Mirage F1

Iberian

So F1EE have six hardpoints? Two wingtip for aim-9/550 ,two for fuel tank underwing and two others underwings for 530? Plus centerline for a third fuel tank?

So basically my loadout will be two aim-9 + two 530 + three fuel tankfor going long range flight?

No, the s530 is carried on the same pilon as a fuel tank. The two most inner wing pilons are for S530, wingtank or if supported AS-30L. The outer wing pilons are for jammer, flare/chaff dispenser, rocketpods and maybe gunpods. wingtips are r550 and aim-9. Centerline is for fuel tank and if supported exocet and armat.

No, the s530 is carried on the same pilon as a fuel tank. The two most inner wing pilons are for S530, wingtank or if supported AS-30L. The outer wing pilons are for jammer, flare/chaff dispenser, rocketpods and maybe gunpods. wingtips are r550 and aim-9. Centerline is for fuel tank and if supported exocet and armat.

Copy!!

What can they carry for Longer range missile then?

Kinda weird no?

Kinda depends on what Avio wants to do.

IIRC the Spanish F1s used the old 530s (same as used on the mirage III) in the early years.

But they never bought any Super 530Fs untill they got 50 or so included when they bought 12 used Mirage F-1E aircraft from Qatar.

So my understanding is for a A-A armament strictly as in spanish service it would be old 530s in the early years but i dont know if those where used on the EE or just the CE. (even though the E should be able to use them)

My understanding is that a large number of the spanish F1s where modified to be able to carry 4 Aim9s (like the greeks did) but again i have not been able to say if that includes the EE or only the CE models.

So Air to Air armament probably depends on what Avio wants to do.

If they want strictly what Spain equipped them with or if they want to give them what they where able to carry but spain did not use on them etc.

But this is just my understanding of things =P

And im not an Expert on the spanish airforce of the Mirage F1.

So if anyone else has more knowledge please correct me =P

Edited by mattebubben

Anyone have an idea of the introduction date on the E variant of this bird?

I'm wondering if it would make a good opponent of the F-5E / MiG-21Bis or whether it is too modern with its fancy RWR & ECM.

From the Top of my head, somewhere in the mid 70's.

Dont know exact date for the Spanish Mirage F-1EE

But the F-1E entered service in the mid-late 70s.

It would a be closer to a mig-21 then the later aircraft are.

Without BVR missiles it would have less of an advantage over the Mig-21 / F5E since it missile ranges would be more comparable.

With Aim-9s and old 530s the F-1E would have more of an advantage but those missiles where not perfect.

With the Super 530F it would have a significant advantage but a mig-21 would still have a chance and could be a dangerous opponent since the 530F has shorter range then a 530D or Aim-7M etc.

But then again its not just about service entry date.

Because the F-15C for example enterd service in 1979 and while it would be more comparable to a F1 if it had late 70s early 80s missiles with things like Aim-120s its a different thing.

But the F-1 would be a closer opponent then any of the other current fighters.

So it would not be too unbalanced.

This is only speculation.

But my guess would be that its a sun guard.

So the sun wont Deflect of the display (thats the radar display)

Since these aircraft would usually fly in good weather and often at high altitudes.

And The sun hitting the display and reflecting off it could be a problem.

but that "guard" thing is not a constant so im pretty sure its a removable option.

But yea my guess is that its a sunguard it seems the most logical etc.

and you can still see the radar screen etc its just that the sun is much less likley to deflect off it.

Many aircraft of that era had some sort of hood around their radar displays. I think even F-15A had such a thing.

They gradually disappeared. I guess either contrast of the displays improved, or mentality shifted towards not having pilots attention stuck on a single screen.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yes, that's correct.

Same as all CRT monitors, they were affected by direct sun light, making them very difficult to see the image.

F1 story on Spanish Air Force is interesting as she initially started as interceptor and ended focused on A/G role specially on M versio, achieving very good reputation on this task.

The MATRA R-530 had two variants on EdA, IR and SARH, commonly on the F1 could be equiped on central pylon, on one on each wing as pair, in that case, one them was IR and the other the SARH version. The R530 had not very good reputation nonetheless.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have you guys decided what armament to give your module yet?

Will it be specific to the armaments used by the Spanish airforce EE?

So no Super 530Fs no R.550 Magics etc?

