DCS World - Sabrejet

That plane made me giggle like a little girl. That Sabre... She's got some moves!

That was my first time taking her into combat and I must say that I have a very heavy hand with jets. I'm used to the good old props, where you can be a little rougher with the plane without bleeding too much speed. But where have my silky hands gone? Feels like I MUST turn in order to get a shot or evade, because if I keep trying to boom and zoom, the Mig-15 just outclimbs me every time.

Different plane, totally different fighting style. I like it, even if it requires me to re-think the way I fly.

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 1

Nice vid. If you get Tacview you can see the types of climbs the Mig does - I noticed that my climbs were more vertical than his and I was turning more sharply to try and get guns on him quicker. This was causing me to lose energy quicker until eventually he built up a decent energy advantage over me and could climb away from me at will. I've started to try and fly more smooth curves to avoid this happening and seems to be working better.