Canopy Dive Angle Lines

jocko417

Would it be possible to have the option of having NO dive angle lines on the canopy? They are really distracting during ACM.

Thanks!

I find sometimes they help! Although for a 1950's Sabre, they probably wouldn't have those lines. Instead they'd have these ADF aerials:

03NorthAmericanF86LSabreCanopy.jpg

But like diveplane said, maybe they can be modded as a texture or skin.

I find sometimes they help! Although for a 1950's Sabre, they probably wouldn't have those lines. Instead they'd have these ADF aerials:

03NorthAmericanF86LSabreCanopy.jpg

But like diveplane said, maybe they can be modded as a texture or skin.

It can probably be modded, I just can't find any virtual cockpit textures to play with, just the external model ones. Funny, the external model canopy shows the antennas for the ADF but you don't see them in the virtual cockpit.

Agree, I've never seen any pics of Sabres that had the dive lines, was this something native to the 35 series?

• ED Team

I find the canopy lines very useful for bombing :)

Google only brings up a link showing a F-86F-30 With canopy lines

http://www.warbirdheritagefoundation.org/PA_F86_I_0007_W.html

PA_F86_I_0007_W.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's just an one simple texture with alpha, that's a quick fix. Here it is, extract into your DCS World folder and allow folder merge. They'll be gone.

o0lutso.jpg

Sheesh, where'd you find the texture,?! EDIT: Obviously in the same tree as the zip file. Didn't think of looking in MODS folder, thanks :)

Edited by jocko417