Mirage F1

Iberian

I can’t understand why Spain didn’t get the Super 530F upgrade (night and day compared to R530) ?

But if Aviodev decided to do only Spanish variant, I can’t challenge the decision to stick to Spanish weapon load.

Mirage F1 is an interesting bird for sure. I can only hope they would expand the Mirage F1 family later. I don’t know if I would purchase it without a Super 530F capable variant ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

So im guessing there hasn't been recent news regarding the Mirage F1, aviodevs still busy finishing off the C101?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

not only the F1EQ5/6 can carry intelligent weapons, but they also get a much more modern HUD, it must increases dumb bomb accuracy quite a lot

and if the R-530 was retired, it was beacuse it was very poor for that time…. the French Mirage 3C ( early 60s ) were meant to fire it at 5km from the target, with a relative Velocity >3.2 Mach, that would approximately be a 7 sec flight time…

That's what I mean, the more weapons available the better.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

page 9 ( june 2016 )

Regarding the version to be developed, we are studying the different options we have, based in terms of info available for us. In Spanish Air Force, 3 different versions were in service before they went to the big upgrade for the F1 fleet to the M version, were the rest of the fleet remaining in service was normalized to the M.

Before Mirage F1M we had:

Mirage F1CE: C version, coming up to 3 different tranches, in each tranche, the F1 was receiving different upgrades. Also in each tranche, instruments could be found moved to different places, making the job for pilots a little bit more difficult.

Mirage F1EE: E version, came straight from the tranche 3. EE had INS system (same as INS installed on Super Etendard), Chaff and flares system integrated, ECM capabilities, refueling probe, among another small upgrades.

Tranche 3 of CE also came with ECM capabilities throgh the Barax pod, chaff and flares inegrated ALE-40.

Both CE and EE, later on received new modern RWR ALR-300, replacing the old original BF.

Mirage F1EDA: E version ex-Qatar F1's, with cockpit distribution similar to Iraq F1EQ, having INS system, but not the same as EE, Super Matra 530 capabilities, no tacan, no chaff/flares integrated, no ECM capabilities (Not being possible to use pods available in Spanish Air Force), new HUD VE-120, among other differences.

Right now, this versions are the options we have on the table to evaluate which one should be more interesting, and EE is a real candidate, we love the way the cockpit is designed, and the functionality. We believe it could be a very interesting aircraft to develop and to fly it as well.

CR/CT, and EQ, could be also interesting options, but lot of information is required to develop an aircraft, and our info in those versions is very limited. If we were lucky we could get the flight manual, but that is not enough. We need lot of documentation, photos, videos, contact with former pilots, maintenance pople, simulator access. As much as we can get of this, the better will be the final result, and for us, it will be more easy to get on spanish versions, basically there is no other reason. CT, CZ, AZ, CR, EQ, EH would be interesting, but not more than a proper CE/EE/EDA, with the proper info to do a nice job. And take in count at the end is a french aircraft, even 90% of the cockpit was remain in french labels during the service, and manual were never translated into spanish, forcing pilots and maitenance people, to study the original language to be able to learn the aircraft.:D

All this post, could be applied to the C-101 project, and why was choosen.

ATAC Team,Texas

Mirage F1 start first flight for 2019

It should be noted that the aircraft kept its French camouflage, ATAC having decided to wait for the instructions of the USAF within the framework of the future plastronnage contract "ADAIR" of which I have spoken several times. The aim is to provide equipment that will carry out some 30,000 outings per year. Currently, USAF has only two squadrons that play the role of aggressors: the 64th Aggressor Squadron in Nellis AFB and the 18th Aggressor Squadron in Eielson AFB, Alaska.

US flag and the acronym "ATAC" on the tail: a Mirage F1 was presented on October 12, in Fort Worth, during the laying of the foundation stone of the company's new maintenance center, the Adversary Center of Excellence (ACE).

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

3769195519.jpg

35037870.jpg

They build first stone for the futur maintenance center

Edited by jpbordi

Textron’s ATAC Unveils New F1 Mirage Fighter Jet

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2018/10/25/textrons-atac-unveils-new-f1-mirage-fighter-jet/

ATAC CEO Jeffrey Parker

img_5179-1024x683.jpg

In the case of the third-generation F1s, ATAC will be upgrading the onboard radars and avionics, though exact details are being kept under wraps so that competitors won’t be able to set ATAC’s F1 technical upgrades as a target to beat during the contract-bidding process.

“We’re investing hundreds of millions of dollars, not tens of millions, in our F1s to upgrade them into modern capabilities,” Parker said. “We’re taking a third-generation fighter and upgrading it electronically to a generation four or a generation 4.5 aircraft. And because the F1 is a very fast plane, it will provide today’s frontline military pilots and ship crews with very challenging and realistic training scenarios.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Congratulations for an awesome job with the C-101... One of my favorite modules in DCS. This gives me confidence that the Mirage F-1 is in good hands with AvioDev. I just wished it was far enough for me to support it with a pre-order but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Keep up the good work AvioDev.

Sweet! I will be keeping a close eye on that development, thanks to the recent experience with the C-101: I held off buying it until the EFM release.

I am very impressed with the C-101 and love the attention to detail and the small things: the ladder attached to the cockpit, the sound of the generators when the GPU is running... The cockpit is beautiful (a bit dark in VR though).

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

We are working on Mirage F1 model, but we want to finish first C-101 completely before getting into Mirage F1 systems coding.

Good point, but.... Is it possible to ever completely a module in DCS? :huh:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Feature complete: yes. But indeed like you say, DCS is an ever-evolving framework so in that sense modules indeed need constant maintenance to keep them compatible with new versions of DCS.

Edited by Elysian Angel
typo
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Sounds like AvioDev still has quite a bit of work to do on Multiplayer. And I imagine there a number of tidbits yet to be completed. It's still beta but I'm really glad they've released what they have so far.