Or will you give more options to make it able to simulate the Mirage F1E aircraft of other nations aswell?

Well, we have to study this, and study each single weapon.

For example R550 it won't be a problem, even it was not used, the spanish F1 was fully operational to use it.

Regarding super 530, radar version compatible was required, only exQatar F1's were compatible to use them, so we would need to study this, to find the perfect balance between reality and a flight sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, we have to study this, and study each single weapon.

For example R550 it won't be a problem, even it was not used, the spanish F1 was fully operational to use it.

Regarding super 530, radar version compatible was required, only exQatar F1's were compatible to use them, so we would need to study this, to find the perfect balance between reality and a flight sim.

thank you for the clarification. That being said, i think it would be good to include the Super 530 on the EE, even though only a small percentage of them carried it IRL, since it will allow the plane to be proxied for other F1 users, which is not a bad thing for mission builders and scenario's.

IMHO if people want to play a strictly historical Spanish or French F1 without the radar guided 530, they can just make/modify a mission loadout with IR missiles only.

For the rest of us, who are paying 50$+ for a module that we want to have fun with, it would be nice to have the Qatari loadouts available as well.

thank you for the clarification. That being said, i think it would be good to include the Super 530 on the EE, even though only a small percentage of them carried it IRL, since it will allow the plane to be proxied for other F1 users, which is not a bad thing for mission builders and scenario's.

None of the Spanish EEs used the Super 530s.

It was the 12 second hand F-1EDA aircraft that used the Super 530F

(EDA was the F-1E variant made for Qatar)

I im OK with it either way but the Super 530F would add to the Air-Air Capabillities.

And a large number of the Export E aircraft to other nations could use it (Iraq,Qatar,Jordan and Kuwait)

So for the Straits of hormuz map comming up having a F1E with Super 530s would be very nice indeed.

to be able to represent the F-1E of many of those nations (with possible liveries)

but it all comes down to what you guys feel would make for the best module and experience.

Edited by mattebubben

Mirage F1

First Pic of Mirage F-1 Cockpit (Aviodev Facebook)

12628457_808009229327548_5501238620488142545_o.jpg

Look weird , streched or too narrow ?? But maybe its just fov setting etc make it look weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would really be very nice if multiple variants could be included in a package but extra effort & research & cost would be quite something I guess. Especially seeing C-101 multi variants is going rather bumpy to say the least.

Anyway this is one of the aircraft I really look forward to, a lot. But if chosen variant is heater only, (due to radar capability etc) I think we should stick with it. If though, a more all-encompassing variant could be researched and implemented this would probably the ideal solution. Or, if we could really get a multiple variant package.

If radar was able to guide it but Spain assigned 530s only to interceptor squadrons on basis of mission seperation, then I think we should get it. But gut feeling says it may be otherwise.

Trying to find different radars on different Mirage F-1 types, and their capabilities but not having too good luck so far. It seems though, Mirage F-1A... series have a radar named Aida, rather than Cyrano series on other variants, and Aida is touted as a ranging radar, so may be that one is not able to guide SARH. Then again, haven't really been able to find what each Cyrano version is capable or not either.

I wonder if at least a F-1EE & F-1CE package is feasible?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It likley the FOV playing tricks but it does feel a little narrower then what irl pictures etc suggest.

And it feels like the Forward visibility is worse then on pictures.

The "Frame" around the Hud might be a bit to wide to where they are thicker then cockpit pictures suggest.

and the cockpit sides seem to be to narrow (to little space between side metal supports and the hud supports)

But thats just what how it felt to me from this single picture =P

But this is a early picture and im confident they will get everything spot on.

And im really looking forward to this aircraft.

Edited by mattebubben

Never seen it but heard that Mirage F-1 has an especially tight cockpit.

Last march, I have seen some aircraft upclose in a museum. Among them were two fighters, F-5A and De Havilland Vampire. Both had, ridiculously tight, cramped cockpit spaces. More surprising was DC-3 (C-47 in it's civilian form), even though it is a Cargo / Passenger plane, and has a pilot & co pilot in two place, side by side cockpit, it also had a very, very tight cockpit.

Most of the photos we see of cockpits are taken with wide angle lenses, since that is often the only way to get it all in the frame, but this has the side effect of giving impression it is wider than it is in life.

So, it just might really be that tight.

DCS-Dismounts Script