Mirage F1

Iberian

• 3 weeks later...

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

sorry to ask but i wonder which mirage is better an newer, m2000c or this one f1?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

M2000 is successor more or less of the F1.

Dessault made it after Mirage 3 Delta wings can not compared with newer designs in dogfight.

M2000 get then advanced Delta design but is now also outdated.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

M2000 is successor more or less of the F1.

Dessault made it after Mirage 3 Delta wings can not compared with newer designs in dogfight.

M2000 get then advanced Delta design but is now also outdated.

What are you talking about? No seriously, what the duck? Of course delta can be compare to swept wings, they all have their own advantages. Not sure where you get it from that they are outdated, have a look at Rafale/Eurofighter/F22(clipped delta wing)/PAKFA etc... which have been and will be competitive onwards.

There is no clear winner in WVR/BVR, they have different ups and downs, nothing is outdated here. If anything, delta is the the newest airfoil type, both in terms of when they were developed as well as their overall efficiency at high speed (consider supercruising). It`s not wrong to say that delta has more favourable traits as compared to swept wing, and that`s why the trend in modern times of making delta jets is getting more and more apparent. Speed ain`t the only one, the fact that you can quickly force your opponent overshoot in WVR for example is another. Pair up a good "triebwerk" and you overcome drag basically neglecting it. Again, there are more differences and overall this post doesn`t aim at "educating", rather proving by point-in-case that your thinking is flawed in this sector mate. ;)

Did I maybe misunderstand your post, I would expect you to know this MaD?

From your statement, I gather you mention that M2000 wings were made after MIII... If that`s how you meant to put it, then that`s also wrong, as beyond being both delta they are different in basically every sense. From cross-section pictures I`ve seen, they really don`t inhibit the same construction, either on the outside nor on the inside. Important detail. It`s a different airframe altogether.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry to ask but i wonder which mirage is better an newer, m2000c or this one f1?

The 2000C is more modern.

This is a 3rd generation aircraft, it's of a similar age to the MiG-21bis and F-5E. However the Mirage F1E has considerably greater BVR capability than either of those two aircraft.

Edited by Custard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are you talking about? No seriously, what the duck? Of course delta can be compare to swept wings, they all have their own advantages. Not sure where you get it from that they are outdated, have a look at Rafale/Eurofighter/F22(clipped delta wing)/PAKFA etc... which have been and will be competitive onwards.

There is no clear winner in WVR/BVR, they have different ups and downs, nothing is outdated here. If anything, delta is the the newest airfoil type, both in terms of when they were developed as well as their overall efficiency at high speed (consider supercruising). It`s not wrong to say that delta has more favourable traits as compared to swept wing, and that`s why the trend in modern times of making delta jets is getting more and more apparent. Speed ain`t the only one, the fact that you can quickly force your opponent overshoot in WVR for example is another. Pair up a good "triebwerk" and you overcome drag basically neglecting it. Again, there are more differences and overall this post doesn`t aim at "educating", rather proving by point-in-case that your thinking is flawed in this sector mate. ;)

Did I maybe misunderstand your post, I would expect you to know this MaD?

From your statement, I gather you mention that M2000 wings were made after MIII... If that`s how you meant to put it, then that`s also wrong, as beyond being both delta they are different in basically every sense. From cross-section pictures I`ve seen, they really don`t inhibit the same construction, either on the outside nor on the inside. Important detail. It`s a different airframe altogether.

I talk only about M2000 nothing about delta's with canard configuration, only m2000 against newer designs like F-16.

I am not 5 year old kid you can hold you trash talk for you one, when supposed it is not right you can correct me in normal manner.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The 2000C is more modern.

This is a 3rd generation aircraft, it's of a similar age to the MiG-21bis and F-5E. However the Mirage F1E has considerably greater BVR capability than either of those two aircraft.

Id say the Mirage F1 is alot more comparable with the Mig-23 then is is with the Mig-21 (both Design time frame and capabilities)

And it should not really be compared with the Mig-21Bis and F-5E.

Since where as the F1 is a 1970s aircraft it was an advanced new design for a capable multirole aircraft.

Where as the Mig-21Bis and F-5E are both new variants of a already existing design that is marketed as a cheap alternative to more advanced aircraft (like the F-1).

In design period and level of Tech etc id probably compare the Mirage F1 with the Mig-23 on the Russian side and a F-14A on the US side.

