least it's working now :)

SD

If you didn't manually erase your config files, then it was not clean.

As cichlidfan wrote, the installing/uninstalling process doesn't change anything for the config files. And those are always stored in you Saved Games directory, so the installation path doesn't matter.

spacer.png