Bug: Altimeter not moving past 29.92 inHg

TurboHog

I can move the altimeter towards 30.00 and above and it will display on the instrument. I can adjust the altimeter setting to below 29.92 (I was able to set QFE 29.63, with altitude on the airport reading 0ft), but it is not shown on the instrument.

See track provided.

Mods: We desperately need a bug report sub-forum.

Altimeter Bug.trk

'Frett'

This morning the ATC said to me set QFE 29.77 but impossible because my altimeter can't go above to 30.90 and can't go below to 29.80.

So there's few minutes I've added one little yellow line because the real F-86 have this line.

Here I join you my screenshot with this yellow line:

Altimetre.jpg~original

Belsimtek, please can you tell me if it's possible from your part to add this yellow line ?

Thanks again, Skull.

This morning the ATC said to me set QFE 29.77 but impossible because my altimeter can't go above to 30.90 and can't go below to 29.80.

So there's few minutes I've added one little yellow line because the real F-86 have this line.

Here I join you my screenshot with this yellow line:

Altimetre.jpg~original

Belsimtek, please can you tell me if it's possible from your part to add this yellow line ?

Thanks again, Skull.

See http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127832

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Hello Derelor,

Thanks for your answer and your link, so now just wait for this yellow line ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello Derelor,

Thanks for your answer and your link, so now just wait for this yellow line ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Skull: Could you please post sources (images) that show that the line is yellow?

In all images I have the line looks white.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Yes you have right, this line is not yellow but white.

Bue this line is not draw on our altimeter.

Here one photo who we can see this line:

Atimeter.jpg~original

Please can you send me your feedback ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello guys,

With photoshop I've moved the QFE window, add the middle white line and shortcut the four lines around my white line.

The problem for me it's impossible to move left the QFE window of the real cockpit of our F-86F.

I think that my version is most close of the photo that I've published, but is it good for the F version ?

And is it possible to BST to create this same altimeter like mine ?

Altimetre02.jpg~original

Please can you give me your feedback, Skull.

Please can you give me your feedback, Skull.

As I said, I have reported your and several more AN5760 Altimeter issues in ticket #27382. For example, the "100 FEET" label of the instrument is also missing.

All we can do now is wait and hope it will be fixed quickly.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

One time this did occur, the little hand sometimes vanishes, then will reappear. Not sure if my engine went below 40% in flight. I would not think an analog gage's designator hands would be dependent on power output to be seen, unless it was a F-16 (but that is digital).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I said, I have reported your and several more AN5760 Altimeter issues in ticket #27382. For example, the "100 FEET" label of the instrument is also missing.

All we can do now is wait and hope it will be fixed quickly.

Bear in mind that we cannot see the tickets, so we cannot tell what is already reported.

A couple of items which should be there:

• The altimeter setting scale stops (i e the animation) at approximately 29.85 inHg. It is not possible to set e g 29.80. The functionality seems to be there, as it still affects the altimeter - you just cannot see what you are setting.
  • The tooltip says "QFE". Altimeter setting should be a better option, as it is not limited to QFE.
  • If you scroll the altimeter setting around, the animation can at times lock up. Not sure if this was through going outside of the animated range through click-dragging.

The altimeter setting does seem to work below 29.92, but if you are at sea level and have 29.92 (or higher) as the meteorological QNH, setting it lower won't affect the altimeter as it won't indicate lower than zero altitude.

Bear in mind that we cannot see the tickets, so we cannot tell what is already reported.

I know. All the errors pointed out here are in the ticket, however. :P

Regarding the tooltip:

I suggest changing it from "Baro pressure QFE knob" to "Altimeter barometric scale adjustment knob". What do you think?

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Good to hear, then we can stop nagging. :)

I'd suggest "Altimeter setting", as that is what you are adjusting. A user who can't tell that the knob is a knob without a tooltip is a bit of a knob. :)

You are not adjusting the scale, so it should not say you do. The scale shows what you set the altimeter to.

If it absolutely has to be long as a novel, "Altimeter reference pressure adjusting knob" would do nicely. :)