So where it might be of similar age of the Mig-21 Bis and F-5E the same can be Said of the Mig-23 and F-14A both of whom are far closer to the Mirage F1 when it comes to capabilities and sophistication etc. (With the first mass production Mig-23 Variants the Mig-23M entering service around 72-73 the F1 entering service in 73 and the F-14 in 74)

The Mirage F1 is the French Fighter between the Mirage III and Mirage 2000 and was a step away from the Delta design.

So the F1 was a improvement over the Mirage III in terms of agility and flight performance not to speak of avionics and computer systems.

But when Fly by wire was developed in the 70s the delta got some new life into it as it was now possible to create a Relaxed stability Delta that combined the high speed advantages of the Delta design together with the agility etc that was given by Relaxed stability and this was only possible after Fly by wire emerged since without it a Relaxed stability aircraft would be unflyable.

We dont have all the capabilities to the Mirage F1EE that we are getting announced yet (exactly what weapon options it will have etc).

The Mirage 2000C will have the Air-Air advantage due to more advanced missiles both in BVR and in WVR (The extent of the BVR advantage will depent on if the F1EE will get any type of BVR missile) as well as having better situational advantage due to a more advanced radar / RWR Systems (though the F1 should still have Decent systems in both those Areas)

But in the Air-Ground role the F1 will be as capable or more so then the Mirage 2000C but that will depend on exactly what we will get for it.

So in short the Mirage F1 will be less advanced and less agile then the Mirage 2000C but it will still be a formidable design depending how it is used etc and will be far superior to older designs like the Mig-21 and F-5.

Edited by mattebubben

I'm just trying to put it in the context of aircraft already in the game.

Ok just wanted to show that it might not be the best Comparison =P.

(As it might give people the wrong idea on how the different aircraft compare etc)

Since while they have Similar entry dates the Mig-21Bis and F-5E are older airframes and are far less capable over all then a mirage F1 which is a more advanced aircraft.

(but it was also more expensive which is why Airplanes like the Mig-21Bis and F-5E still had a place in the market as they filled a very important spot).

So what kind of armament can we expect for the EE? I've been trying to figure out what exactly this version would entail but there's not a lot of information. Some carried a laser designator it seems, did the EE?

Also, did the Spanish use the entire arsenal the French F1s had at their disposal?

I talk only about M2000 nothing about delta's with canard configuration, only m2000 against newer designs like F-16.

I am not 5 year old kid you can hold you trash talk for you one, when supposed it is not right you can correct me in normal manner.

Trash talk? Where do you see that? And what wasn`t normal about what`s posted? Think your making a big fuss out of nothing really, if you re-read your first statement, you would see that it can be understood in different ways. I am simply pointing out what`s wrong with that statement. Wasn`t meant to be offensive in any way, if that`s how you understood it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont think that has yet been decided atleast not officialy.

And it will very much depend on what they choose as they have alot of decisions to make on what capabilities to give their EEs etc.

For the "Close range" IR missiles the Aim-9 Juli

(and maby a older Aim-9 as well) will most likely be included (as it was the missile used by Spain) but the R.550 might also be included as the F1EE was R.550 compatible (and most other nations had the R.550 on their Mirage F1s) but Spain never Acquired it.

For bvr missiles they have said they are looking into it and trying to decide what to go with.

In Spanish Service the F1EE was mainly a fighter-bomber where as other aircraft like the F1CE and the F-4 Phantom (and later F-18 ) taking the Air-Air role.

The F1CE fighters carried R.530 missiles

(not the Super but the old 1960s missile) for the air-air role but the F1EE never used them even if it should have been compatible.

Spain never acquired large numbers of Super 530Fs either though they received a small number (around 50) of them when they acquired 12 second had Mirage F1EDA aircraft from Qatar but those missiles were most likely only used with those surplus aircraft

(even if its possible that the CE and EE might have been capable of carrying them).

There are also reports that some of the Spanish Mirage F1s were able to carry 4 IR (Aim-9) missiles like the Greek ones were but again ive not been able to find if this was for the CE or EE (Or both).

So they will have to decide what they want to do,

If they want to keep it 100% like that a Spanish Mirage F1EE would have carried or if they want to add things that it "could" carry but never did in order to let it simulate other nations Mirage F1s to some extent as well.

In the air-ground compartment we will have a decent selection of dumb ordnance (Rockets and different types of bombs including different cluster bomb types) but dont think they have specified anything more then that.

So we will have to wait and see what they find in their research and what they decide on.

And also i recommend you check through pages 10-20 on this thread since there is plenty of talk on this area there.