The All Things Combined Past Release Date Discussions

statrekmike

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... could it be that the Mig-21 is too complex of a module for us simmers? :) Just wondering.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hmm... could it be that the Mig-21 is too complex of a module for us simmers? :) Just wondering.

It is, without a doubt, a difficult aircraft to master in combat.

Actual functionality is somewhat easier, but being effective is a whole different ballgame. I hope you will enjoy the challenge :)

Sorry if this has been answered. But is JATO implemented and functional?

Yep.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

No. Keeping in mind both the module and DCS World as a whole are fairly scalable, you should be able to find a level of fidelity that meets your needs.

Very Hard! O.o

Well, take my posts on SimHQ in the context that they are being created. I've had my hands on the preview copy for two days and have probably logged about six hours of actual flying with it. I could not, for instance, at this moment go through the entire start-up procedure without referring to a checklist. Nor could I do that in the first few weeks of flying the Ka-50, but now I can zip through that procedure fairly well by memory in just a couple minutes. So, like anything, there is a certain amount of just getting used to the lay of the land.

It isn't surprising that this should be the case for planes like the A-10C, MiG-21, Ka-50, UH-1H, and Mi-8 that they should have steep learning curves. I mean, they basically replicate nearly all of the actual aircraft systems and a true ground school for something like these aircraft would be a months long classroom and training regime.

Also, I think this aircraft will be similar to other complex simulated aircraft in that much of the heavy lifting should be done during engine start, taxi, and enroute to the target. Hopefully in the heat of the moment you will have used all that free time wisely and it will only be a matter of setting a few last second items to pursue the attack (or flee like a little girl in my case)...

BeachAV8R

• Like 1

No. Keeping in mind both the module and DCS World as a whole are fairly scalable, you should be able to find a level of fidelity that meets your needs.

Well, take my posts on SimHQ in the context that they are being created. I've had my hands on the preview copy for two days and have probably logged about six hours of actual flying with it. I could not, for instance, at this moment go through the entire start-up procedure without referring to a checklist. Nor could I do that in the first few weeks of flying the Ka-50, but now I can zip through that procedure fairly well by memory in just a couple minutes. So, like anything, there is a certain amount of just getting used to the lay of the land.

It isn't surprising that this should be the case for planes like the A-10C, MiG-21, Ka-50, UH-1H, and Mi-8 that they should have steep learning curves. I mean, they basically replicate nearly all of the actual aircraft systems and a true ground school for something like these aircraft would be a months long classroom and training regime.

Also, I think this aircraft will be similar to other complex simulated aircraft in that much of the heavy lifting should be done during engine start, taxi, and enroute to the target. Hopefully in the heat of the moment you will have used all that free time wisely and it will only be a matter of setting a few last second items to pursue the attack (or flee like a little girl in my case)...

BeachAV8R

+1 I like the challenge! I'll buy the first day the Mig-21!

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I can wait until everyone at LS is satisfied that it is ready. No problems there.

However, I have to say that, after a few days with one of YoYo's cockpit shots as a desktop, that cockpit is driving me crazy. I keep wanting to clean the dust off of the radar scope and smooth out that piece of paper on the dash, to name just a couple of issues! :helpsmilie:

I am really going to enjoy this aircraft. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I can wait until everyone at LS is satisfied that it is ready. No problems there.

However, I have to say that, after a few days with one of YoYo's cockpit shots as a desktop, that cockpit is driving me crazy. I keep wanting to clean the dust off of the radar scope and smooth out that piece of paper on the dash, to name just a couple of issues! :helpsmilie:

I am really going to enjoy this aircraft. :)

Every time I see the MiG-21 cockpit, I wish it was a different color. I might accidentally spill a bucket of gray paint everywhere before takeoff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have never been overly fond of that color either, but the whole thing is done so well that I find that it bothers me a bit less.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Every time I see the MiG-21 cockpit, I wish it was a different color. I might accidentally spill a bucket of gray paint everywhere before takeoff.

I think it's all personal preference really. I love the color and don't think anything else would suit it better. Gray would be so boring.

August 21 :music_whistling:

good day to release :music_whistling:

yes if you can just release it this weekend, that'd be great.

:megalol::joystick:

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Please don't torture as more – release! :D

We have a release date on Steam, which is almost as good as having a date for ED. I doubt they are going to move it up. :doh:

• Like 1

Release date question (not just stupid when)

I am not asking for release date like many others. I want to ask you LN, do you know exact realease date? (simply YES or NO, nothing else) and the final release of the product is on you (LN) or ED?

Thank you for you answers! For others pls don't spam.

I am not asking for release date like many others. I want to ask you LN, do you know exact realease date? (simply YES or NO, nothing else) and the final release of the product is on you (LN) or ED?

Thank you for you answers! For others pls don't spam.

Look towards a release date announcement soon.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Sure hope soon is within the next few days. There is no telling how many times I have checked the forums for this thing being released.

"There is always a small microcosm of people

who need to explain away their suckage"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Cobra. Time for a new word. The word SOON has been abused heavily over the past few months. Not by you of course ;), but lets try a phrase for a little while. How about "in the near future" or if it's much closer "in the very near future". :D

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Ok Cobra. Time for a new word. The word SOON has been abused heavily over the past few months. Not by you of course ;), but lets try a phrase for a little while. How about "in the near future" or if it's much closer "in the very near future". :D

OK, OK- Here we go:

The MiG-21 is coming in a lagom amount of time.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations