Mirage F1

Iberian

So if F-1EE dont have 530 what did they use instead?

Another missile or nothing for longer range?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Surprisingly, it really is that bad.

In your picture looks OK. In the screenshot looks stretched vertically. The image is not even complete so the pit is still going in the upper portion. In the screenshot the cockpit simply looks very tall not narrow. Too tall.

Maybe a picture from the model viewer would be better. But if the pit was made from blue prints dimensions it should be OK... I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

So if F-1EE dont have 530 what did they use instead?

Another missile or nothing for longer range?

First it should get the 530. (1960s missile)

But maby not the Super 530 (depends on what they decide)

And when they stopped using the 530

(they only used the R.530 early in its service)

they only used Aim-9s.

So if it gets the 530 or not will be up to AvioDev.

in reality the EE never used the 530 even if the radar should have been compatbile.

And many F1E users did use it with a mix of 530s and Super 530F missiles.

Edited by mattebubben

In your picture looks OK. In the screenshot looks stretched vertically. The image is not even complete so the pit is still going in the upper portion. In the screenshot the cockpit simply looks very tall not narrow. Too tall.

Maybe a picture from the model viewer would be better. But if the pit was made from blue prints dimensions it should be OK... I think.

I'm talking about the visibility of the real life cockpit, the way that front window is set up it's got to be a huge problem for looking out the front of the aircraft. I wonder why it was designed like that.

First it should get the 530. (1960s missile)

But maby not the Super 530 (depends on what they decide)

And when they stopped using the 530

(they only used the R.530 early in its service)

they only used Aim-9s.

So if it gets the 530 or not will be up to AvioDev.

in reality the EE never used the 530 even if the radar should have been compatbile.

And many F1E users did use it with a mix of 530s and Super 530F missiles.

I hope we get S530F.

MP gameplay will be hard with only 530.

Didnt aim-9 have same range than 530?

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

More surprising was DC-3 (C-47 in it's civilian form), even though it is a Cargo / Passenger plane, and has a pilot & co pilot in two place, side by side cockpit, it also had a very, very tight cockpit.

Yeah I must say I was surprised at how small the cockpit of the DC3 was when I got to sit in it. A bit claustrophobic actually.

I hope we get S530F.

MP gameplay will be hard with only 530.

Didnt aim-9 have same range than 530?

To be honest I think you have to look at this plane in a 3rd gen environment. It's never going to be able play with the 4th gen bad boys in the A2A role.

The F1 will be most at home flying with the F-5 & MiG-21. Perhaps with the Viggen too since we may be able to simulate a 1970s AJ 37 by just restricting its weapons load.

I'm not a fan of people looking at modules as needing to be useful in a 4th gen multiplayer shitfest. I'm glad we're getting more '70s birds, it's a very interesting period in combat aviation.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Surprisingly, it really is that bad.

10453310.jpg

That's a Mirage III cockpit, not F1, and yes, F1 cockpit feels a little bit claustrophobic... :wacko:

The R.530 was used, the super 530 we have to study and ask, if it would have been possible to implemented on the EE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's a Mirage III cockpit, not F1, and yes, F1 cockpit feels a little bit claustrophobic... :wacko:

The R.530 was used, the super 530 we have to study and ask, if it would have been possible to implemented on the EE.

Copy! :smilewink:

To be honest I think you have to look at this plane in a 3rd gen environment. It's never going to be able play with the 4th gen bad boys in the A2A role.

The F1 will be most at home flying with the F-5 & MiG-21. Perhaps with the Viggen too since we may be able to simulate a 1970s AJ 37 by just restricting its weapons load.

I'm not a fan of people looking at modules as needing to be useful in a 4th gen multiplayer shitfest. I'm glad we're getting more '70s birds, it's a very interesting period in combat aviation.

So you hate me. :)

Seems you right viggen + F1 + M21 + F-5.

Well it will be able to fight with the 4 gen aircraft depending on the scenario.

the F-15C enterd service in 1979.

So an F-15C with either 1970s missiles or even just without aim-120s is not THAT much more powerfull then a Mirage F1 in a combat scenario.

But since ppl continue to compare the mid 1990s F-15C with a 1970s Mirage F1 setup ofc the F-15C would come out ahead...

But on a server with a 1980s scenario (no aim-120s) a F1 would definatly have a place in the air-air arena. (especially with a Super 530F)

And with more non FC3 aircraft like the Mig-21,F-5E,Mirage F1, AJS-37 Mirage 2000 etc i hope we will get more servers doing 1980s scenarios limiting the weapons to pre 1990 weapon options.

Personally i think that would be more fun and interesting then just having server with free armament options since that makes combat less interesting in my eyes with Aim-120s and ETs making life hard for everyone.

Thats a reason why i love getting more ove cold war aircraft.

Edited by mattebubben

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Cyrano IVM should be a pretty formidable radar (for the time period)

Inluding TWS and Air-ground modes.

My understanding is that Most of the Mirage F1s with the IVM (C and E variants) are able to use the Super 530F.

So the Radar should be capable.

so then it kinda depends the reason the EE could not use the Super 530F.

Was it not wired ? Did they not acquire the pylons (and wiring for it)

or was there some other system the EE lacked ?

My guess was that since they never acquired any and did not plan to when they got the EE they simply did not wire / get the pylons needed for a Super 530F.

But thats just my speculation.

The Cyrano IVM should be a pretty formidable radar (for the time period)

Inluding TWS and Air-ground modes.

My understanding is that Most of the Mirage F1s with the IVM (C and E variants) are able to use the Super 530F.

So the Radar should be capable.

so then it kinda depends the reason the EE could not use the Super 530F.

Was it not wired ? Did they not acquire the pylons (and wiring for it)

or was there some other system the EE lacked ?

My guess was that since they never acquired any and did not plan to when they got the EE they simply did not wire / get the pylons needed for a Super 530F.

But thats just my speculation.

Yes, apparently it should be possible for the EE, but we will do more research about this.

Incidentally, does anyone have any pictures of the older BF RWR that the Mirage F1 used earlier in its life?

Yes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133903&stc=1&d=1454241850

BF.jpg.460377fcd9c989e862c825c170f4ef79.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Initially they came with the old BF installed, but the place was already reserved for the ALR-300, as per EdA request, due it was planned to install it soon.

The RWR BF/ALR option has been discussed, and it's a possibility, first we want to focus on one specific version, then once will be completed we will decide, but thanks for your comments, as it was already discussed and that helps.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]